Who are the top boys basketball players in the southwest district?

mattnoe18

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GMan made the point as clear as it can be. Its great that the boy has been accepted by his peers and new school but that doesnt mean he should take over all the records that are there.

you & gman might not think so, but as other people have said..its not your decision, its not my decision, its not brandon's decision...it's the decision of the people at THS. the one's that really matter in this matter. you might not think its right..but as of today he stands at tazewell's all time leading scorer.

it is what it is.

OK then, let's say that a QB in the Canadian Football League passes for 60,000 yards in his career. And, let's say, the Canadian Football League goes bankrupt and ceases operations. The QB then signs on with an NFL team and in his first eight games passes for, let's say, 2000 yards, giving him a career total of 62,000 passing yards. Does he become the NFL's all-time leading passer since he has surpassed Brett Favre's 61,655 yards??? Ummmm, NO, he doesn't. (Note: The numbers used in this example were based on Favre's passing yardage at the end of 2007...he has since tacked on another 3052 yards to increase his total to 64,707.)

Let's say, Sadaharu Oh, who hit 868 HRs in the Japanese league, signed with the Dodgers and played one season and hit another 20 HRs. Would that make Oh the all-time HR leader in Major League Baseball with a career total of 888 HRs???? Once again, NO.

So how can you say that Pualey is Tazewell's all-time leading scorer when he hasn't even scored 100 points for them??? You can't...

BTW...one last note...Warren Moon, who played in the CFL from 1978-1983 and in the NFL from 1984-2000, threw for over 70,000 yards in his professional career (21,228 in the CFL and 49,325 in the NFL)...he isn't the NFL's all-time leading passer even though he threw for almost 6,000 yards more in his career than Favre...

IT IS WHAT IT IS...

You make no point -- Brandon Pauley was playing at Pocy under VHSL -- he did not change leagues -- if he had moved to WV or any other state then he would have changed leagues --

Let's say that Brett Favre was a QB for the Green Bay Packers and had thousands of yards passing and then he went to play for lets say the New York Jets -- both teams a member of the NFL [same league] does he get credit for all those yards passing --

Let's say Kareem Abdul Jabar was playing for the Milwaukee Bucks and moved to the Lakers -- would his points carry over

Oh wait these things have happened and YES their points carried over -- the one difference in these guys and Pauley is that they had a free will choice to make this change -- Pauley did not --

I also have one more question --

Is everyone from Graham so prejudice against Pocy kids that they can't accept that YES Brandon Pauley is currently the ALL TIME LEADING MALE SCORER FROM TAZEWELL.

I was amazed at the percentage of Pocy kids that decided to come to Tazewell instead of Graham -- but obviously they realized from their one day visit that they were not welcome -- Although I don't think Graham is accepting of everyone that lives in Graham -- they really only want those that are standouts --

I believe that in life their are Queen Bees and Wanna Bees -- Graham is my opinion is a Wanna Bee -- always has been and always will --

Those statistics would broken down by team. A player's cumulative stats still count, just as you said. But when he switches TEAMS (schools), his stats FOR THAT TEAM start THEN....Brett Farve is not the all time leading passer in NY Jets history, yet he is in the NFL. Meaning his stats from Green Bay DO NOT carry over to the already in place individual records in place with the NY Jets organization.

he wouldnt break grahams scoring record so it dont matter

ok you have no clue what the hell you are talking about seeing that Mark Little from Pocahontas is the county's all time leading scorer which Pauley is on pace to beat. So i guess seeing that Mark isn't from graham if Pauley went to graham he would of beat the record. So just shut up. Grahams still a little bitter about them 2 beat downs they got this year from the Bulldogs and former Indians

ok you have no clue what the hell you are talking about seeing that Mark Little from Pocahontas is the county's all time leading scorer which Pauley is on pace to beat. So i guess seeing that Mark isn't from graham if Pauley went to graham he would of beat the record. So just shut up. Grahams still a little bitter about them 2 beat downs they got this year from the Bulldogs and former Indians

what is the county scoring record? i know ahmad scored over 2,000 points and still didnt break any kind of record. How many does pauley have now?

what is the county scoring record? i know ahmad scored over 2,000 points and still didnt break any kind of record. How many does pauley have now?

Ahmad is a great athlete -- probably the most naturally talented athlete that has came from Tazewell County in a long time if not ever -- but he did not score over 2000 points -- I don't know what his numbers were but I don't believe it was over 2000 --

Ahmad had great numbers in football, basketball, and track -- which is incredible -- I would never take anything from him -- I wish him all the best -- and if you read previous post I have had about him you will see I always defend him -- I would think he has records in all three sports at GHS --

I'll see if I can get his numbers --

But according to the county ADs Mark Little is the All Time Leading Scorer in basketball and Pauley is on pass to break that -- I am not sure what that number is but I will check it out --

As for Pauley he is at about 1250 [+ / - a few] the record he broke was Calvin Cockrell's 1214 but that was a couple of days ago. I don't think he has broken the All Time Record which is held by Allison Hunter -- I think it is 1262 [+/- a few]. I didn't see him play at Hurley the other night but I don't think he had enough to break her record -- it is coming though - he's really close to that.

no Ahmad didnt score over 2000 points because Mark didn't break 2000 but he was pretty close cause he droppped almost 600 his senior year

im pretty sure ahmad broke 1000 during his junior year and he averaged like 35 points a game his senior year and he played around 25 games that year so he scored about 800 points his senior year so its pretty close to 2000 and there is no way pauley will break that, but dont get me wrong i know brandon hes a good kid and a good ball player i played againest him alot but he isnt this superstar yall are making him out to be

What is the county record, who leads at each school??? Bradshaw did score 1000 but no where close to 2000, no where close to 35 per game as senior. So what are the numbers??

Grahams leading scorer??? Tazewell leading scorer??? and Richlands??? On the male side.

im pretty sure ahmad broke 1000 during his junior year and he averaged like 35 points a game his senior year and he played around 25 games that year so he scored about 800 points his senior year so its pretty close to 2000 and there is no way pauley will break that, but dont get me wrong i know brandon hes a good kid and a good ball player i played againest him alot but he isnt this superstar yall are making him out to be

if hes on pace 2 break the county record why couldnt he beat Ahmads scoring total cause Ahmad isn't the countys leading scorer Mark Little is.

• 3 weeks later...

disagree he is not the handler that Hanna is and doesnt have the court vision, Hanna breaks every press anybody throws at him and not too mention haveing roe right beside him for backup those are the 2 guards you need to watch for

stop talkin about yourself in third person brock