the latest from the right...

Lance

Opinions aren't right or wrong. Of course you think I'm wrong because it doesn't fit your agenda. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I disagree and why. You have a hard time doing that.

I could say that I am right because I'm thinking of the best thing for our society. I never said anything should be trampled. I just think that the high powered weapons could be a little more regulated. To me it's no more than regulating anything else that is considered dangerous. Why are some of those things not in the Constitution? They were not around at that time or probably would be too. I think the constitution is the "law of the land, " but times change. We shouldn't look at changing it, but amending it and for safety purposes. If you feel that gang murders and mass murders are "convenient" go for it, it would be pretty sad.

That's because sports for example are often matters of opinion, the constitution and what it implies simply isn't.

You are the only person with an agenda regarding the 2nd, myself and those on my side are only minding our business.

They are regulated more than enough considering .........."criminals don't go by regulations", more regulations only regulate the law abiding citizens, bans in other countries only disarmed the good law abiding citizens, the criminals had as many guns as ever and crime increased dramatically in those countries......... a concept I've never known liberals to be able to comprehend.

It doesn't matter if semi auto weapons were around when the constitution was written or not, the 2ns wasn't about the weapons themselves, it's about Americans having the God given right to protect themselves and their families "without whatever weapons they had to have", and to be able to prevent government tyranny, with whatever weapons they had to use.

But I've already written that before.

You talk about the need to change with the times, perhaps you should consider "what the 2nd is about and intends", and consider that perhaps it's a guaranteed freedom that Americans have that should advance to keep up with "what the criminals have" and "what the government has".

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact of the matter is though many liberal agendas simply aren't moral or in line with the teachings of God, and this is supposed to be a Christian country, whether or not the present administration agrees.

QUOTE]

I'm assuming you are referring to Obama saying this is no longer just a Christian nation.

I agree that our country was founded on christian values. However those people that made up the colonies were of many different belief systems within christianity. The New England colonists were trying to avoid religious persecution from the Church of England.

The Indians that were here prior to any christian person were of a different belief system. The slaves that were brought here were of a different belief system. There are numerous belief systems or religions these days inside of our country and we've welcomed them all as we referred to us as a melting pot for years. That being said, we have always been more than just a christian nation. To me, Obama was simply making that known that he recognizes that. It was a brave comment in my opinion because certain groups will jump all over it. But anyway, christian or not, we are a mixed pot. I for one think it's a great thing, that we can learn from one another and experience each culture.

Actually the president was doing his best to make islamic people like America, through mere words. It was a cowardly effort to attempt to present America as something it isn't to appease islamic countries. Not that that would be successful, terrorists within them know their enemy and who they hate. He was only denying the very country he's president of.

President Obama's approach to foreign policy is much like a guy named NEVILLE CHAMBERLAIN, who once came back from a meeting with Hitler and said "we have come back to Downing Street with victory, with peace for our time!"

He practiced appeasement and you see where it got Britain.

Funny thing however is that at the same time Winston Churchill who was a member of parliament said, "You chose dishonor and you will have war."

How true were those words............

That's because sports for example are often matters of opinion, the constitution and what it implies simply isn't.

You are the only person with an agenda regarding the 2nd, myself and those on my side are only minding our business.

They are regulated more than enough considering .........."criminals don't go by regulations", more regulations only regulate the law abiding citizens, bans in other countries only disarmed the good law abiding citizens, the criminals had as many guns as ever and crime increased dramatically in those countries......... a concept I've never known liberals to be able to comprehend.

It doesn't matter if semi auto weapons were around when the constitution was written or not, the 2ns wasn't about the weapons themselves, it's about Americans having the God given right to protect themselves and their families "without whatever weapons they had to have", and to be able to prevent government tyranny, with whatever weapons they had to use.

But I've already written that before.

You talk about the need to change with the times, perhaps you should consider "what the 2nd is about and intends", and consider that perhaps it's a guaranteed freedom that Americans have that should advance to keep up with "what the criminals have" and "what the government has".

I still think that there is more that can be done. I completely understand your point and agree that the right shouldn't be taken away. However, we've got to keep an open mind to what the effort is. I feel that the effort is to keep the wrong guns out of the hands of kids and criminals. Some have argued that these weapons are very scarce. Then why does it matter if a high powered automatic weapon is banned or limited. I know it's about not losing a right that you feel is yours and not anyone's to take. I really do get that.

I know more should be done about crime I agree, in my opinion 1 of the biggest things to start with is making the sentences much longer for criminals who commit violent crimes and they should quit releasing inmates so early from the sentences they do have.

looks like Obama is after your gas guzzlers more than your guns....lol.

btw - gas gouging for the summer is in full swing.

I've been doing my best to ignore the government seize of the industry.. They'll get my jeep when they pry it from of my cold dead hands.

You might be correct about the gas, although commonly I realize much of it is simply supply and demand, considering the cost of a barrel in recent months I wouldn't doubt they're scanning the world for any excuse to increase the costs. If they do so this summer I'll be walking a lot and driving hardly at all. Or perhaps I'll buy a cheap wal mart type of mountain bike. With some really hard times financially looming, I simply won't put but so much into gas.

I could be very wrong about this, but don't the gas companies use a different mixture in the summer than in the winter? I know it seems like every year they make a switchover this time of year and the prices rise. Now that could be a convienent excuse to raise prices, I don't know....but it seems like I've heard this reported a number of times in the past.

I could be very wrong about this, but don't the gas companies use a different mixture in the summer than in the winter? I know it seems like every year they make a switchover this time of year and the prices rise. Now that could be a convienent excuse to raise prices, I don't know....but it seems like I've heard this reported a number of times in the past.

The switchover was made in early April....

Ok, thanks GMan. I didn't know when it occured, I for some reason always associated it with being around Memorial day. My bad.

No, that annual increase is associated with price gouging prior to a holiday weekend and the beginning of summer...