Tazewell vs Abingdon

Bulldogs52

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually when I hear "Enter Sandman" I think of seeing Metallica live and of memories from that period in my life.

When I say Richlands did it a few times... they did it a long time before Abingdon did. I did notice Powell Valley playing Thunderstruck (not sure how long they've been doing it) but I've been trying to get Richlands to come out to that song for years. The weather tie-in is perfect.

Speaking of being original... Why do Abingdon's pants look exactly like Richlands? And why do the stripes on Abingdon's helmets look exactly like Richlands? And why does abingdon end pre-game warm ups exactly like Richlands? I'm not complaining about it, just curious.

Since this thread has gotten way off topic... I think Abingdon has a chance to pull an upset. I'm not saying they will but I think they could.

Actually when I hear "Enter Sandman" I think of seeing Metallica live and of memories from that period in my life.

When I say Richlands did it a few times... they did it a long time before Abingdon did. I did notice Powell Valley playing Thunderstruck (not sure how long they've been doing it) but I've been trying to get Richlands to come out to that song for years. The weather tie-in is perfect.

Speaking of being original... Why do Abingdon's pants look exactly like Richlands? And why do the stripes on Abingdon's helmets look exactly like Richlands? And why does abingdon end pre-game warm ups exactly like Richlands? I'm not complaining about it, just curious.

Since this thread has gotten way off topic... I think Abingdon has a chance to pull an upset. I'm not saying they will but I think they could.

PV has been doing it for a long time now. I am thinking since late 80s or early 90s. It is what I call the PV baney rooster strut!LOL! Just kidding!

No way will Abingdon beat Tazewell, the bulldogs are coming to AHS hungry for a win and will not leave without it. Sorry guys.... AS far as Abingdon coming out to Enter Sandman..... You come out to a song that sets a certain expectation you better be able to back it up..... and AHS doesnt back anything up...

i like talking to people my own age. lol

The reason I am not going to respond to you any more. The reason Abingdon gets bashed year in and year out is because u guys talk smack and build all the hype for nothing and the team is lucky to win 5 games. You guys should take some advice and let the season dictate the smack talking.

yeah,they got trouble remembering things down there..like 24-0 lastweek after 1 Quarter..posting things like..the falcon will fly above the storm....preachin about how"falcon awesome"is their moto....so good luck getting them to remember anything

I guess I have to get into this one as well....

I come from a very small SWVA football program. One year we had 19 players on the team, but still made the playoffs. So, numbers do not matter to a point.

What is wrong with Abingdon Football is heart... Like someone said, there are 900+ kids in the school, but only 35 varsity players come out, up and coming seniors quit... What is wrong with Abingdon Football is the town does not support them, the school does not support them and they get 11 starters from 35 and start 10th graders because they don't have the depth. Until the community gets behind the coach and the program, it will not grow to everyones expectations. As to bragging on this forum. I see more Marion and other schools putting Abingdon down, that Abingdon people bragging.

Abingdon was taught a lesson last week. A valuable lesson. Really good programs and teams come prepared to play and make changes when necessary. It will be interesting to see what happens, what changes have been made.

So, everyone needs to stop the trash talking... and let the play on the field show what they have. It doesn't matter what sport it is from Football to Swimming.

Good Luck every team... And remember that every play could be your last play. The team at Sullivan South can attest for that.

I come from a very small SWVA football program. One year we had 19 players on the team, but still made the playoffs. So, numbers do not matter to a point.

What is wrong with Abingdon Football is heart... Like someone said, there are 900+ kids in the school, but only 35 varsity players come out, up and coming seniors quit... What is wrong with Abingdon Football is the town does not support them, the school does not support them and they get 11 starters from 35 and start 10th graders because they don't have the depth. Until the community gets behind the coach and the program, it will not grow to everyones expectations. As to bragging on this forum. I see more Marion and other schools putting Abingdon down, that Abingdon people bragging.

Abingdon was taught a lesson last week. A valuable lesson. Really good programs and teams come prepared to play and make changes when necessary. It will be interesting to see what happens, what changes have been made.

So, everyone needs to stop the trash talking... and let the play on the field show what they have. It doesn't matter what sport it is from Football to Swimming.

Good Luck every team... And remember that every play could be your last play. The team at Sullivan South can attest for that.

Dear 4andacloud: I detect some age and wisdom in your post. You've been around this whole thing for a while, I suspect. I agree in many respects with your analysis.

However, I think that the biggest problem with Abingdon football, and what has come or is coming to other schools around here, is that the guys who should be playing are just too soft to go out. I think it is a nationwide epidemic. We've become far too soft as a people. Where there is a rich tradition, like Richlands, no pun intended, such a move is slower to materialize. We've spoiled our kids with cable t.v., computers, ipods and x-boxes. Football is a blood sport. It's a "man's" sport. It's tough and the toughest usually prevails. Two a days, nutcracker drills, "burma road", grass drills, gassers, etc. are what it takes to make a really good team. The guys that are out do those things. The guys that aren't playing are probably very good at "Madden 09" and get their satisfaction from a new high score.

Abingdon was tough in the 70s and 80s. They had a few good teams in the 90s. They should now have about 150 guys out in grades 9-12 and cut to 50 varsity and 50 j.v. But they don't. They have what they've got out there. I do believe that the 45 or so they do have out are the best guys in that whole school - maybe not the most talented athletically (although Hess is in that category), they are the ones that are not too soft to do what it takes and I can guarantee that they work as hard as any other team around. Bowles has taken a lot of heat. Maybe he should, but he's been around football for a long time and I'm certain that he's doing what he can with what he has.

To the rest of you guys, unless we turn things around and become a country built upon a work ethic again, the rest of you will start to see this too.

Two cents worth from an old guy.

I like your post. To me it seems the kids on the field don't really care if they win or lose. Like Lance said they like all the things that go with football except the actual football game. To many kids pampered if you ask me, have everything handed to them from the start he got a Lexus, he got a mercedes, and on and on. I think a good place to start would be to hire a hard nosed football coach.

i play for abingdon and just so its clear none of us have a mercedes or a lexus

i play for abingdon and just so its clear none of us have a mercedes or a lexus

what did you get? Someone needs an Iroc and a mullet...and they should be a linebacker...only fitting.

The reason I am not going to respond to you any more. The reason Abingdon gets bashed year in and year out is because u guys talk smack and build all the hype for nothing and the team is lucky to win 5 games. You guys should take some advice and let the season dictate the smack talking.

That is exactly what I do, without the smack talk. I can only hope for the best every week.

Brother, you said it exactly. There are more people on here bashing Abingdon than there are Abingdon braggers. (guys if you look around, there are only a few of them. THey post and post and post.) But you are exactly right, about the program, town, and players! Well put!

That is exactly what I do, without the smack talk. I can only hope for the best every week.

and i could only hope that none of these Abingdon talking heads on here are players. i hope that all the players have the same attitude you are. you seem like you have a very good respect for the game. good luck tonight and the rest of the season!

ok we are less than 2 hours from kick off I'm on my way out to the field in just a bit, I'm predicting a Tazewell victory... I'm one of the few fans praying for the rain... thats the true test of heart for highschool players lets see if they are still hardcore and ready for blood when they cant keep their feet under them...lol..... heres hoping to a good hard hittin game