Tazewell vs Abingdon

Bulldogs52

I disagree, the measure of true athletes is winning in multiple sports, not just one my friend.

that's what people say when they don't have a good football team....lol

see, now we are starting to get down to some of the problems.

Grundy had it's run at wrestling, nothing wrong with doing great in another sport...but by the same measure you can't just say well we are good at everything else...that doesn't help your football team get better and that's what we are talking about here...excuses, excuses, excuses...at some point you have to exorcise your demons and start something that's real...or you just settle for more of the same and enjoy your cross country?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey preacher, lance is right football is the sport in this area. not sure if bringing in another coach is the answer. it's time for the kids to step up and play ball this week. i hope they read this board, get pissed off, and come out and hit the puppies right in da face!

What did we do wrong? Hmm, football isn't the only sport you know.

We dominate:

Cross Country

Soccer

Track

Baseball

Swimming

Tennis

Golf

Band

Competitive in:

Basketball

Volleyball

Softball

and yes, FOOTBALL

When did Band become a sport?

hey preacher, lance is right football is the sport in this area. not sure if bringing in another coach is the answer. it's time for the kids to step up and play ball this week. i hope they read this board, get pissed off, and come out and hit the puppies right in da face!

not that you guys have a bad coach, you don't...just saying...he needs to be able to do a few things that don't seem to be on the table...at this point not sure he could...hard to go back and change things once they have been done in a different way...sometimes its easier to start fresh with a new attitiude...from what i've heard the parents and the front office throw a fit over certain things and get their feelings hurt pretty easily if a coach says anything to a kid the "wrong" way...don't get me wrong here I have kids myself and I wouldn't want anyone treating them badly, but with any football program you have to expect a certain degree of discipline and I think that part is what is missing at Abingdon...just my opinion.

well...I think trying to talk your team in to being better than they actually are is probably a starting point. Abingdon has 1000+ students...you guys should easily rule the SWD...ever wonder why you don't? They don't bring in a good coach and let him coach...the parents are too busy with the political BS to let it happen...if you guys get a good coach, he'll be run off soon enough...this is why everyone calls Abingdon the "whine and cheese" crowd...you guys need an old school coach with SWD roots and the parents need to stay out of it and let them do what needs to be done to straighten out the kids...Abingdon has long been more about the band and the halftime show more than the 4 quarters that define a football game....which is why I said I'd get rid of that silly Enter Sandman thing you guys do...it's really a joke to the rest of the world and you guys either don't care or don't get it...or both.

You get a team that starts looking for someone to hit on every play...that's where it starts...you get 11 kids out of the 1000 or so in that school that want to go out and headhunt on every play...not 11 that buy in to the hype crap...and you start there and build a team...you don't let the parents and the front office pressure the coaches and you start worring more about the game and less about the show...

I'll be the first to say Abingdon has made a LOT of progress in doing this over the past few years...but still a long way to go and a lot of things to fix.

The Coach tha A-Town has now is the one who interduced the Enter Sandman Ideal not the kids........ He has had free run of the program without any parents telling him how or what to do. Thats why u have seen a little change in the program over the past few years. I must agree with you that Abingdon needs a HARD CORE SWVA coach. the one at A-Town now is way to easy on them. He has got the #s up as a whole in the program from 8th grade thru varsity. Their practices need to be harder and longer with more intensity. After a few years of that then I beleive the program will be competive with those that rule SWVA as of now. Until then A-town will be plucked by those teams.

not that you guys have a bad coach, you don't...just saying...he needs to be able to do a few things that don't seem to be on the table...at this point not sure he could...hard to go back and change things once they have been done in a different way...sometimes its easier to start fresh with a new attitiude...from what i've heard the parents and the front office throw a fit over certain things and get their feelings hurt pretty easily if a coach says anything to a kid the "wrong" way...don't get me wrong here I have kids myself and I wouldn't want anyone treating them badly, but with any football program you have to expect a certain degree of discipline and I think that part is what is missing at Abingdon...just my opinion.

This is where there is a major misconception of Abingdon athletics lies. Execpt for ONE time a few years back when there was ONE kid's PARENTS that disaproved of Gregory, there has been no issues to where anyone complains or cries about getting yelled at. Due to this ONE issue, that happened 3 years ago where the kid and parents are gone now, everyone sees Abingdon as whiny kids that complain about getting yelled at. This is due to middle school style gossiping and misinformation spread throughout the community and surrounding communities. The fact is, however, that the student athletes at Abingdon,like most schools, are hard-working in all sports and complaints are a rarity that get depressed by coaches and parents alike that are trying to develope strong-minded men in the world. Don't judge athletes in the school on ONE issue by ONE kid's PARENTS when the people that go there now were not even students yet, that they had no way of having any relation to the issue.

