VT vs. Nebraska

vthokies4life

I have to say that the look on the face of the girl next to me was great. It was part shock, part joy and part wonder. It is a moment like that which is why I love college football. It was incredible.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VT fans are booing.

Incorrect. I thought I was hearing the same thing at the game but then realized that it wasn't VT fans "boo"ing, it was the nearly 10,000 Nebraska fans yelling "Suh"...big #93, Ndamukong Suh, their All-American DL who was in the VT backfield swatting TT's passes like flies all day long.

I love we are trying to throw a little bit, but run the darn ball. That's the strength, and VT threw on first down all day long in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Williams had 100yds in the first half. I'll take a win though.

I wish that i knew if everyone has a good D or if our O is sooo bad we make them look great. :)

I wish that i knew if everyone has a good D or if our O is sooo bad we make them look great. :)

Nebraska had played two Sunbelt teams coming into the VT game...Florida Atlantic rolled up 358 yards of offense but only scored 3 points...Arkansas St. had 274 yards and scored 9 points. VT amassed a whopping 278 yards, 88 of which came on the last drive (81 on one play)...up to that point, VT had less than 200 total yards for the game.

Having given you the numbers, I'll let you figure it out...

Guest JJBrickface

I still think Tyrod Taylor is playing the wrong position. Or Beamer is not utilizing him the way he should be.

Guest JJBrickface
I'm convinced that if you put Tom Brady and the rest of the starting eleven of the New England Patriots to run the VT offensive scheme, they could do no better.

I disagree, their execution is horrible on offense. Even on the game winning td throw, Taylor got really lucky. His pass was behind the receiver and the DB should have deflected it but he completely missed it. Taylor is not a pocket QB and he never will be.

This game is HUGE for VT. If Miami wins, VT can kiss any shot they have at the ACC goodbye.

The only ACC team left for Miami that has a favorable chance at beating them would be UNC.

I hate to say this but if Miami wins they will more than likely finish the regular season 12-0...Man i hope Tech wins

I still think Tyrod Taylor is playing the wrong position. Or Beamer is not utilizing him the way he should be.

Or an ignorant QB coach is taking a running QB and trying to turn him into a pocket passer...that seems to be the sentiment coming from most VT people who are "in the know"...

Guest JJBrickface
Or an ignorant QB coach is taking a running QB and trying to turn him into a pocket passer...that seems to be the sentiment coming from most VT people who are "in the know"...

I'm not "in the know" but I do know that Frank Beamer is the Head Coach and it is his ultimate decision to decide how he is going to use his quarterback.

My opinion...and you know what they say about opinions, is that they are trying to keep him healthy by being a pocket passer, because has been prone to injuries before and VT does not have an experienced QB to back him up and with the struggles that VT is having right now on offense cannot afford to lose TT...Not say it's right or wrong...That is Beamers decision to make, but I think that is what VT is trying to do.

I'm not "in the know" but I do know that Frank Beamer is the Head Coach and it is his ultimate decision to decide how he is going to use his quarterback.

Same coach tried to turn Glennon, a proto-typical pocket passer, into a mobile, option-type QB. That is one reason so many fans got down on Glennon but it wasn't his fault, he was only doing what his coach told him to do.

You are right, it is Beamer's ultimate decision but unfortunately we are stuck with BS and MO'C...they are "his boys"...he will protect them to the end...which BTW, can't come soon enough for those two meatheads...

My opinion...and you know what they say about opinions, is that they are trying to keep him healthy by being a pocket passer, because has been prone to injuries before and VT does not have an experienced QB to back him up and with the struggles that VT is having right now on offense cannot afford to lose TT...Not say it's right or wrong...That is Beamers decision to make, but I think that is what VT is trying to do.

But not allowing him to run is going to get him killed too...he's a sitting duck staying in the pocket. And to be honest, TT's back up is a very mobile QB who has more "pocket poise" as a R-FR than TT has as a JR...TT is not comfortable staying in the pocket, he gets tentative when he has too and that's where he makes mistakes.

Isn't one of the back up QB's the one from the Brookville state team last year?

Logan Thomas...3rd on the depth chart...they are hoping to redshirt him this season but that all depends on whether our inept QB coach gets TT killed or not...

But not allowing him to run is going to get him killed too...he's a sitting duck staying in the pocket. And to be honest, TT's back up is a very mobile QB who has more "pocket poise" as a R-FR than TT has as a JR...TT is not comfortable staying in the pocket, he gets tentative when he has too and that's where he makes mistakes.

I agree that one can tell that he's not comfortable in the pocket...At times he looks like he wants to take off and run but hesitates and buy doing this takes him out of his natural element which in turn hurts VT's offensive production. Granted that the backup has more "pocket poise" than TT, going into conference play the backup still has not had a lot of playing time this year other than mop up duty. I think Beamer should let TT do what he does best and live with with the consequences because it really hurts TT and VT as a whole.

I agree that one can tell that he's not comfortable in the pocket...At times he looks like he wants to take off and run but hesitates and buy doing this takes him out of his natural element which in turn hurts VT's offensive production. Granted that the backup has more "pocket poise" than TT, going into conference play the backup still has not had a lot of playing time this year other than mop up duty. I think Beamer should let TT do what he does best and live with with the consequences because it really hurts TT and VT as a whole.

And as I said, the reason he is staying in the pocket is because the dumbass QB coach is trying to turn him into a pocket passer...which, obviously to everyone who has seen him play, he isn't.

VT's coaches are some of the worst at not utilizing their players' strengths. They do it with their running backs too! They run the bruisers to the outside and their speedsters up the middle.

My favorite play call was the first offensive play of the game for VT. Following Roberts returning the opening kickoff 70+ yards he was obviously winded. What does Stinespring do? He calls a reverse for Roberts that goes absolutely nowhere. Brilliant I tell you, brilliant.

Edited by Bluefield_Rules
Too good of a post to let a spelling error mix people up...