Graham @ Marion

54_rakes_5

Ahh...the visitor’s side looks good to me. But my point of view is from across the field on the home side. lol Most high schools' visitor’s side is significantly inferior to the home side. The exceptions that I can recall: Mitchell Stadium and Legion Field (and the visitor side might as well be the home side there)...that’s about it.

I know the difference between the Graham-Beaver game, and the Tazewell-Richlands game. I would never compare the two. All that Bulldogs said was that the only other teams that get close to that attendence was RHS/THS.

When Richlands and Tazewell get together at home or away for each team the tracks and the little hills are filled, No matter what there records are.... I never have been to a Bulefield and Graham game, but I have seen pictures of the fans and its a A$$ load of fans for a high school football game, makes ya think you are watching HS football in TX.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with that but the difference with graham and bluefield,is that is every year not just a few years here and there. not taking anything away from rhs or ths. also not many stadiums in highschool football can match mitchell stadium. again granted it is not a field that is just for one highschool like rhs or ths or anyone elses. it is owned by the city of blfd. but still it is a fantastic stadium and getting better each year. now rhs has the field turf. just need to do something about the visitors side and they will have a great stadium for highschool football.

maybe sometime you need to set on the visitors side when it is packed with fans from the visiting team. not so good then and i was not saying that anyone was comparing teams from graham and blfd or ths and rhs. just making the comment that mitchell stadium is great for highschool football in this area and not many compare to the field. the rivalaries are the same for both.

i love it when someone makes a stupid post like this lmao.

Just stating the obvious, it's the guys coming on here arguing over about what happened in the 1960's that I find stupid.

I'll respectfully decline to participate in the "back and forth" smack talk, I'm getting too old for that crap. I would think that the board moderators would try to curb some of that kind of thing, rather than encourage it.

well see...that's where you find out stuff you didn't know...you never know what is going to fly out of a conversation like that.

maybe sometime you need to set on the visitors side when it is packed with fans from the visiting team. not so good then and i was not saying that anyone was comparing teams from graham and blfd or ths and rhs. just making the comment that mitchell stadium is great for highschool football in this area and not many compare to the field. the rivalaries are the same for both.

I won't lie, it a wonderful place to watch football....

im going to watch Tazewell and Carroll Co. play.i think it will be a better game.because Graham will blow out marion.and id rather watch a good tight game vs a blowout

i don't know about a blowout...but the Tazewell game might be a good one.

funny because the IP matches up to everyone from Abingdon who posts....but you probably know more than I would.

considering half of the people who go to battle live in abingdon too yea... besides its only about 5 minutes from abingdon...

considering half of the people who go to battle live in abingdon too yea... besides its only about 5 minutes from abingdon...

it's the IP for Abingdon High...is that good enough for you? It's the same exact number as Abingdon High...not 5 minutes down the road...not next door...it was from Abingdon High School...got it? Probably just some kid goofing around...not a big deal...but yes they were from Abingdon High...sorry.

you need to read up more,grahams biggest rivalary is beaver. i doubt many highschool teams even the big 3a schools get 11 thousand fans out to a ball game even when the teams are down. and this game was listed by espn as one of the top 10 rivals in the country if i am not mistaken.

talking bout district rivals smart one i mean last time i checked bluefield is in west virginia

im going to watch Tazewell and Carroll Co. play.i think it will be a better game.because Graham will blow out marion.and id rather watch a good tight game vs a blowout

just keep lookin over marion, youll see soon enough

yep i think it will be a better game.not to mention closer.lol this will be the first Graham game i havent went to since 1997 when they played Gate City.and then i was hospitalized

I think maybe the REAL reason you`re not coming is because you are worried about getting beat down here. Also, if you are a true fan why would you miss a game because you think two other schools are going to play a closer game?

Heard today that Grahams RB had quit. Thats coming from a Graham player.

I've heard the same thing... (#6 Harris) if this is true....then the speed advantage for Graham, just got a little tighter.

Marion's biggest problem against Graham will be dealing with the speed of Harris and Lane, if they can contain those two (which is easier said than done), they have an excellent chance for a win. Marion has a good "quick" running back too that should give Graham some problems.

I think maybe the REAL reason you`re not coming is because you are worried about getting beat down here. Also, if you are a true fan why would you miss a game because you think two other schools are going to play a closer game?

im not worried at all.i dont let any football game worry me.there are bigger things in life to worry about.but the reason im not going is,is because my mother is in a nursing home in tazewell and was diagnosed with lung cancer tuesday so im going to spend as much time with her as possible ok.worried about a football game.nope not me.good luck G-Men i will be thinking about you guys.i will be there in my own way.

im not worried at all.i dont let any football game worry me.there are bigger things in life to worry about.but the reason im not going is,is because my mother is in a nursing home in tazewell and was diagnosed with lung cancer tuesday so im going to spend as much time with her as possible ok.worried about a football game.nope not me.good luck G-Men i will be thinking about you guys.i will be there in my own way.

I`m sorry to hear that about your mother. I went through the same thing last year when my father was sick with cancer. You are right, there are more things to worry about than football. I do apologize and will be praying for your mother. You know, we come on here and talk back and forth and I have fun doing it. Please accept my apology.

you had no idea.you dont have to apologise.i love comin on here and talking,it gets that off my mind some.but i thank you.i sometimes get wrapped up in too much,but its all good.im gonna stay as close to her as i can right now.its been a rough week.

you had no idea.you dont have to apologise.i love comin on here and talking,it gets that off my mind some.but i thank you.i sometimes get wrapped up in too much,but its all good.im gonna stay as close to her as i can right now.its been a rough week.

I stayed by my father`s side as much as possible. That is the hardest thing I ever went through. You spend time with her and we`ll be praying for you and her.