Scrimmages

dodgerwv

Well my question got answered in the Va. Mountaineer today, they will now be playing any downs aganist Hurley as of now. They will be switching out between S. Floyd and East Ridge. Kind of dumb I think since there playing East Ridge in the regular season, sadly I think its because there afraid Hurley would run over them and they don't want anybody making fun of them worse than they are now.

Sam Raines, you need to keep your mouth shut about things you have no clue about, and pay more attention to your 130 golf scores and 120 baseball batting average.

If it has a WV team in it, it can't be before Sat. 15th.

Plans were altered. RCs original scrimmage opponent who had backed out on them, decided to go ahead with it on Monday, so now they are heading to Tennessee for a scrimmage.

Bluefield christiansburg squared off and had a decent crowd.

The format was as it was at the scrimmages at mitchell stadium with squads on either side 50 yard line. The jv scrimmaging in the north scoreboard end and the varsity scrimmaging in the south end of the field, something like 10 or 15 plays of o for each regardless of fumbles, ect.,

I didn't watch the jv closely but christiansburg's jv seemed to move the ball well against bluefield's jv, and scored a few times, not certain if bluefield's jv scored or not.

On the other side the varisty teams seemed to be very even overall after being on o and d 2 times each with each scoring on their 2nd series.

Bluefield's d seemed to be slightly stronger in the 1st series, which was controlled by the d of each team.

Then there was an hour of more jv action with a few starters here and there before a more game style scrimmage between the varsity teams using all of the field. In "my opinion" bluefield bested christiansburg throughout the quarter and a 1/2 I watched, their d being considerably strong. Although I'm editing this to write that christiansburg did have a drive for a score on their 1st or 2nd series,.

They had scored 2 or 3 times on o, some long plays, fumbled on the 1 yard line on another, and had the ball after a christiansburg punt out of their endzone on a short field when I left. Had maybe 10 minutes remaining so not certain how they finished after that.

Bluefield's d seems to be much better physically than '08, lots to work on though particularly against the misdirection type of plays. They have a few very formidable players on d, particularly lilly as expected and # 52 keith ferguson if that's who that was, and # 28 seems to be a very physical player in the db especially for his size, ran the ball well for the jv team as well.

On o, obviously patterson is going to have to be contained, and beckett will obviously be carrying the ball a lot from his qb position. They have a lot more work with execution on o, and to be honest their rb's could use a lot of teaching at the fundamentals of actually running the ball when they meet tacklers and could use more n to s running, that can be said of lots of rb's nowadays.

I felt better about bluefield after their game style scrimmage than after their initial scrimmage...

Christiansburg seems to be well coached and have some good players, a very talented punter, and overall a respectable team, what they seemed to really lack was a spark type of player on o.

Only my opinions.

Obviously all of the regions teams have a lot of work to do and should be a lot better only 2 weeks from now.

Edited by buzzsawBeaver

Hurleys scrimmage with Twin Springs has been moved to Saturday at 6pm at Hurley. Twin springs had a kid that passed away this week and they could not make it on friday.

how did hurley look saturday? i know they should be pretty good this year.

Plans were altered. RCs original scrimmage opponent who had backed out on them, decided to go ahead with it on Monday, so now they are heading to Tennessee for a scrimmage.

What time and where Monday?

Rogersville is where... don't know when. School is on the 4-lane on the right.

Best way, take 81 out of Abingdon going toward Knoxville, take Exit 30 going right on route 70 following signs to Rogersville, bout 15 miles of two lane coming to a T intersection

Cherokee school will be right in front of you. Right at intersection takes you downtown and back to 11 on other side of town.

you're right... I was thinking about Volunteer.

I'd still rather go 19 thru Kingsport, though.

Fish there a bunch, them lights in Kingsport get old after many visits.

Actually they have a weather station at the school that gathers temps, barometer pressure,etc which I track online.

Hearing Hurley's scrimmaging @ W'son Fri. instead of ER, and ER's moved Teco to Sat.

The only team they would get to play was East Ridge and they play them in regular season. There was no point in going to East Ridge if they could not play Grundy or Powell county.

East Ridge messed all the scheduling up!