Can someone check on this kid?

Bluefield_Rules

From the BDT this morning:

“We were very confident, I think if we went up against them on a better night we could take them,” Michel said. “We did want it, all 15 of us (seniors) wanted it, but it just didn’t go our way.”

Take them? Where, out to dinner? I mean seriously how delusional can you be? I believe Jake Lilly hit him a little too hard one too many times. Such comments after being physically and mentally whipped are comical to me. Sounds like the Michigan St. bunch before the rematch with Carolina in the national title game back in April.

Edited by Bluefield_Rules

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both programs have a rich and proud tradition......but if they played 10 times this year......bluefield would win all 10............it is hard to beat a team that probably has 7 or 8 players better than your best player.

I read that too and was like: "What the hell???"

Maybe he was misquoted....remember it was in the Daily Telegraph, the same paper that had Coach Gainer accepting a proclamation from the Mayor of Bluefield when the poor man has been dead for over nine years now.

Both statements have just about the same degree of accuracy if you ask me.

from what i hear graham might have the worst team around..but they usual turn things around mid season..are they really that bad?

i think so

they might win 1 game, very slim on winning 2

they might beat grundy but i though that was goin to happen last year until grundy whooped up on graham

it might be 0 games this year though

i think so

they might win 1 game, very slim on winning 2

they might beat grundy but i though that was goin to happen last year until grundy whooped up on graham

it might be 0 games this year though

Graham could have a better result against the slower, less athletic teams on their schedule. Bluefield simply had too much speed and athletic ability for Graham to contend with. I don't know Graham's complete schedule, so I won't put a number on total wins, but they'll win some games. Marrs will cause problems for teams that cannot put a rush on him. They need to find someone, anyone with speed to tote the football out of the backfield. The young kid, #16, has some speed, but just doesn't appear to be physical enough yet.

From the BDT this morning:

“We were very confident, I think if we went up against them on a better night we could take them,†Michel said. “We did want it, all 15 of us (seniors) wanted it, but it just didn’t go our way.â€

Take them? Where, out to dinner? I mean seriously how delusional can you be? I believe Jake Lilly hit him a little too hard one too many times. Such comments after being physically and mentally whipped are comical to me. Sounds like the Michigan St. bunch before the rematch with Carolina in the national title game back in April.

On a better night.......I would've won that mega million last night.....lol

They need to find someone, anyone with speed to tote the football out of the backfield.

it definitly hurt them when dominique lane and kyle harris left

i heard dom is goin to charleston and playin but idk about kyle, any1 heard about him?

From what I've heard Dom is living in Charleston but not playing any football...I've also heard Kyle is at Blfd but can't play football. Not sure if this is real accurate re Kyle Harris.

WEll Howdy HillBilly..... Thats fun I LMAO this morning as a really good friend and a former Gainer player pointed that out.... It has to be a miracle even for a great man such as Coach Gainer to arrive at the packed house and witness last nights game...

Please explain where it says that in the story on Gainer. I'd like to know.

Maybe he was misquoted....remember it was in the Daily Telegraph, the same paper that had Coach Gainer accepting a proclamation from the Mayor of Bluefield when the poor man has been dead for over nine years now.

Both statements have just about the same degree of accuracy if you ask me.

Never mind. I just saw that in the cutline of a picture. How dumb is that?

Welcome to the peanut gallery...the 50/50 hindsight crew...armchair QB central....etc etc etc...we have all kinds here.

In all honestly, I love his spirit. That shows that he has not lost faith in his team. He still has a good attitude which is hard to come by with high school/college players now after losing games/rivalries. I hope everyone on Graham's team has that same attitude because then they won't just lay down for anyone. I love his attitude. Who are you all to come on here and bad mouth a HIGH SCHOOLER for having faith in his team and teammates. Even if they aren't as good as Bluefield, who cares? He has the best attitude out of any high schooler I have seen in a long time. I would love to have players like that if I were a coach.

I'm on the same page as beano. In your minds' explain what was the kid supposed to say? The kid has dedication and I respect that. Any team can be beaten on any given day, why is it so unrealistic to believe that they could have won? The better team won the game, but everybody knows that stranger things have happened. You definetely shouldn't knock the guy's attitude.

The last two posts reflect exactly what I was thinking. These are high school kids. Some of you treat them like they are supposed to be as mature with the media as NFL players. Cut these youngsters a little slack, they're still learning the ropes in life. To have some of these comments about teenagers posted on the internet for the whole world to see is disgraceful, and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Edited by blueinbama

Ditto that. Don't ever count Graham out. Their heart and hustle will take them a long way....and I don't mean just on the football field. Would be an interesting study to see how many Graham athletes complete college or trades successfully vs bluefield athletes. There is a lot more that comes off the field than Wins and Losses.

Get off the high horse folks. Had the situation been reserved with a Bluefield player making such comments after Graham whipped them, like in 2001, you all would have been all over him. The kid has spirit, but is delusional if he honestly believes Graham could beat Bluefield this season. I don't care if he's a "kid" or not, if you make such comments to the media then you're going to get called out. Make them all you want to teammates, family, and friends, but once they go public it's a different story. So I'm sorry if I should feel ashamed because I don't.

The kid has spirit, but is delusional if he honestly believes Graham could beat Bluefield this season.

The reality is Graham may not beat anyone this season...

So what if Graham can't beat Blfd, or anyone else this year....let's keep bashing the kids and let's keep putting them down along with the band and every other sport at Graham...hell...they should just close the school because there is no talent or coaching or anything at Graham worth supporting....geesh. It's only high school football. Way to bash a kid for trying to be a team leader and show his teammates that he's not quitting, even if it was a public comment. I'm through with this board.