Graham's Schedule

mnhokie

Just a thought to ponder ?

What would the other SWD teams record be if they played Graham's schedule?

I would guess 3-3 would be as good as it gets. I feel Graham needs to lessen its non-district schedule a tad.

I would guess 3-3 would be as good as it gets. I feel Graham needs to lessen its non-district schedule a tad.

That non district schedule are the teams that make you better......Id admire Graham for playin such a tough schedule.

I say stay with the though schedule, it will only make them better.

That non district schedule are the teams that make you better......Id admire Graham for playin such a tough schedule.

Playing a tough schedule doesn't mean squat if you can't beat the teams you should beat on paper. Dark days are comin boys.........

Playing a tough schedule doesn't mean squat if you can't beat the teams you should beat on paper. Dark days are comin boys.........

and what are the teams they are supposed to beat on paper that they have lost to out of district???? im curious as to that...

As a former player from Graham I enjoyed the tough schedule. Back in 98 we had a smiliar schedule as this years team. We finished the year 5-5 and squeaked in the playoffs where we played Lebanon in the Region finals. Lebanon was 10-1 but their non district schedule wasn't that tough. Needless to say we ended up beating Lebanon 41-20. Lebanon didn't seem to be that great of a team because we had seen better talent from schools like Christiansburg and Blacksburg. I say keep the strong schedule it helps the team prepare down the road.

and what are the teams they are supposed to beat on paper that they have lost to out of district???? im curious as to that...

Did I say anything about beating anyone from out of district? Didn't think so.......lets just see how many district games we end up winning.........With our defense giving up over 31 points a game in 2008 it isn't looking pretty. We may end up winning out, but we may end up only winning one more.

the teams that graham has played are some of the very best on the west coast if not the best , and thats why teams have been scoring over 31 points a game yea they could have played better here and there but when it starts clicking they will be unstoppable and we all know it.

the teams that graham has played are some of the very best on the west coast if not the best , and thats why teams have been scoring over 31 points a game yea they could have played better here and there but when it starts clicking they will be unstoppable and we all know it.

Well it better start clicking........or it will be a 10 game season!

You got to watch out for those west coast teams, especially USC, lol. Seriously, we have Grundy, Tazewell, Abingdon, and Carroll Co. I have seen the last three play. They are no slouches. We will have to play our best ball. Looked at the VHSL ratings tonite. We are 7th, I believe. Time to hump up.

You got to watch out for those west coast teams, especially USC, lol. Seriously, we have Grundy, Tazewell, Abingdon, and Carroll Co. I have seen the last three play. They are no slouches. We will have to play our best ball. Looked at the VHSL ratings tonite. We are 7th, I believe. Time to hump up.

I see graham beating Grundy and Abingdon, not sure about Tazewell and CC. Dont see the Gmen making the playoffs this year.

I see graham beating Grundy and Abingdon, not sure about Tazewell and CC. Dont see the Gmen making the playoffs this year.

the fourth playoff spot is wide open as i see cave spring falling away once they start their river ridge schedule. alot of season left.

does anyone know anything about carroll? they kind of worry me because the way they run the ball. i think we can beat va high, grundy, marion, and graham. we have a good passing game and most of these teams struggle against the pass. what do you guys think about carroll?

the fourth playoff spot is wide open as i see cave spring falling away once they start their river ridge schedule. alot of season left.

yea, cave will likely lose their last 6 games. but since they'll be mostly against d4 teams that have multiple wins, their power rating won't drop that fast. graham, marion or martinsville have good shots at moving into their spot before the end of the season with a few more wins.

Each division takes the top 4 teams to the playoffs, several regions in VA are starting to vote to expand the playoffs to 6 teams in each division because of what has become a yearly predicament of 9-1 and 8-2 teams getting left out of the playoffs in VA.

Don't know a lot about VA side football....What is the 6 team format? Thanks

Each division takes the top 4 teams to the playoffs, several regions in VA are starting to vote to expand the playoffs to 6 teams in each division because of what has become a yearly predicament of 9-1 and 8-2 teams getting left out of the playoffs in VA.

yea, cave will likely lose their last 6 games. but since they'll be mostly against d4 teams that have multiple wins, their power rating won't drop that fast. graham, marion or martinsville have good shots at moving into their spot before the end of the season with a few more wins.

cave spring fields some good teams year after year but they are so screwed playing in the river ridge as the only d3 team in a powerful d4 district

You say West Coast like teams from Cali have been coming in here to play the G-Men... lol