We dominate:

Cross Country

Soccer

Track

Baseball

Swimming

Tennis

Golf

Band

Competitive in:

Basketball

Volleyball

Softball

and yes, FOOTBALL

Abingdon is good as soccer, tennis, baseball, and golf. I`m sorry but they do not dominate swimming and track. But anyway this is a football thread right?

Heard that Tazewells Cory Beavers has an injury and will not play this week, also Sha McDonald has heart problems and may not play this week, so it will be interesting to see how Tazewell deels with these players not in the game.

Anyone know if this is true? Pulled this from another message board.

We dominate:

Cross Country

Soccer

Track

Baseball

Swimming

Tennis

Golf

Band

Competitive in:

Basketball

Volleyball

Softball

and yes, FOOTBALL

There is high school swimming?? and im pretty sure Graham's band could blow Abingdon's out of the water. Last thing I saw for Cross Country was Graham won an invitational. Tennis, golf, and track, who cares??? (I kid I kid)

We dominate:

Cross Country

Soccer

Track

Baseball

Swimming

Tennis

Golf

Band

Competitive in:

Basketball

Volleyball

Softball

and yes, FOOTBALL

Preacher -- Abingdon hasn't dominated in softball in years -- unless you say battling for third is dominant -- Southwest District Softball has belonged to Richlands and Tazewell for a decade or possibly more than that -- When Abingdon entered the SWD it only gave two more district victories to Tazewell and Richlands --

There is high school swimming?? and im pretty sure Graham's band could blow Abingdon's out of the water. Last thing I saw for Cross Country was Graham won an invitational. Tennis, golf, and track, who cares??? (I kid I kid)

Okay - gotta jump in here. Abingdon and/or Marion dominate SW Dist. Swimming. Last season, Abingdon's girls and Marion's guys won - sorry Graham if you can't afford a pool or your kids don't know how to swim. As far as bands go, I'll put Abingdon's against Graham's any day of the week. 130 strong, playing Led Zepplin this year. I'll put Abingdon's football team down along with everyone else. However, my daughter is in the band and is a swimmer, so I'd put those against Graham anytime. But, we digress - this whole thread digresses, this is a football board. Tazewell 35, Abingdon 13.

Can we get this thread closed, it has went far from what the topic was, and it happens every year when abingdon starts getting plucked! Please lance or g man end it now!

Dude - you've been on here long enough to see that EVERY SINGLE WEEK Abingdon's game gets a hundred posts. There are one or two idiots from Abingdon that suggest that they have a chance and all of SWVa rains down on them. Every week it always reverts to "whine and cheese" or alcohol parties, or spoiled brats, or something like that. Why should this week be any different? Just because Tazewell is playing?

Dude - you've been on here long enough to see that EVERY SINGLE WEEK Abingdon's game gets a hundred posts. There are one or two idiots from Abingdon that suggest that they have a chance and all of SWVa rains down on them. Every week it always reverts to "whine and cheese" or alcohol parties, or spoiled brats, or something like that. Why should this week be any different? Just because Tazewell is playing?

dang..i forgot about the parties...are they still having those? been kinda quiet this year.

so lance u are trying to say that abingdon is the only town that has partys? only one falcon player was caught at that party and only one was there how do i know u ask? cuz i was there so lance u are dumb and richlands did role last week but one game doesnt make the season we will see what the falcon future is friday

hurricane abingdon rolls all over marion in every sport and most of the time in football marion is trash leave the chat please and abingdon doesnt just roll marion we roll all over everyone in every sport pretty much and we always have a pretty good football team.

so lance u are trying to say that abingdon is the only town that has partys? only one falcon player was caught at that party and only one was there how do i know u ask? cuz i was there so lance u are dumb and richlands did role last week but one game doesnt make the season we will see what the falcon future is friday

how did you get all of that out of what i said? lol.

hurricane abingdon rolls all over marion in every sport and most of the time in football marion is trash leave the chat please and abingdon doesnt just roll marion we roll all over everyone in every sport pretty much and we always have a pretty good football team.

profound!

dang..i forgot about the parties...are they still having those? been kinda quiet this year.

Lance - there's one every week - just got to invite everyone who hear's about it so that no one gets catty and rats out the rest of the gang! It's quiet if its not busted.

i just feel like the falcons have a chance every week. not bragging just fact. they are led by one of the best qb's in swva-why don't we have a chance?

i just feel like the falcons have a chance every week. not bragging just fact. they are led by one of the best qb's in swva-why don't we have a chance?

not trying to start anything, but if he is "one of the best qb's in swva" why havent the won more games? why is this the first time i have heard of him and i still dont know his name.