Braves

bogeavs

Both were foul balls. Even so, they counted as two errors. Anderson was not a smart pickup by the Braves.

Of course they counted as errors, and I agree that he was a poor pick-up for the Braves. I didn't catch any of the game, so I was just wondering if either of his two errors lead to any of the runs scored.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back earlier from the first two games of the series in Cincinnati. Hitting struggled Friday night, but it was the exact opposite today. I had a great time watching both Escobar and Chipper go deep today. Lowe looked great on the mound today and was in control his whole time on the mound. I know they are playing the Reds, but I don't think there is a hotter or more confident team and fanbase in the league right now more so than Cincinnati. Once we get the ship righted with injuries, my biased prediction has Atlanta in the hunt for October throughout the summer.

On a side note:

I got there early today to watch the teams take batting practice and wound up down on the first row by the Braves dugout. Matt Diaz came through signing some autographs and at the last second I stuck my (Reds) ticket stub out there for him to sign it. He signed his name and also wrote "Phil 1:6" beside his number 23. I had a good idea of the message but I didn't know the verse right off the top of my head, so as soon as I got home I looked it up.

"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6.

I knew Jeff Francouer openly displayed his faith, but Matt Diaz caught me off guard. Why? I don't know, I just wasn't expecting that. Though, I do know that these player's showmanship speaks volumes for the Braves organization and they are clearly spreading God's word across the country with every autograph they sign. I am positive that they are touching more people through a game of baseball than they would ever imagine.

But anyways, just figured I would share that small story. Sorry for the rant.

That's awesome Hokie07, glad you had a good time

CrashDavis and myself are heading to Cincy to watch the braves play june 18th or so.

Hopefully we can get some autographs as well.

I had a great time. I'm burnt to a crisp, but it was definitely worth it. It was a good break to relax before finals start up here soon.

I'm trying to go back that week too so let me know if you all are seriously down. I'm almost positive I can get us tickets and/or a place to stay for FREE.

The Saturday game with the White Sox is the Civil Rights game I believe...President Obama has been requested to throw out the first pitch and Bill Cosby, Frank Robinson, Hank Aaron and maybe another will be honored at the Reds HOF by MLB and will also be part of the festivities at GABP.

On a side note:

I got there early today to watch the teams take batting practice and wound up down on the first row by the Braves dugout. Matt Diaz came through signing some autographs and at the last second I stuck my (Reds) ticket stub out there for him to sign it. He signed his name and also wrote "Phil 1:6" beside his number 23. I had a good idea of the message but I didn't know the verse right off the top of my head, so as soon as I got home I looked it up.

"For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6.

I knew Jeff Francouer openly displayed his faith, but Matt Diaz caught me off guard. Why? I don't know, I just wasn't expecting that. Though, I do know that these player's showmanship speaks volumes for the Braves organization and they are clearly spreading God's word across the country with every autograph they sign. I am positive that they are touching more people through a game of baseball than they would ever imagine.

But anyways, just figured I would share that small story.

This article was in the AJC the other day about "Matty".....

http://www.ajc.com/braves/content/sports/braves/stories/2009/04/23/jordan_schafer_news.html

Also, Matt's bro., Jonny is a Christian artist that opened for MercyME on "Faith Night" at Turner Field.

http://www.ccmmagazine.com/news/headlines/11551729/

Following is one of Jonny's songs:

This article was in the AJC the other day about "Matty".....

http://www.ajc.com/braves/content/sports/braves/stories/2009/04/23/jordan_schafer_news.html

Also, Matt's bro., Jonny is a Christian artist that opened for MercyME on "Faith Night" at Turner Field.

http://www.ccmmagazine.com/news/headlines/11551729/

Following is one of Jonny's songs:

Thanks for posting those! I listened to a few of Jonny Diaz's songs and I was impressed.