Respect for Holston

cavdaddy

It is time for everyone to recognize that We Are For Real! I want to congratulate Coach Matlock and our boys for a job well done. Its time for the rest of you to stand up and give us some props! We've EARNED it!

yes,those 2 weeks off hurt us though..i saw them be really flat then saw them get it going..then back to being flat..really bad play when they fumbled the ball cause they had the game wrapped up with around 3 mins to go..but hopefully this game will get them ready for next week.i thought the crowd was great..i had fun,i was tense the whole game.num 70 was i think one of the biggest and very athletic kids i've saw in awhile..east mont has a nice lil team..just to many dropped passes and mental mistakes.GO CAVS

holston is a lot better than i thought. congrats to the cavs! i have to say they might be able to beat abingdon this year. i watched them last night and if clintwood or burton comes calling i feel sorry for them. holston is the real deal!

you feel sorry for Clintwood/Burton?? LoL

holston is a lot better than i thought. congrats to the cavs! i have to say they might be able to beat abingdon this year. i watched them last night and if clintwood or burton comes calling i feel sorry for them. holston is the real deal!

Beat Abingdon? Thats wishin a little too hard

I have been to a few Abingdon games this year and they would not beat Holson. I think Holston would win 28-14, their defense is too good for the Falcon offense. I can't wait for the showdown in two weeks against Clintwood or Burton. Where will this game be played? If it is at Holston I see them going to the state finals. Their defense is as good as I've seen this year. Good luck next week HOLSTON!

i agree that holston could beat abingdon this yr..but geez saying they can hang with burton or clintwood..ummm,i dunno.gotta beat bath first..they will probably play travel if they beat bath..long hard road for holston..this is the year they learn to win..next year might be a crazy year with them only losing 6 srs..been fun so far.

yea when they beat clintwood or burton ill say they are the real deal to .i dont think id be feelin to sorry for either of those teams yet.ive not seen holston play but im glad they have things goin good for them.they definetley better have strength,quickness,and speed when they face off with one of those teams.

i agree that holston could beat abingdon this yr..but geez saying they can hang with burton or clintwood..ummm,i dunno.gotta beat bath first..they will probably play travel if they beat bath..long hard road for holston..this is the year they learn to win..next year might be a crazy year with them only losing 6 srs..been fun so far.

No kidding. Burton put up 56 against Haysi and Clintwood put 60 on T. Walker. I sure as heck don't feel sorry for them and just hope we get by Bath and get to play one of them. I agree, next year is the year we can hopefully compete with them.

If Holston gets by Bath, then IF they get by Clintwood/JI Burton, then they would play William Campbell. Let me tell you something, if Holston were to play WC, 70-0 would be a real possibility. Congrats Holston on making it this far, but I don't see you getting by Clintwood/JI Burton.

well,gee thanks for all that..i think we know it's gonna be a hard road..we know the cards are stacked against us..but anything can happen..i don't think wc will want to run the score up if they got you down that bad..wait i forgot again..running up the score when you got somebody really down is what other schools do..not mentioning any name..lol

well,gee thanks for all that..i think we know it's gonna be a hard road..we know the cards are stacked against us..but anything can happen..i don't think wc will want to run the score up if they got you down that bad..wait i forgot again..running up the score when you got somebody really down is what other schools do..not mentioning any name..lol

WC is just that good. The year we won state, I saw them play and put up 70 on Appalachia. Not running up the score. Playing subs. They scored 64 this week.

Coach Matlock is my friend, and I respect Holston,but either Clintwood or Burton would clobber Holston. Clintwood or Burton will be playing William Campbell for a state championship in my opinion. William Campbell will probably end Buffalo Gaps win streak of 20 plus games and be favored to win it all. It will take a heroic effort to defeat Campbell, they crushed Riverheads 64 to 6. Buffalo Gap only beat Riverheads 21 to 14. Dont feel sorry for my Clintwwod Greenwave warroirs. The last 2 games we put 127 points on the board and our opponents 0. Burton needs no sympathy either,they beat Gate City by 14 and Haysi 54 to 17. Enjoy your success , but dont underestimate the the men in green or the raiders in orange and black,for they are the real deal.:)

Anything can happen in football. That's why they play the game! Did anyone think the Giants would beat the Patriots last year? You never know just win this week red and we will see what happens. I really got that football fever over there on Friday and will be back for more this week. Good luck cavs!

bath doesn't look as tough as east mont..i'm telling you..east mont was way underrated.but bath has a winning tradition..will be fun..honestly,i think everybody in d town is pretty proud of what this year has brought..next year might final be that year.as for this year..well will see..

I have been to a few Abingdon games this year and they would not beat Holson. I think Holston would win 28-14, their defense is too good for the Falcon offense. I can't wait for the showdown in two weeks against Clintwood or Burton. Where will this game be played? If it is at Holston I see them going to the state finals. Their defense is as good as I've seen this year. Good luck next week HOLSTON!

Careful, Bath County is the defending Region C champs and have been in the Region championship game for about the last 7 years!!! Gotta take care of them first!!!

Congratualtions to the boys from Holston. Respect has been earned by them...although some on here that are really thinking that they can beat Burton or Clintwood have lost all credibility. Burton or Clintwood could probably pick the score of that game...lol. :D

if they beat Bath, and Clintwood wins,they play at Clintwood,if Burton and Holston win they play at Burton in my understanding. :)

Anything can happen in football. That's why they play the game! Did anyone think the Giants would beat the Patriots last year? You never know just win this week red and we will see what happens. I really got that football fever over there on Friday and will be back for more this week. Good luck cavs![/quote

r u crazy? U r comparing holston to the ny giants. Listen there is no way big red could beat my falcons. a-town would beat them by 4-5 td's. i would be suprised if holston wins this week. I will go with bath 21-13. sorry red but your season will end on friday. good luck!

We meet again. I've already told you falcon fans to let it go. Your season is over. What you should do is be proud that we are the lone standing football team in washington county still playing! I will restate my claim - WE DONT CARE IF YOU WANT TO PLAY US! Our boys wouldn't be scared of the blue birds! We're just a small town excited about football - GET IT! GOOD!!!! GET OVER IT!!!:p