falcons vs g-boys

cowboyup

what do you guys think? i see the falcons coming out on top 35-14. too many weapons for the graham defense- i know they have struggled all year on that side of the ball. do you have a prediction this year G-MAN?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to admit i didn't think you had it in you. you usually take this opportunity to bash abingdon. i am convinced now you are a better guy than people give u credit for. go falcons!

where r u at preach?

Abingdon by 7. What about Jake Hess? Sophomore! 90% of his passes are exactly where they are supposed to be, whether long or short. If he gets some help from receivers and the younger Coleman continues to improve, holy cow, watch out for the falcons over the next couple of years. I've got a daughter in Abingdon's band and a step-son who plays at Holston, so I split games and get alot of exposure to teams throughout SWVA. Jake's the best qb I've seen, with the possible exception of Sharitz at GW, who's a senior.

He is not better than Elswick from Richlands, I will tell you that much.

Elswick is a very mature, dependable qb, with good passing and running skills, who is a great leader with his team and will be instrumental in helping the Blues have a good playoff series. Hess is a young qb, with potential and should develop into a good playmaker for the Falcons. I am going to go with the Falcons over the G-Men by 2 tds.

Edited by tbgfan

He is not better than Elswick from Richlands, I will tell you that much.

Can't argue with you, because I haven't seen Elswick. That was my Holston week. However, have you seen Hess? Hard to make a statement like that if you haven't. If even one half of the dropped passes were completions, his stats would be unreal. They're already pretty good.

G-men will win by a big margin because they have alot to play for they hold there own future in their hands and from last year when the falcons beat them they will be fired up and win by alot it'll be a hard fought game but in the end i believe the g men have a few more weapons than the falcons

I think the key to an Abingdon win will be field position and turnovers. They're averaging about 2 TOs a game and a lot of them this year have been serious drive stoppers. If Abingdon can hold the Gmen under 200 yds on the ground and put up at least 28 points; Abingdon wins. But I think playing in Bluefield and Abingdon's youth will hurt Friday. Gmen 35 AHS 21.

Abingdon by 7. What about Jake Hess? Sophomore! 90% of his passes are exactly where they are supposed to be, whether long or short. If he gets some help from receivers and the younger Coleman continues to improve, holy cow, watch out for the falcons over the next couple of years. I've got a daughter in Abingdon's band and a step-son who plays at Holston, so I split games and get alot of exposure to teams throughout SWVA. Jake's the best qb I've seen, with the possible exception of Sharitz at GW, who's a senior.

I dont know about abingdon the next couple years...yes they will have good skill players but that doesnt mean anything if they don't have a line to protect them and they don't seem to have a whole lot of potential with they're big men

I am a Richlands fan and watch the Blues every week. I was at the Rich and Abingdon game and the falcons QB is good but young. He has a good arm but needs to mature alot, but that will come with experience. Elswick is a mature QB, He has played alot of games 14 last year and all this year. He still has his off nights but when he clicks and gets comfortable watch out. Next year the Blues are going to be really young. Only will have around 4-6 seniors and replacing a few receivers, RB, QB and O line. Next year will be the true rebuilding year.

I'll be there. I think the falcons continue to build on next year with a win. We're playing better. Question: Did Cuzzs really burn or are you guys messing with me?

Yep it did--was by there today and a demo crew was removing the roof and other debris.

Life has many choices---eternity two

How is the falcons big guys up front can they handle grahams line ?

And how do they plan on stopping the 360 total yards per game the g men offense put up?

But how many yards (and points) has the G-D given up...my reasoning for a high scoring shootout in which Graham comes up short...