Let it be duly noted...

GMan

no matter who was coming in it will once again get worse before it gets better.

And maybe we will be able to generate enough revenue to foot the $150 million bill for today's inauguration festivities.

And maybe we will be able to generate enough revenue to foot the $150 million bill for today's inauguration festivities.

What Recession? The $170 Million Inauguration

Obama's Inauguration Has Been Financed Partially by Bailed-Out Wall Street Executives

By SCOTT MAYEROWITZ

ABC NEWS Business Unit

Jan. 19, 2009

SHARE The country is in the middle of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression, which isn't stopping rich donors and the government from spending $170 million, or more, on the inauguration of Barack Obama .

Employees at banks, brokerages and Wall Street firms donated $7 million Barack Obama's inauguration.

(ABC News Photo Illustration)The actual swearing-in ceremony will cost $1.24 million, according to Carole Florman, spokeswoman for the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies.

It's the security, parties and countless Porta-a-Potty rentals that really run up the bill.

The federal government estimates that it will spend roughly $49 million on the inaugural weekend. Washington, D.C., Virginia and Maryland have requested another $75 million from the federal government to help pay for their share of police, fire and medical services.

And then there is the party bill.

"We have a budget of roughly $45 million, maybe a little bit more," said Linda Douglass, spokeswoman for the inaugural committee.

Life has many choices---eternity has two

What Recession? The $170 Million Inauguration

Obama's Inauguration Has Been Financed Partially by Bailed-Out Wall Street Executives

By SCOTT MAYEROWITZ

ABC NEWS Business Unit

Jan. 19, 2009

SHARE The country is in the middle of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression, which isn't stopping rich donors and the government from spending $170 million, or more, on the inauguration of Barack Obama .

Employees at banks, brokerages and Wall Street firms donated $7 million Barack Obama's inauguration.

(ABC News Photo Illustration)The actual swearing-in ceremony will cost $1.24 million, according to Carole Florman, spokeswoman for the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies.

It's the security, parties and countless Porta-a-Potty rentals that really run up the bill.

The federal government estimates that it will spend roughly $49 million on the inaugural weekend. Washington, D.C., Virginia and Maryland have requested another $75 million from the federal government to help pay for their share of police, fire and medical services.

And then there is the party bill.

"We have a budget of roughly $45 million, maybe a little bit more," said Linda Douglass, spokeswoman for the inaugural committee.

Life has many choices---eternity has two

Well, Democrats love to spend, spend, spend. ;)

how about paying for all that mess in Iraq that wasn't needed.

Tell the men and women who fought or are still fighting, that it was not NEEDED. Or better yet, to someone who lost someone in 9/11.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Here is a newsflash for you, Obama isnt getting US troops out of Afghanistan or Iraq anytime soon, he may talk like he will but he wont. Mark my words. He knows the importance and the implications involved with taking an L and leaving. He doesnt want that on his shoulders.

Here is a newsflash for you, Obama isnt getting US troops out of Afghanistan or Iraq anytime soon, he may talk like he will but he wont. Mark my words. He knows the importance and the implications involved with taking an L and leaving. He doesnt want that on his shoulders.

withdrawl timeframe was signed by the Bush admin prior to leaving office...they have been working on that since before Obama was even the democratic candidate.

Tell the men and women who fought or are still fighting, that it was not NEEDED. Or better yet, to someone who lost someone in 9/11.

Those men and women are always needed. The conflict in Iraq wasn't. It has nothing to do with 9-11. I have had friends and family of friends that have spent time over there and I fly my flag proudly. Before you make that comment find out some info first. I said the war in Iraq wasn't needed not the men and women serving our country that were forced to go there. I have a friend about to serve his second tour there. Also Our Invasion in Iraq was based on Weapons of Mass Destruction.......they still haven't showed up, almost six years later. $600 Billion dollars are approximately being spent from beginning to now. Not only the money being spent, but the 5000 lives and countless injuries and deaths realted to the war are priceless. Don't lecture me with your response when it's not applicable to what I said to begin with.

withdrawl timeframe was signed by the Bush admin prior to leaving office...they have been working on that since before Obama was even the democratic candidate.

but it isn't on his shoulders. Tell me, how do we get that W. The L as you call it would be on W's shoulders.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Your exactly right, but the timeframe extends way past Obama's ORIGINAL deadline of just a few months from now. It has been moving back throughout the campaign.

Your exactly right, but the timeframe extends way past Obama's ORIGINAL deadline of just a few months from now. It has been moving back throughout the campaign.

can't make that decision. We will be out of Iraq in due time. I hope sooner than later. I want our military home for a change. I know we have things over seas to take care of, but I hardly think that us being in Iraq longer will do anything other than put off a civil war in that country. All the money being spent there will probably be lost when they start fighting. I hope it doesn't happen, but I believe it's just a matter of time.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
but it isn't on his shoulders. Tell me, how do we get that W. The L as you call it would be on W's shoulders.

We already have the W in Iraq. Ever since the surge we have conquered. My friend is going in as the last Marine core to enter Iraq, he told us his superiors have said they have won and its pretty much over. Democracy is in effect there. Genocide is over.

And as for every analyst I have seen, they all have warned Obama of getting out too soon from mostly Afghanistan. He is the president, we are winning. We start to lose, there has only been one new factor, Obama.

edit: Looks like I was right, Obama is doubling the troops in Afghanistan according to a report today. Iraq is on the 16 month timeline and they will stay the whole time.

Edited by BEAVERTAIL

Guest BEAVERTAIL
I have a friend about to serve his second tour there. Also Our Invasion in Iraq was based on Weapons of Mass Destruction.......they still haven't showed up, almost six years later. $600 Billion dollars are approximately being spent from beginning to now.

Common liberal answers.

First off, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, John Edwards, gosh the whole dang democratic side was wrong about WMD. They all voted for it. The information that came from Iraq saying they had WMD came from Clinton's administration, it wasnt just GWB.

600 billion dollars? Haha pocket change. At least for Democrats, look at the 700 billion bailout that is constantly growing. Has the economy improved? Nope. And Obama wants to spend more last I heard. 800 billion actually. just read it on here... http://www.voanews.com/english/2009-01-22-voa11.cfm

Sorry for the more Abbreviations WVUraiders. lol

Edited by BEAVERTAIL