Snow!

fieldgeneral

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey it's snowing at least a little bit. No rain here. Anyone else seeing any snow? WVURAIDERS should be doing his happy dance.

Snowing in Washington County---started about 1:15. Coming down pretty steady at the moment--ground starting to get a little white.

Life has many choices---eternity has two

Been snowing steadily here in the Claypool Hill/ Richlands Area since about 10am. The ground it completely covered, but it isn't sticking to the cars or the roads. So does anyone know if we still may get the "big" snow they called for last week?

Been snowing steadily here in the Claypool Hill/ Richlands Area since about 10am. The ground it completely covered, but it isn't sticking to the cars or the roads. So does anyone know if we still may get the "big" snow they called for last week?

I wish, there is a winter storm watch

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=WVZ042&warncounty=WVC055&firewxzone=WVZ042&local_place1=Princeton+WV&product1=Winter+Storm+Watch

Edited by fieldgeneral

SVCC is pretty white at the moment, still snowing pretty good at 2:30, but i dont think we'll get a Big snow. There giving an inch today, and a possible 1-3, 2-4, and 3-6 inches tuesday depending on what show your watching, what station your listening too, and where you live. lol. Hope we get something, dont want to go to my math class tommorow.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Never know things can change really fast... The screwed up the Blizzard in 93 if I remember correctly.

Its picking up here in Athens.

Back edge of the snow is moving through Lee County now, we have around an inch here. Depending on how much is left tomorrow, we'll probably add to the totals as a couple of little disturbances (and any upslope snow) may drop down Tuesday and Wednesday and give the area some accumulating snows. Still could end up with a decent snowfall event after all for some.

The low is moving well off to the east. That threat for the major snowstorm lasted about one day, the rest was just watching to see if the models would go back to it, and they didn't. Again, maybe it'll still surprise us, or maybe still wishful thinking, haha ;) Amazing how consistent they were and then the shift so far east. I hope they look into it, I'd like to see what happened (the accuweather guy's claim may have been bogus, but then again?).

Edited by Beamerball

Never know things can change really fast... The screwed up the Blizzard in 93 if I remember correctly.

Its picking up here in Athens.

I can't remember if it was 93 or 98 when they were calling for rain and instead it was ice and like 6-8 inches of snow on top of it.

That was fun to "drive" in.

Coming down pretty hard in Marion.....ground is covered probably an inch already...been snowing for about 2 hours....already gotten more than predicted, we were predicted to get a dusting to a half an inch today...looks like we've already gotten an inch...and still coming down pretty heavy and looks like more coming on the radar...

I can't remember if it was 93 or 98 when they were calling for rain and instead it was ice and like 6-8 inches of snow on top of it.

That was fun to "drive" in.

I think it was 98....back in 82...they called for ONLY rain...went out to bus stop (was in high school at the time)...by the time we got to school, there was already a few inches on the ground...most kids ended up spending the night in the gym at GHS and we ended up with well over a foot of snow...(National Guard got called in to bring food and blankets)...we were out for a week.

G-Man probably remembers that, he was probably a junior at the time..

Winter storm watches up for Lee, Wise, Scott, Washington, and Russell Counties from Tuesday afternoon through late Wed. night.

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=VAZ008&warncounty=VAC191&firewxzone=VAZ600&local_place1=Abingdon+VA&product1=Winter+Storm+Watch

Winter storm warnings up, including Tazewell, Smyth, and Mercer counties from Tuesday afternoon until Thursday morning.

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=VAZ007&warncounty=VAC185&firewxzone=VAZ007&local_place1=North+Tazewell+VA&product1=Winter+Storm+Warning

Charleston NWS ahead of everyone else as usual I see ;)

but still a little snow for today....as posted already bigger stuff comes through on upper air disturbance tomm evening into wednesday....I hope they get the amounts right this time...calling for avg of 3-4 inches with locally higher amounts.....be nice to get up to half a foot....I would consider that a good snow :)....wishful thinking most likely