Beavers Update

Bulldogs52

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BADMOVE, your recruit comment is indeed a 'bad move' if you dont like who plays for the Beavers, perhaps you can pick another thread to hide in.

Tom, if you don't like my comments don't read them.....be nice to see a kid who actually lives in Bluefield take snaps from center, that hasn't happened for a while.

Tom, if you don't like my comments don't read them.....be nice to see a kid who actually lives in Bluefield take snaps from center, that hasn't happened for a while.

Its not about where people are from it is about how good they are and Levi is the better QB even if he is from Princeton.

That guy has talent!!

You my friend are an idiot.

Neither Will or Levi were recruited, and both are very much from Bluefield

Its not about where people are from it is about how good they are and Levi is the better QB even if he is from Princeton.

That guy has talent!!

You my friend are an idiot.

I don't think you quite get the point

This game tonight had a little bit of everything in it...

1st...hope Patterson and Beckett recover soon.

2nd... Lilly is some football player.

3rd...CCDS has some of the classiest fans I've ever been around.

4th...The squirrel was lucky to get out alive!

Just come back from the game beavers and would like to congratulate you guys for not quitting against a quality and very fundamentally sound football team tonight. The score could have been alot worse and many other teams would have givin up around halftime considering the circumstances with injuries. Hopefully Patterson and Beckett's injuries weren't real serious and can heel up real soon.

Jake Lilly is definitely the real deal and has more heart than any player I have seen in a long time, but the fact is when Levi went down, Bluefield became one dimensional and it is hard to bet any team when all you can do is run the ball. This reminds a little of when Bluefield was playing Tolsia in the playoff in '06 and Eric McClanahan was injured and Bluefield ended up losing this game.

I don't believe the loss of this one game will make or break the Beavers' season, but the loss of either, or both, Marcus or Levi could change the entire season. I really hope neither of their injuries are as significant as believed to be, and they can make a very speedy recovery.

Good job CCD and good luck to you and the Beavers on the rest of the season.

1) ccd was a strong and fundamental team.

2) beckett seamed to be gone after a good run to beaver sideline.

3) dont know if it is ankle or concussion , but patterson took a hell of a shot on the ccd side of the field.

4) jake lilly is one of those kids who come around about every 10 years or so.

5) i dont understand why jake had to run to the sideline and get the plays and then run back to huddle and then carry the ball. seems like they could have alternated an end or something.

6) but again, great tradition and a good showing against a much more physical team tonight.

7) get through gate city and the schedule will definetly be in the beavers favor.

8) good luck !

a lot of thoughts about this game,, this was all about how good ccds plays.

They aren't to physcial for bluefield, in fact lined up against each other, size and strength wise, bluefield seemed more than able to play with them. I eluded to this before their game in '08, private schools often have really intelligent players who respond really good to instruction and this school obviously has a top notch coaching staff.

Their players are very football savvy on top of having a lot of sheer talent, and their execution is exceptional. Combined with coaching schemes that (with all due respect to bluefield's coaches) simply dissected our schemes on o and d, they simply play better football, on a different level. It's really that simple.

Their 1st drive of 3 plays for a score confirmed that. Bluefield's d was like a deer in a spotlight on that pass for a score down the middle.

Bluefield started the game sort of hesitant in my opinion and they got off to a good start.

The 1st 2 quarters were more about field position, ccds had it on each side of the ball throughout.

The injuries will obviously be a big factor in bluefield's o scheme. After the qb went out, bluefield's o basically became a sandlot football type of scheme were they just hiked the ball to lilly and he made do with determination and physical talent. Although there were a few actual plays to other players, and they performed as admirably as possible, it was about as good an individual effort from 1 player to carry a team against a really good team as you'll see in high school football. Reminds me a lot of some of ben thornton's performances for james monroe in '98 and '99.

What they'll do from here who knows but it will be easier for other teams of course but bluefield will likely become a different type of team on o themselves with weeks to practice like so.

Bluefield stepped it up on d in the 3rd and 4th quarters, after they calmed down some.

Although it's a game of what might have been with a different start, and a finish without injuries, you have to credit ccds for simply playing the x's and o's of the game of football on a much different level overall.

But congrats to bluefield for their effort and finishing strong and especially to lilly on his monumental effort. They'll still be a tall order for aa wv teams, but to be honest the gate city game really just became a lot more difficult task for them. But bluefield will be well prepared and up to the task in my opinion.

Congrats to them. Congrats to each team.

Lastly they did have very polite fans, I spoke with a few of them at intermission and they were impressed with the facility.

Their place kicker is something else. 45 - 55 yard field goal exhibition at intermission and some really high deep kick offs for touch backs.

Sounds to me like Bluefield played a good game and did a good job with all the injuries against a really good team.

It's easy for a team to get down after all the injuries they had tonight, but they showed a lot of heart.

Good luck the rest of the year and hope you guys bring back another state !

Sounds to me like Bluefield played a good game and did a good job with all the injuries against a really good team.

It's easy for a team to get down after all the injuries they had tonight, but they showed a lot of heart.

Good luck the rest of the year and hope you guys bring back another state !

Thanks for the classy post and good luck to the Blues tomorrow and the rest of the season.

I was at the game. Thought it might turn into a blow out. Hats off to Bluefield. They never quit. Give me 11 Jake Lillys and i win the state title every year. He was a true leader tonite, and he willed that team in the second half. The whole team could have quit but they didn't. CCDS very good. Very disciplined. All good athletes. No bulky lineman, just athletes. Should prepare Bluefield for the rest of the season very well. I don't believe they will see another team this good the rest of the season. A very clean game. Just good football. Jake had 24 carries in the second half. He gotta be sore tomorrow, lol. I did see Marcus leaving the stadium after halftime with assistance. He looked pretty wobbly. I hope he is okay. BTW, the squirrel incident was hilarious. Not once, but twice he made it onto the field. I kept thinking, what were the folks from Charlotte thinking, lol.

Regarding the kicker, not only was he kicking field goals of 55 yards that were coming down at the top of the goal posts, he was punting the ball 60 yards and dropping them inside the five. Very impressive weapon to have.

That was pretty amazing. Kid has some serious potential. Funny thing was that it was effortless. I was at the Tazewell-Gate City game. IMO, this team beats Gate City. Hopefully, Bluefield gets healthy quick. I think the Bluefield-Gate City game will be a classic.

I don't think you quite get the point

you need to learn about them first. i dont know about Beckett. but Will went to elementary school in WV. came to VA. then went back to WV.