Boo Hoo-Bama Rolls Tech

Deleted Account

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Tech had a fairly good game.

They missed a bunch of tackles but Tyrod did well passing the ball.

The only reason we stayed in that game was b/c Beamer ball. Thats the beauty of being watching the Hokies. You never know what your gonna get.

In the end, Bama gashed Tech's defense. The offense faced a stout defense that kept them in check. Kudos to Bama's secondary, Taylor had time to throw, but no one open.

I still think Tech will be ok. I just sure would hate to be in the film room with Foster and the D.

tyrod passed for like 91 yards...thats not 2 good in my opinion

not stat wise but he looked good in the pocket. he had some accurate passes

91 yards is awful but he looked calm in the pocket and 01 yds is better than it has been

not stat wise but he looked good in the pocket. he had some accurate passes

91 yards is awful but he looked calm in the pocket and 01 yds is better than it has been

ok just misunderstood where u were comin from...vt will be ok

i'm goin with Ga Tech for the acc title...been a long time since i've seen vt's defense get carved up like that

The only reason the D got carved up like that is because they were on the field MOST of the game...Stinespring's offense couldn't not mount a drive that could take time off the clock. I don't care who you are playing, but especially a team like Alabama, if your defense is on the field for over 37 minutes of a 60 minute game, you're going to get carved up eventually...

Three things were THE difference in the game...the fumble on the punt return, the fumble on the kick-off (those two led to 10 pts.) and Kam Chancellor's lack of effort all night long...

The only reason the D got carved up like that is because they were on the field MOST of the game...Stinespring's offense couldn't not mount a drive that could take time off the clock. I don't care who you are playing, but especially a team like Alabama, if your defense is on the field for over 37 minutes of a 60 minute game, you're going to get carved up eventually...

My thoughts exactly. We would compete for a National Title if it weren't for Stinespring. Same old crap. Bud Foster was looking pretty disgusted a couple times on the sideline when the "O" came dragging of the field. Something has got to give. We have more offensive talent than what it appears. Defense did a great job, just can't leave them out there that long with no help from the offense.

Three things were THE difference in the game...the fumble on the punt return, the fumble on the kick-off (those two led to 10 pts.) and Kam Chancellor's lack of effort all night long...

Yep, I alluded to it earlier. Exactly what I'm thinking. But why can't we get our passing game going??? I thought about it last night, and I figured it was one of three things, or a combination of them. 1.) The play calling does have routes designed well enough for receivers to get open, 2.) Our receivers are not executing their routes well enough, or 3.) Tyrod just misses the chance to throw when the receivers are open.

But 91 passing yards? That's gotta change, simply for the sanity of the fan's sake.

My thoughts exactly. We would compete for a National Title if it weren't for Stinespring. Same old crap. Bud Foster was looking pretty disgusted a couple times on the sideline when the "O" came dragging of the field. Something has got to give. We have more offensive talent than what it appears. Defense did a great job, just can't leave them out there that long with no help from the offense.

I'm amazed VT has held on to Bud Foster this long. He's built quite a reputation for himself as a defensive guru. Enjoy him while you can, because the time is coming that he is going to receive an offer he cant refuse.

Guest JJBrickface

It doesn't help when Beamer is relying on Tyrod Taylor to be a pocket QB.

I thought both teams showed a lot of heart last night coming back from adversity. There was no quit in either team, and the Hokies are going to be ok. Bama's defense was relentless, and I know I'm biased, but I think the Tide defense is among the top defenses in the country...and I think Tech's defense is right up there too. GMan is spot on by saying no defense can survive being on the field as much as the VT defense was last night...they were worn out by game's end because they were on the field so long. VT's offense does need some work, but I think Bama's defense had a lot to do with how the Hokie offense performed. We'll see how it all works out down the road, but I expect the Hokies to win the ACC and still be in a BCS bowl game. It's only one loss, and it was to the #5 team in the country, and by no means anything to hang your head about. Tech played hard until the final gun. I'll be pulling for the Hokies as my #2 team for the rest of the year, like I always do. Born in Birmingham, Al. and raised in Saltville and Richlands, I can't help but have a lot of Hokie blood running through my veins.

