Does Graham and Bluefield Play tonight

wvuraiders

The lack of experience showed. Craig Ponder played extremely well. This is his team, and this was his night to make his name known. The size really advantage for Graham really wasn't brought out. Most of their points came from the horrible Bluefield press defense. The guys I was sitting next to kept waiting for the Bluefield coaching staff to quit pressing, but it never came.

I think this basketball season will nearly mirror the football season. A few tough losses due to inexperience, but as the season progresses things will begin to look better. This is Ponder's team, he is the leader, and he will do nothing more than work his hardest to make this team better.

Bluefield basketball is dead. If they cannot beat Graham they have absolutely no chance against the likes of Logan, Wyoming East, Oak Hill, and the other top AA teams in WV. This is the lowest point of the Bluefield program in probably three decades.
So your calling Graham no good? wow hatin in basketball to lol

So your calling Graham no good? wow hatin in basketball to lol

Compared to the teams that Bluefield will have to compete against in their new section and super region, yes. Graham, nor Bluefield, would be capable of staying within 20 points of Wyoming East, Logan, Oak Hill, and the other top "AA" teams in WV. Both Graham, and now Bluefield, had better stick to football or some other sport b/c basketball is laughable.

I'm spoiled, I grew up watching Bluefield basketball when they were well-coached, disciplined, and played fundamental basketball. When teams like DuPont (#1 in the state) with Randy Moss, Jason Williams, and Bobby Howard rolled into Bluefield and walked out on the bad end of a 20-point beatdown. When teams like Bluefield and Beckley played epic, double OT thrillers with the final score well over 100-points for each team. When Bluefield regularly toppled top ranked AAA opponents such as Fairmont Senior, Wheeling Park, Capital, etc. Bluefield doesn't belong on the floor with any AAA team now, much less the top ranked ones.

Edited by Bluefield_Rules

Compared to the teams that Bluefield will have to compete against in their new section and super region, yes. Graham, nor Bluefield, would be capable of staying within 20 points of Wyoming East, Logan, Oak Hill, and the other top "AA" teams in WV. Both Graham, and now Bluefield, had better stick to football or some other sport b/c basketball is laughable.

Isn't Logan Class AAA now? Either way, you're right. Bluefield doesn't stand a chance.

Guest JJBrickface

I've said this for the past handful of seasons, and I'll say it again this year. Bluefield lacks the size and shooting ability to be the favorites.

I've said this for the past handful of seasons, and I'll say it again this year. Bluefield lacks the size and shooting ability to be the favorites.

I know we've disagreed the past few seasons about that, but you couldn't be any more right about this year. Aside from Ponder, there isn't a "true" basketball player on the team.

I agree with all of you. Bluefield will be average at best this year.... and it kills me to say that

Getmoney55: bob redd kept saying something about a "marker board in the bluefield student section"

what kinda stuff were you guys writing on it? esp. when Kyle Harris slammed the ball down infront of you guys

I agree with all of you. Bluefield will be average at best this year.... and it kills me to say that

Getmoney55: bob redd kept saying something about a "marker board in the bluefield student section"

what kinda stuff were you guys writing on it? esp. when Kyle Harris slammed the ball down infront of you guys

Yeah. They always bring the dry erase board. One time it said "if you can read this you're not Kyle Harris" but I don't think he took offense to it. Just laughed.

Someone wrote "If you can read this, ur not Kyle Harris." I'll go out and say it, it wasn't me and I don't know who it was, but that's inexcusable. No one would want that said about them, so why do it to someone else?

The reason Kyle threw the ball into the stands was because I believe he missed a pass and every began to boo him, with a few people getting in his face when he came close to contact with the student section. Kyle then grabbed the ball and threw it away from the ref and into the crowd. I was surprised he didn't get a technical, but I don't blame him for being upset. Tonight was a rare night for me to be part of the student section. I don't like it, I don't care for many of the people in it, and these events just push me further away from ever being back in there. I feel ashamed of the decisions made by those idiots.

Guest JJBrickface
Someone wrote "If you can read this, ur not Kyle Harris." I'll go out and say it, it wasn't me and I don't know who it was, but that's inexcusable. No one would want that said about them, so why do it to someone else?

The reason Kyle threw the ball into the stands was because I believe he missed a pass and every began to boo him, with a few people getting in his face when he came close to contact with the student section. Kyle then grabbed the ball and threw it away from the ref and into the crowd. I was surprised he didn't get a technical, but I don't blame him for being upset. Tonight was a rare night for me to be part of the student section. I don't like it, I don't care for many of the people in it, and these events just push me further away from ever being back in there. I feel ashamed of the decisions made by those idiots.

Haha wait until you get in college. When I was at BHS I thought that there were a few people over the line at times but in college there are hundred of drunk kids crossing the line.

Haha wait until you get in college. When I was at BHS I thought that there were a few people over the line at times but in college there are hundred of drunk kids crossing the line.

yeah like this...even tho it is kinda funny haha

http://bp0.blogger.com/_M_M3uQQ42FA/R2FCBK-FOLI/AAAAAAAAAIE/RquVgyvoowo/s1600-h/jj_is_redickulously_gay2.jpg

Our graduating class had one of the best student sections in my opinion...When we were there, we had a large following, loud, signs and everything

You cant go to a game drunk now without somebody ratting you out, the whole student section would have to be plastered...which would be awesome to have done

That Kyle Harris story is funny, unless he really cant read..... then its messed up, but who is a senior in high school and cant read?

haha

that maryland dude holding up that other part of the sign looks like a guy named "gibby" that was in my french class my senior year...what a tool...

Bluefield basketball is dead. If they cannot beat Graham they have absolutely no chance against the likes of Logan, Wyoming East, Oak Hill, and the other top AA teams in WV. This is the lowest point of the Bluefield program in probably three decades.

OK, you win...Bluefield basketball is dead...

I admit when I'm wrong...I was wrong about the direction of their program under the new coach...:D