Boo Hoo-Bama Rolls Tech

Deleted Account

what about the 15 yarder on bama after the kickoff late in the game that gave tech the ball around the 30?

or when it was 3rd down and bama got a pass interference call that kept tech's drive going, leading to a TD.

and when mcclain got two 15 yarders in one play, givin tech the ball inside the 5?

bad calls for both teams, but i think they evened each other out. although most of alabama's pentalties ended up in tech scores.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alabama got some home cooking from the SEC officials. Coach Beamer said who would play again in Chick Filet bowl, if invited but with neutral officials.

Alabama 10 penalties for 83 yards.

Tech 6 penalties for 45 yards.

Almost double the penalty yardage doesn't seem like "home cooking" to me.

what about the 15 yarder on bama after the kickoff late in the game that gave tech the ball around the 30?

or when it was 3rd down and bama got a pass interference call that kept tech's drive going, leading to a TD.

and when mcclain got two 15 yarders in one play, givin tech the ball inside the 5?

bad calls for both teams, but i think they evened each other out. although most of alabama's pentalties ended up in tech scores.

The video replay showed McClain slapping Sergio Render up side the head after the whistle and then try to shove an official out of the way to get to Render again.

I guess the "SEC" crew limited VT to 91 passing yards also. Come on guys, you played a very good a game against a very good team. You had the heart, just not the offense. You're defense was worn out. VT's defense will keep them in every ball game, but they've got to get something going on offense.

I agree VT played hard and gave great effort, but couldn't limit the mistakes. In the end the mistakes killed them, but only by ten points.

My only grip about the officials was that McCain should have been thrown out of the game for touching the official.

The video replay showed McClain slapping Sergio Render up side the head after the whistle and then try to shove an official out of the way to get to Render again.

didn't say it was right, just that it gave tech the ball inside the 5. it was a mental mistake, just as most penalties are. that's why complaining about them is useless.

I guess the "SEC" crew limited VT to 91 passing yards also. Come on guys, you played a very good a game against a very good team. You had the heart, just not the offense. You're defense was worn out. VT's defense will keep them in every ball game, but they've got to get something going on offense.

Exactly. Sorry to say it, but we weren't supposed to win that game... and we didn't. Let's focus on Marshall, shall we?

Doesn't this happen in practically every football game at every level? Penalties almost always seem unfair to the team that is penalized. GMan was right...that was a blown interference call...but EH 31 is also right about the blown 15 yarder that put the ball on the Bama 30 for the Hokies, and the penalties were also a little skewed in favor of the Hokies:

Alabama 10 for 83 yards.

Tech 6 for 45 yards.

This game was way too good for it to be deminished by blaming it on the officials or making excuses. It's over, it was a great game and neither team has to hang their head.

Edited by blueinbama

While we're at it...what about the horrible late hit/roughing the passer penalty on Jake Johnson when he hit the QB while they were both in bounds and momentum took them out of bounds. Johnson let go of the QB who rolled over top of him with the momentum and the Ref's flagged Johnson for roughing. THAT was a bad call.

While we're at it...what about the horrible late hit/roughing the passer penalty on Jake Johnson when he hit the QB while they were both in bounds and momentum took them out of bounds. Johnson let go of the QB who rolled over top of him with the momentum and the Ref's flagged Johnson for roughing. THAT was a bad call.

That's the one I was referring to.