Richlands at Abingdon, How's it going to shake down?

falconfansrock

How is the Richlands @ Abingdon going to shake down?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How is the Richlands @ Abingdon going to shake down?

• Abingdon will win
    • Richlands will win
    • Who knows, it will be too close to call

I haven't seen a lot of talk about this upcoming game Friday night. A few comments here and there. So what's everyone's feelings on this one? I think homefield advantage is already a plus for Abingdon, plus coming back from a bye week, they should be rested and firing on all cylinders.

Be safe all and God Bless!

Please be civil in your responses.

Edited by falconfansrock

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think abingdon better watch. They are very inexperienced. I saw the richlands game friday night and they are not near as bad as the score indicated. abingdon has to prove they can play and richlands does not. i think abingdon is a 10 point underdog.

Opey, let's think about this though. Abingdon maybe the underdog, but who is the pressure really on? Abingdon or Richlands. If Richlands loses to Abingdon, how is that going to affect the rest of their season. I think it is the other way around. I think Richlands is going to have to prove that they can beat Abingdon from keeping the REST of their season going down the toilet. That is just my thought on it.

I think abingdon better watch. They are very inexperienced. I saw the richlands game friday night and they are not near as bad as the score indicated. abingdon has to prove they can play and richlands does not. i think abingdon is a 10 point underdog.

I disagree, you guys barely beat them after being down two touchdowns in the middle of the 4th quarter last year.........this year you don't have Austin Fuller to bail you out. Abingdon at home plus hosting the turnover machine known as the tornados = a falcon win. The real question is how many Richlands fans will make the trip to cuss their kids out?

I thought there was rumors out of Washington Co. that some of AHS football team was suspended because of the drunk fest they had after the JSB game a couple of weeks ago, of course its A-town though they won't have enough evidence to support this until the game is over cause they can't afford to lose anyone for this match-up. I am really looking forward to seeing how this all shapes out, oh I bet there are a lot of mommy's embarassed about this. Anyone who missed it, big time write up in the BHC and on tricities.com. This is the best thing thats happened since they got there panties in a wad about Walmart coming to town...:o

I thought there was rumors out of Washington Co. that some of AHS football team was suspended because of the drunk fest they had after the JSB game a couple of weeks ago, of course its A-town though they won't have enough evidence to support this until the game is over cause they can't afford to lose anyone for this match-up. I am really looking forward to seeing how this all shapes out, oh I bet there are a lot of mommy's embarassed about this. Anyone who missed it, big time write up in the BHC and on tricities.com. This is the best thing thats happened since they got there panties in a wad about Walmart coming to town...:o

you should check out the "General Discussion" forum here more often...lol.

No one seems to be saying much about who was involved...

I watched Richlands last week. Observations made: Nice field, nice scoreboard, nice crowd; however, their team this year is suspect. They can't hold on to the ball and that helps us. I think we're ready and friday we make another step toward the swd title. Go Falcons!!

holding on to the ball is something that a good coach can fix...I expect that will be corrected soon.

I am going to have to disagree with you Lance. He can change plays, player's positions, and that sort of thing. But he can not help if a kid can hang on to a ball. Anybody that has played knows this. He can try to inspire the kid to hang on to the ball, but that is about it.

EW

the blues will be a new look team this week. from what i heard today thay have made some major position changes. Who knows if the blues can limit their turnovers could be a interesting game. we'll see what happens friday night.

If what I've been told is correct then the team will look really different. I was told freshman Eli Hearl will start at RB and Sean Overton will start at WR along with Blayke Bartkowski and Strong. And a few defensive changes as well. Cant remember them all me and BigD have had a terrible week and my mind isnt really where it should be right now.

I dont know much about Abingdon so I can't really add any input but I will say that Richlands looked like garbage against Powell Valley. But I wonder is Powell Valley really that good or Richlands that bad.......I heard that Lebanon did run slam over PV the week before so I am gonna go with Richlands just having a bad game. Because I watched them at the Grid-o-rama and they looked really good.

Also, just a quick question to any Richlands fan who would know, what happened to the guy with the PA speaker in the stands??

I am going to have to disagree with you Lance. He can change plays, player's positions, and that sort of thing. But he can not help if a kid can hang on to a ball. Anybody that has played knows this. He can try to inspire the kid to hang on to the ball, but that is about it.

EW

are you kidding me? that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard...if a kid is not hanging on to the ball...there is a technique issue somewhere...that's a cornerstone of coaching, teaching your kids to hang on to the ball and protect it..."anybody who has played knows this".

Don Newberry used to say "you are carrying that thing like a loaf of bread pecker head"...lol.

holding on to the ball is something that a good coach can fix...I expect that will be corrected soon.

You're right...he can take that kid out of the game and never give him the ball again...LOL...

I disagree, you guys barely beat them after being down two touchdowns in the middle of the 4th quarter last year.........this year you don't have Austin Fuller to bail you out. Abingdon at home plus hosting the turnover machine known as the tornados = a falcon win. The real question is how many Richlands fans will make the trip to cuss their kids out?

Don't know how you can compare either Abingdon's or Richland's last year teams to what will happen this year? Didn't they lose their like 2 or 3 yr qb and the quick reciever.

Two different teams. The Richlands faithful will be there. Your concerns should be for your own team.

Don't know how you can compare either Abingdon's or Richland's last year teams to what will happen this year? Didn't they lose their like 2 or 3 yr qb and the quick reciever.

Two different teams. The Richlands faithful will be there. Your concerns should be for your own team.

you all lost a whooooooooooooooooleeeeee lot there bud.. more than we did... i think it will be a close defensive game..

i saw abingdon play ph..nothing impressed me except the opening drive..then they kinda went flat.your qb is young and when in trouble will throw a pick here and there..but i think it will be closer than ya think.still gotta say the blues gotcha by a c hair.lol