Once again, Tech's offense didn't show up. They again, terribly let down a wonderful defense that by the 4th quarter was dead tired from being on the field the entire night. All the offensive talent and experience in the world doesn't matter if you have an dumb*** calling the plays. You cannot call the same four or five predictable plays against a team like 'Bama. But, Tech's offense is still young and inexperienced right? :rolleyes:

Edited by Bluefield_Rules

Three things were THE difference in the game...the fumble on the punt return, the fumble on the kick-off (those two led to 10 pts.) and Kam Chancellor's lack of effort all night long...[/quote

Alabama had just as much mistakes in the game, if not more. They threw a pick deep in their territory that led to a tech score. They fumbled near the red zone when upchurch was stripped. They missed a field goal that wouldve have them the lead. They have up a KR touchdown. And another one to the 50..plus a late hit call to around the 30. And McClain have them first and goal.

Other than the fumbleryan Williams was a bright spot. Tech's line still can't block.

Atleast they stopped Julio..they couldn't stop anyone else though.

Three things were THE difference in the game...the fumble on the punt return, the fumble on the kick-off (those two led to 10 pts.) and Kam Chancellor's lack of effort all night long...[/quote

Alabama had just as much mistakes in the game, if not more. They threw a pick deep in their territory that led to a tech score. They fumbled near the red zone when upchurch was stripped. They missed a field goal that wouldve have them the lead. They have up a KR touchdown. And another one to the 50..plus a late hit call to around the 30. And McClain have them first and goal.

Other than the fumbleryan Williams was a bright spot. Tech's line still can't block.

Atleast they stopped Julio..they couldn't stop anyone else though.

I didn't watch a whole lot of the game, but giving up 34 points to Bama is not a good showing. I know some have said if they get by bama, given their schedule, they could run the table, but bama isn't the top sec school either. A lot of teams didn't perform up to par Saturday.

I didn't watch a whole lot of the game, but giving up 34 points to Bama is not a good showing. I know some have said if they get by bama, given their schedule, they could run the table, but bama isn't the top sec school either. A lot of teams didn't perform up to par Saturday.

If Bama isn't the top SEC school, then I only see one who might be considered better than Bama at this juncture...and that would be Florida. I don't think you can dismiss a team that gained almost 500 yards on a very good VT defense. I know I'm being a homer here, but I think you're selling Alabama short. Tech was ahead 17-16 going into the fourth quarter against a top 5 team...I don't think that's a bad showing at all. The Hokies are going to be fine. They just played against one of the best defenses in the country, and came up a little short. There was no quit in Va. Tech Saturday night. Give credit where credit is due.

Adding on to blueinbama's post:

Alabama is the second best football team in the SEC. Now, if that is a close or distant second, I don't know, but I say its a lot closer than it is distant. Nick Saban has a top-5 team in the country right now, and with the talent he is bringing in every year, it should stay like that for a while. Alabama exploited a very, very tired Virginia Tech defense late in the game and did what they needed to do to shut the door. 18 points in the 4th quarter is a great example taking advantage of a worn out defense who has been on the field for well over half the game.

You can't say too much if you didn't watch the game. Stats are deceiving.

incompetent, putrid, inept, and flat out embarrassing. Bama has a great defense no doubt, but not one team they played last year had fewer yards than VT last night and I doubt one will this year either. I've run out of adjectives to describe how bad this offense is, but it is what it is as long as those who call the shots are still employed in Blacksburg.

The defense didn't have a great game either (and they were on the field for most of the game), but even early on Bama did convert some 3rd and long plays. The defense has had some breakdowns early season before (heck, think back to last year vs. ECU and the D had trouble tackling and in pass coverage), but you know Bud will get it fixed. Who here can raise their hand and say "I know Frank n' Stine will get the O fixed?" I doubt I see any hands raised. As Tucker reported in his blog, take out the two long plays by Williams and the VT O averaged about 1.6 yards per play. Can't you average that if you do nothing but QB sneaks EVERY play?