Final Sermon - I'm gone

preacher

I would like to announce my departure from this board. A spiritual fast to cleanse my mind of the negativity shown to me and my falcons. Why? I’m tired of the false impressions made every week about my Abingdon by the majority on this board. We are a recognized historic landmark by the Common Wealth of Va! Abingdon is the birth place of America’s first – 1st Lady: Martha Washington. I’m proud of the falcon tradition of excellence – academically and athletically. Despite the false information on another thread, lets clear something up:

1st – I said we are competitive in softball not dominate! Learn to READ!

2nd – Crosscountry and Track are a sport – there is no other sport that measure athletic will more than those two. And WE DOMINATE IN THOSE!!

3rd – Despite what you think, our kids are just as hard nosed as anyone else (can take some yelling too), but does yelling and being loud make you a good coach?? I don’t think so, if that was true than Kanye West would be a good coach.

4th – We are not a party town, a historic town. Every school has their issues with kids partying – Richlands is a good example. (We are not the only ones!!)

5th – I’m proud to be part of the Falcon Nation and what it stands for – great academics = great athletics.

Finally, I will not miss the whinning of the Candy Canes, the insults and lack of even minimal etiquette shown to any falcon fan when they mention Abingdon.

Ps: When, not if, my falcons become the dominate force in Football in this district, I will end my intellectual fast and return to this board to talk sports.

Goodbye and God Bless

Edited by preacher

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your "final sermon"...again. You did the same last football season. You gave your "final sermon" again during basketball season. And now, you've given your "final sermon" for a third time in a year.

Quit making promises you can't keep. This place is like a drug and you're a crackhead...you'll be back...

3rd – Despite what you think, our kids are just as hard nosed as anyone else (can take some yelling too), but does yelling and being loud make you a good coach?? I don’t think so, if that was true than Kanye West would be a good coach.

Thats funny, because you even agreed yourself that Abingdon was in "different world" when it came to football. You said you saluted other area coaches for standing up for hardnose football, and I quote "Do you think any of the players in Abingdon ever watch two-a-days on MTV? That is football - working, yelling, and getting after it. Just like the legendary coaches in this area do. "

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6462

Edited by BigBlueAlum

I would like to announce my departure from this board. A spiritual fast to cleanse my mind of the negativity shown to me and my falcons. Why? I’m tired of the false impressions made every week about my Abingdon by the majority on this board. We are a recognized historic landmark by the Common Wealth of Va! Abingdon is the birth place of America’s first – 1st Lady: Martha Washington. I’m proud of the falcon tradition of excellence – academically and athletically. Despite the false information on another thread, lets clear something up:

2nd – Crosscountry and Track are a sport – there is no other sport that measure athletic will more than those two. And WE DOMINATE IN THOSE!!

4th – We are not a party town, a historic town. Every school has their issues with kids partying – Richlands is a good example. (We are not the only ones!!)

5th – I’m proud to be part of the Falcon Nation and what it stands for – great academics = great athletics.

Finally, I will not miss the whinning of the Candy Canes, the insults and lack of even minimal etiquette shown to any falcon fan when they mention Abingdon.

Ps: When, not if, my falcons become the dominate force in Football in this district, I will end my intellectual fast and return to this board to talk sports.

Goodbye and God Bless

I would hate think I saw things so one-sided.

Goodbye and God Bless

that is the reason i have stayed on the board. the falcons need our support-i know this board can be anti-abingdon but stick with it preacher. that is what they want you to do-walk away. i am telling you one day in the near future we will run this board. the falcons will be winning and people will be jumping off this board because the won't be able to handle it. we have some great young athletes coming up-it won't be to much longer My Friends Wait & See!

"When, not if, my falcons become the dominate force in Football in this district, I will end my intellectual fast and return to this board to talk sports".

So, you only want to talk "when" your Abingdon Falcons become dominant? (You misspelled it, BTW). You're tucking your tail and running in the face of adversity? Nice going. Great example of the fans in your historic town.

By the way, I love Abingdon. I know many people who live and work there, and I will tell you that you do not represent the majority of Abingdon fans...you are the cowardly minority.

Edited by blueinbama

Thats funny, because you even agreed yourself that Abingdon was in "different world" when it came to football. You said you saluted other area coaches for standing up for hardnose football, and I quote "Do you think any of the players in Abingdon ever watch two-a-days on MTV? That is football - working, yelling, and getting after it. Just like the legendary coaches in this area do. "

this really bothers me because abingdon is NO different than any other swva team. why we have a bad rap-I don't know! we are just as tough minded and work just as hard as any other team. i welcome any of you out to friday's game-we will hit and play just as hard as tazewell. come on out and see for yourself!

we have all these great programs in the area who look down on us-why don't you guys win more? you like to tell everyone how to play-maybe you need to worry about your own programs!

that is the reason i have stayed on the board. the falcons need our support-i know this board can be anti-abingdon but stick with it preacher. that is what they want you to do-walk away. i am telling you one day in the near future we will run this board. the falcons will be winning and people will be jumping off this board because the won't be able to handle it. we have some great young athletes coming up-it won't be to much longer My Friends Wait & See!

HAHA, HAHA, I just wiped tears from eyes and laughing reading this thread! Listen to how pittiful you falcon fans are, haha. This is priceless! I'm glad you're gone. What kind of example are you setting? To give up because you cant win, but if you do win you will come back. That is classic abingdon, spoiled! You guys are like the rich kid that had the toys in the sandbox and when someone didn't play nice, you took your toys and went home. Boohoo, haha. Pittiful!

HAHA, HAHA, I just wiped tears from eyes and laughing reading this thread! Listen to how pittiful you falcon fans are, haha. This is priceless! I'm glad you're gone. What kind of example are you setting? To give up because you cant win, but if you do win you will come back. That is classic abingdon, spoiled! You guys are like the rich kid that had the toys in the sandbox and when someone didn't play nice, you took your toys and went home. Boohoo, haha. Pittiful!

i will still be here telling you bout the falcons. where are you from-i guess you are bove all of these things. give me a break!

this really bothers me because abingdon is NO different than any other swva team. why we have a bad rap-I don't know! we are just as tough minded and work just as hard as any other team. i welcome any of you out to friday's game-we will hit and play just as hard as tazewell. come on out and see for yourself!

we have all these great programs in the area who look down on us-why don't you guys win more? you like to tell everyone how to play-maybe you need to worry about your own programs!

Hey, I only quoted one of your own.

I'm actually in Hoover AL right now

im glad he is gone abingdon hasnt had a good season in years...btw the upcoming class for next years abingdon team is jacob hess i think football requires 11 not 1...there isnt any kid on the abingdon team that isnt a senior other than hess that is a playmaker sorry crosswhite

Hey stay off the abingdon guys everybody knows most of abingdon is from grundy anyway.LOL i bet every one of the abingdon people on here are the same ones at the friends of buchanan co. meeting every month. Just ask them where the coleman kid was from ;)