Braves

bogeavs

The storms and tornado warnings were swirling all around the city of ATL.....the inner city and ballpark were like a donut.... surrounded and not touched by anything until the 4th inning.

Heard the sirens going off and took cover in an interior room around 7:40 w/pillows over the head.I really thought the roof was coming off....the creaking sounds and noises were so loud....and..... I was praying. In the years I've lived here....never been through a heart racing moment as that. We got hit w/2 rounds of it but the threat is diminishing now except for the rains.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamecast says the game is still going on.

Tied 5-5 in the bottom of the 9th with 2 on and 1 out. Let's pull it out!

Edit: Francoeur and Diaz both fly out and this one is going into extras.

Edit (2): Kelly Johnson GW single, driving Jordan Shafer in from 2nd.

Edited by hokie07

Marlins got beat by the Mets....

Marlins and Bravos tied for 1st in the NL EAST.

Kawakami looked good, his stuff looked really nasty. Kelly Johnson was a triple shy of a cycle and escobar and schaffer had a amazing games as well!

Jurrjens pitches today against the Nats Olsen. Unlike yesterday, we have gotten our runs early in the game and just held the other team off. I think the same thing will happen today. I see McCann hitting a HR, possibly somebody else

Lets go Bravos!

through the first week in the season, the Braves are second in the majors in doubles, homeruns, extra base hits, slugging percentage and OPS. They rank third in fewest AB/HR.

The Blue Jays are slightly ahead of us in some of those categories and they are the only team to have played six games already.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?sort=&split=0&group=9&season=2009&seasonType=2&statType=batting&type=reg

through the first week in the season, the Braves are second in the majors in doubles, homeruns, extra base hits, slugging percentage and OPS. They rank third in fewest AB/HR.

The Blue Jays are slightly ahead of us in some of those categories and they are the only team to have played six games already.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggregate?sort=&split=0&group=9&season=2009&seasonType=2&statType=batting&type=reg

Hopefully we can continue doing what we are doing and keep our pitching staff healthy and maybe pick up a bullpen guy

Braves sweep the Nats. They play against the Marlins starting tuesday

No homeruns in this game for the first time this season, but when we got runners on, we brought them home. Escobar had a very nice game. Jurrjens did a pretty good pitching job as well and Soriano closed it out very nicely

5-1!

Good news from AAA pitching continues.

excerpt:

"Charlie Morton struggled at times after being called up to Atlanta last season, going 4-8 with a 6.15 ERA in 16 games. But the Gwinnett right-hander showed Sunday why he still could have a bright major league future.

Morton struck out 12 and allowed just one hit over six innings as the G-Braves defeated Charlotte 4-3 and won their first International League series at Knights Stadium in Fort Mill, S.C."

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/main.asp?SectionID=6&SubSectionID=84&ArticleID=58478

AJC storyline....."Whatever happened to".................

excerpt:

"Gene Garber lives on a farm a mile from the one where he grew up in Lancaster County, Pa. As he likes to say, he hasn’t gotten very far in life.

That might be true. Unless you consider that in between those stops, Garber pitched in 931 major-league games, 17th-most in history, saved 141 games for the Braves, second-most in franchise history behind John Smoltz, and snapped a fairly well-known hitting streak at 44 games by a guy named Pete Rose."

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/braves/stories//2009/04/13/whatever_happened_gene_garber.html?imw=Y

In the matchup of my two favorite teams, I'm glad the Marlins took this one. One, I'm a huge Volstad fan. Loved the guy when he was in high school, love him now. Two, it's the sixth year...another trip to the Series is soon.