Upset??????

dodirty2012

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping but hard to beat UNC when it is like another home game.

Carolina fans will travel anywhere, anytime to watch their Heels. It was like a Carolina "home" game when the tournament was held in Tampa. It was like a "home" game when the Heels played in Blacksburg with all the Baby Blue in the stands. And I'm surprised Tech didn't win with Lawson not playing and the Hokies needing the victory to get into the NCAAs.

In his first two years at VT, Seth Greenberg's teams were 9-2 in games decided by 3 points or less.

In the last four years, his teams are 12-22 in games decided by 3 points or less...

Good showing by the Hokies I thought. I'm here in Atlanta and haven't seen any highlights of the game yet. What happened in the last 35.2 seconds? From a spectator's perspective, here's my thoughts:

1. We got lucky to get that foul call with about 20 seconds left.

2. Malcolm should have shot the ball instead of passed it with 5 seconds left.

3. J.T. got fouled pretty hardcore.

Is that right at all? Did y'all see any replays/highlights? Get back to me and let me know. I'm on my iPhone, so I'll be able to keep up with what y'all say. Thanks!

If thats the other way around and Hansbourgh they would have called a foul and probably charged the guy with assault, I am not a Carolina fan at all I usually like Tech and Duke but its getting old the ACC wants the finals to be Carolina and Duke every year and the officials are going to do what they have to to make it happen, FSU is getting ripped right now

If thats the other way around and Hansbourgh they would have called a foul and probably charged the guy with assault, I am not a Carolina fan at all I usually like Tech and Duke but its getting old the ACC wants the finals to be Carolina and Duke every year and the officials are going to do what they have to to make it happen, FSU is getting ripped right now

your points and such...However this game did not result in Virginia Tech not making the NCAA tourney....uva, georgia, seton hall, etc....and close games...you have to beat the people you are supposed too and get the wake forest type wins..etc...Once tech does this they will be a worthy ncaa tourney team...however i still believe they are top 40 team but we know how that goes, we don't get the 64 best teams.

that was no jumpball

the video is a better visual than the still pics.

I can see why they called the jump ball. It wasn't that it wasn't a dual posession type of thing, the ball was pinned to the tech player by TH.

They could have let it go, but his was clearly on the ball and not just a slap.

I say no call and let the play happen.

I think Ozzie Guillen did it best:

http://cache.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/10.2_Ozzie_choke_BDD.jpg

Come on, Hokies. That game was more ripe for the picking than an ACC Tournament game should ever, EVER be. Lawson not playing, for one. Tech shooting above 40%, for two. Carolina not cracking 80, for three. Having the lead with under a minute to go, for four. That's got to be a frustrating, disgusting loss.

And that locks up the NIT, IMO. I have no idea how prognosticators think Tech's on the bubble right now. 18-14 teams with 2 sub-100 RPI losses, with a best OOC win of Fairfield, and going something like 4-8/3-9 (I don't know offhand) in the final 12 games do not make the NCAA Tournament. I don't care if the bubble is as deflated as a pancake.

And that "jump ball" call should've been a no call. No foul, Hokies. No jump ball, Tar Heels. Just a plain no-call.

Here's a sequence of photos involving the jumpball in the final seconds.

So, Hansbrough, more or less, went through Thompson, almost tackling him in the process, and the officials called "held ball"...got to love having ALL the ACC officials in your pocket...PATHETIC...

And not only that, Hansbrough had only ONE foul called against him yesterday...ARE YOU SERIOUS???? As physical of a player as he is, he should get ONE frickin' foul called on him just for stepping on the court. Unbelievable!!! Thank you ACC officials!!!

UNC...one player with three fouls. VT...three players with three or more fouls...Allen (who fouled out), ADV, and Thompson. No wonder UNC wins, the officials limit the amount of time the other team's "big guns" are on the floor...GREAT JOB, REFS!!!

Guest JJBrickface

I agree, its ridiculous that guys like Hansbrough get away with murder just because of their name. They get it exposed in the NBA though because they don't get those calls.

Guest JJBrickface
The same could be said of Tech basketball fans. Most schools have that one sport that their fans clamor to watch and attend games. Obviously, Carolina's sport is basketball and Tech's sport is football.

Not trying to brag or anything but Mountaineer fans seem to travel very well for football and basketball.

Doug Doughty from the Roanoke Times said yesterday "In a word ACC officiating is pathetic."

98% of the time I have watched a defensive player reach for the ball from an offensive player near the goal from the back side of the offensive player, the defensive player gets whistled for a foul. In the times I've seen Tyler play, he gets away with more contact then Michael Jordan would get away with.

Quote from Malcolm Delaney in the Roanoke Times...

"Hansbrough is very aggressive," Delaney said. "Jeff played aggressive and he got fouls. J.T. played aggressive and J.T. got fouls. Cheick [Diakite] played aggressive, Cheick got fouls. They can't bump him. ... They've got to sit behind him and hope that he misses a shot."

Guest JJBrickface

Something has to be changed. It shouldn't matter what team you play for, what your name is, or what year you are. A foul is a foul, plain and simple. A ful that is called in the first ten minutes of a game should also be called in the final ten seconds of the game. Why? Because a foul is a foul!

your points and such...However this game did not result in Virginia Tech not making the NCAA tourney....uva, georgia, seton hall, etc....and close games...you have to beat the people you are supposed too and get the wake forest type wins..etc...Once tech does this they will be a worthy ncaa tourney team...however i still believe they are top 40 team but we know how that goes, we don't get the 64 best teams.

Oh yeah Tech blew their shot in the NCAAs the same they do every year by losing those early out of conference games (Xavier, GA, Seton Hall, Wisconsin by a total of 8 points)and losing to weaker conference games (UVA, Maryland) another problem is they got 4 ranked teams (Duke, Clemson, NC and FSU) twice each but only got one game against GATech and Miami. It just kills me to watch the excitment in some of the other conferences when an underdog gets into the finals wins knowing that the ACC officials will do everything they can to make sure that doesnt happen in our conference