Football Scheduling 2009

footballfan08

well,i think abingdon and gw might hold hands if we let them..geez,you and cowgirl backward never really have anything but negative posts..if it's not gw or abingdon then they are just ok..geez,abingdon has gotta be the worst team as far as sportsmanship goes.spitting,cussing,throwing punches..then turn around and think you are the best.gw,is just cocky..plain and simply..honestly,i like them better than falcon crest...lol

deuceswild

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Ervinton has agreed to go ahead and put the "g" in their name under the assumption that more kids would come out to play. It's a "g"-thang in Nora. The long of it..they played hard until the final game, there is a lot to be said about those guys. Watch out for Ervington next year.

2) The VHSL has agreed to let Tazewell wear camouflage uniforms next year. Just when no one sees the coming, they rattle off 8 wins, beat some good teams, and go to the playoffs after a dismal last season. It will be harder to see them coming next year, even with the mandated blaze orange cleats.

3) Chilhowie has sifted through every text book in circulation and replaced the word "tough" with "Tuff". The only problem: no one noticed. They've spelled it that way for years.

4) Virginia High thought of a great idea to reduce worker mental load. Instead of having the same coach, coach the same thing, every year.. and getting burnt out, they decided to make all of their coaches choose a new sport, just to mix things up. Look out next year as the Bearcats are led back to the playoffs by former swimming coach, Leslie Byington.

5) Because Abingdon is such a feel good town, under complete secrecy from day one, the Falcon admin replaced the traditional sideline refreshment, Gatorade, with berry flavored Malt Liquor. The only problem is, most of the kids liked it too much and carried their habit away from the gridiron. The sad part: contributing to minors is still illegal, even in the golden lands of upscale southwest Virginia.

6) Disney has agreed to produce a movie based on John Battle's football program. The working title is "Busted and Leaking: The True Story", but some think that might be a little wordy. The hardships Battle has faced have been grueling and it's commendable that the kids who come out for that program actually stick with it. It's mostly sad that their district does not cater to programs trying to build. But stick with it, it can only get better. Everyone is pulling for you.

read number 5 very closely..lol..

Probably won't be great next year. We're losing most of our offense next season.

I dont think it will matter. We have a great group of kids coming up. Also most of the defense will be back. Remember Defense wins Championships. I just hope the first game with Bluefield will be at Gate City. I was glad to see Clintwood go because of driving up there but dang if Bluefield aint a longer drive! LOL!

Holston wasn't all that great. 8-2 team but more like a 5-5 or 6-4 team.

They are an 8-2 division one team with a division one schedule. They weren't all that great but they were certainly good. They would have won the MED, Cumberland, and maybe the Pioneer. They just don't look that good through our Hogo and TRD tinted glasses, we have higher expectations. Holston has given a valiant effort all year.

Although, sometimes I want to kick them all off of message boards because they think they're better than they are, but I won't take anything away from their proud season.

understood..i think in the big scheme of things they are at best a c+ team..which will get you places if you just play hard.i really think next year they may be even better.i thought this was the year but honestly they can't compete with burton or clintwood.i hate to say this to but giles looks tough toward the end of the season.can chilhowie find the ball before they score?

I dont think it will matter. We have a great group of kids coming up. Also most of the defense will be back. Remember Defense wins Championships. I just hope the first game with Bluefield will be at Gate City. I was glad to see Clintwood go because of driving up there but dang if Bluefield aint a longer drive! LOL!

True I'm excited about the things I've heard as far as the future. I assume that South and Bluefield will both be at Gate City next year, considering we're losing 2 home games and they filled those slots.

They are an 8-2 division one team with a division one schedule. They weren't all that great but they were certainly good. They would have won the MED, Cumberland, and maybe the Pioneer. They just don't look that good through our Hogo and TRD tinted glasses, we have higher expectations. Holston has given a valiant effort all year.

Although, sometimes I want to kick them all off of message boards because they think they're better than they are, but I won't take anything away from their proud season.

They do have an 8-2 record and I respect that. But what I was saying is that with GW's schedule Holston would be 3-7. Thats all I am saying. I think you lose to EM and its fine with me that you don't agree. Just don't bash us for speaking the truth. Beat EM and I will congratulate you, lose and I will still say congrats on a great season.

so it's official that bluefield and richlands won't schedule another series as of this time?

From what i have heard we dropped Bluefield and PV and picked up Lebanon for sure and not sure of the other team yet.

backing up a little bit, i have enjoyed supporting some hard hitting Richlands teams the last few years. the last series with lebanon was one-sided to say the least. however, before the break in the series Lebanon won more in this rivalry in the 90's. Heck, I remember for a while there in the 90's our little league programs even had big rivalries! I think it's good for both communities to have this game on the schedule with the towns being neighbors...let it be settled on the field. I hope we both bring home titles this year and the Pioneers can get one back from the Tornado next year!