Snow!

fieldgeneral

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the warning issued by the NWS that they have up on there.

The lake enhanced snows will kick up especially later tonight. These are driven by the daytime heating. We are under a heavy snow squall now. Roads turned completely white in about 2-3 minutes..very heavy snow, white out conditions.

Edited by Beamerball

Guest BEAVERTAIL
they go by maps and generate forcasts by computerized system just listen to ole henderson...snowed in blfd for minute but has stopped once again that lake effect, upper level, sporadic stuff.

but you said this before just a few hours ago!

....corey usually is wrong anyways....

Not trying to pick on you but lets quit being a negative nancy and a silly sally! Have you been corrupted by bad meterology or something? lol

Repeat after me Raiders, LET IT SNOW!

but you said this before just a few hours ago!

Not trying to pick on you but lets quit being a negative nancy and a silly sally! Have you been corrupted by bad meterology or something? Lol

repeat after me raiders, let it snow!

let it snow!!!!!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Maybe you should go back to being a doubter. It just stopped snowing here.

Still coming down here. Roads are in very bad shape. A good number of wrecks reported, traffic backed up a good distance in some places. VDOT having trouble getting through to clear roads because of the number of vehicles that have wrecked and blocking the roads.

Maybe you should go back to being a doubter. It just stopped snowing here.

alrighty i will go back to being doubter....not a widespread snow fall folks only who gets in band of snow....ala lake effect...so most are screwed and will only see and inch or two

buchannon and wise school closed by the way

I got home from work at about 4:15 and it had just started snowing. I left my house at 4:50 to go to my second job and there was about 2.5-3" on my car. I pulled out for what normally is a two minute drive, that turned into a 18 minute drive due to heavy traffic, white-out conditions and roads that you couldn't stand-up on. It was the worst conditions I have ever had to drive in. The roads we not much better on my way home at about 9:30, but there wasn't as much traffic which helped a lot!

It is still snowing off and on here and we already have about 5-6 inches. My mother live over on Clinch Mountain in Belfast/Rosedale and she has over a foot already...but they always have quite a bit more snow up there.

blfd around 1/2 inch or so is it...we had more snow last night than so far tonight....went out on roads...little slick up this way but so far princeton to blufield has been spared really...tazewell county points west seem to be getting hit good. snowing now but nothing to go bonkers about.

maybe an inch in blfd so far, i hope the graham-blfd game tomorrow will not be cancelled, it is not that bad out yet, i hope the county doesnt make a decision based on the western end if it is still not that bad in blfd tomorrow

Just drove in from Tazewell and it is snowing like crazy. I got to Tazewell about 7:15 and the streets were snow covered. When I left at 10:10 there was about 4" in the car, and maybe 6" total. Bluefield looks to have about 4" so far.

It was a fun drive home.

Here is East Bluefield I have gotten about 2-3 inches in the past few hours. It is still coming down pretty hard out there and the roads are completely covered. I go to Concord and based on past experiences with them, I will probably have to make the drive to Athens tomorrow morning. Should make for a fun time...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Its still coming down pretty good here Bogeavs, hope you dont have to make that drive tm. Hopefully they will realize no matter when you come over here the roads will be bad when you come and leave.

While I enjoy this snow, it really isn't much of a snow at all, and it's got lots of people talking about it, it shows how uncommon a good snow is becoming..

tazewell points west got nice amounts we got around 4 inches in blfd area....but i agree not all cracked up to be....quinwood only had 5 inches as of noon..lake effect snow in this area is beginning to be all we get to get a good heavy wet snow we need it too come out of south.

tazewell points west got nice amounts we got around 4 inches in blfd area....but i agree not all cracked up to be....quinwood only had 5 inches as of noon..lake effect snow in this area is beginning to be all we get to get a good heavy wet snow we need it too come out of south.

that's a big thing to consider, when it snows really deep it's mostly a wet snow that comes down in really big flakes hard and piles up really fast, these are simply more constant flurries. But I'm still enjoying this though.