VT vs U

-oo-

Beano. What part of their horrible play wasn't caused by Tech??? Every aspect of their 'poor play' was Virginia Tech completely out playing Miami. We got pressure on Harris, we owned their running game, our special teams were on, and our offense completely dismantled their defense. We exploited their weaknesses and came out on top. There is literally no way to say that this game was won because of Miami's short comings or an 'off night', but rather it was Tech simply being better. Now take your Tech hating ways somewhere else for a week. The points you make are completely useless and carry no truth to the way the game was played.

Actually I have a question to return to you. Did YOU watch the game???

And also, you said "VT played very well... I won't take that away from them." The first couple of sentences before completely took 'that' away from them. So please, try not to contradict yourself so much.

Do you really want me to go there? Did you happen to watch any of Miami's previous games??? Miami was out of their game plan because of the WEATHER. Nothing to do with VT. Did you see how easy it was for them to drive down the field the first drive of the second half? That was because that was the one drive they played their game. VT played well, very well. But Miami's D was missing their starting DT's and they didn't play well for whatever reason. If you want to say that VT's offense is better then Miami's D, well keep dreaming. Miami's D completely shut down a very potent Georgia Tech offense last week. They couldn't get anything going tonight on either side of the ball. It was just a bad night. But I will remember every single post about this game once VT has a bad night and gets their asses beat down.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you watched the game you would have notice on the first drive of the 2nd Half Bud Foster didn't blitz like he did in the 1st half. After Miami scored he blitzed the rest of the half and the Hurricanes couldn't handle it. You must have watched a totally different game. Va Tech whipped Miami all over the field in every aspect of the game. Or atleast that is the game that I and every Hokie fan watched today. And for every Miami fan at the game you could tell by there facial expression that they were watching it just like us.

Do you really want me to go there? Did you happen to watch any of Miami's previous games??? Miami was out of their game plan because of the WEATHER. Nothing to do with VT. Did you see how easy it was for them to drive down the field the first drive of the second half? That was because that was the one drive they played their game. VT played well, very well. But Miami's D was missing their starting DT's and they didn't play well for whatever reason. If you want to say that VT's offense is better then Miami's D, well keep dreaming. Miami's D completely shut down a very potent Georgia Tech offense last week. They couldn't get anything going tonight on either side of the ball. It was just a bad night. But I will remember every single post about this game once VT has a bad night and gets their asses beat down.

Hahahahaha, so the 'swagger' gets a rain check, huh?

If that's seriously the way you saw this game, and you aren't only trying to get a rise out of Tech fans and me personally, then I seriously question your knowledge of football.

So you didn't see our defense with 8 men in the box on their 5th play of the game? You know, where Harris got sacked and fumbled the ball? You didn't see our special teams get to the ball and score? You didn't see our offensive line completely dismantle their defense, especially in the first two quarters? Everything that went wrong for Miami was a direct result of Virginia Tech being THE BETTER TEAM.

Also, review my post prior to the game. I said that if, IF, we can get pressure on Harris, then the outcome will be in our favor. Yesterday was a resounding example of exactly that. So again, what you post holds absolutely no truth to the way the game was played. Open your eyes next time when your watching the game, Beano. That usually helps when you "watch" the game.

I was at the game . Beano, don't give me that crap about the weather favoring VT. As one miami player said before the game we practice almost every day in the rain and the rain won't bother us. Bud's defense did!!!!!!.

Not taking anything away from Miami, but Georgia Tech played horrible last week and it had nothing to do with Miami. :D

Do you really want me to go there? Did you happen to watch any of Miami's previous games??? Miami was out of their game plan because of the WEATHER. Nothing to do with VT. Did you see how easy it was for them to drive down the field the first drive of the second half? That was because that was the one drive they played their game.
So the weather changed for them on the first drive of the second half, and then the weather again became a factor and took them out of their game after that. Great teams adjust to the weather. That's why it's important to practice with a wet ball at least once a week. If Miami can't play in bad conditions, they're not a complete team. And that's the fault of their coaching staff. You're making lame excuses. Tech whipped Miami. They played in the same conditions, and the ball and the field wasn't any less slick for them. Are you sure there weren't some bad official's calls you would like to throw in there too? Why not give credit to the better team...the Va. Tech Hokies. They proved they were the better team Saturday, because they overcame the adversity of the weather. Miami failed to do that.

and every single one of you VT fans has shown why i hate VT so much. Gman made another post talking about an "asswipe from Miami". well VT fans are the biggest, most arrogant, ignorant asswipes. if you don't see things their way, you are wrong. simple as that. Gman has started many threads about VT this, VT that, if anyone else did that about another team they would probably get told to stop by all the VT talking heads on this board. i was trying to give everyone a non-biased point of view and of course, it wasnt praising VT so i got all the VT fans all pissy and they all had to say something.

well VT fans are the biggest, most arrogant, ignorant asswipes. if you don't see things their way, you are wrong. simple as that.

Is this comparable to the bitch-fits that the Longhorn fans threw for weeks last year when they didn't get they didn't get "their shot" at Florida for the national title?

and every single one of you VT fans has shown why i hate VT so much. Gman made another post talking about an "asswipe from Miami". well VT fans are the biggest, most arrogant, ignorant asswipes. if you don't see things their way, you are wrong. simple as that. Gman has started many threads about VT this, VT that, if anyone else did that about another team they would probably get told to stop by all the VT talking heads on this board. i was trying to give everyone a non-biased point of view and of course, it wasnt praising VT so i got all the VT fans all pissy and they all had to say something.

I'm an Alabama fan first, so that excuse won't fly. I've had my experience with Miami fans first hand, and in 1992 when Alabama fans listened to the "swaggering", and bragging from all Miami fans before the Jan. 1, 1993 National Championship game between Bama and the 'Canes it was sickening. "Bama doesn't belong on the same field with Miami, and the 'Canes are going to run up the score on you hillbillies just to prove our point".

Bama players didn't talk. But they did listen. And the more the Miami players bragged, the more bulletin board material it gave coach Gene Stallings and the Crimson Tide. The "Ghetto Swagger" was silenced that day to the tune of a final score of 34-13 in favor of Alabama.

Thug U was put in its place. Games are won on the field, not in the media or out of the mouths of overconfident "asswipes" like the Miami Hurricames were in 1992. And when all this talk about the U getting its "swagger" back, that's what it made me think of...1992 National Champion Alabama Crimson Tide.

Here's a little reminder of one of the outstanding plays from that game.

When Va. Tech played Alabama in the 2009 Chick-Fil-A Bowl, I didn't hear one person on either side talking a lot of smack. Before the 1993 Sugar Bowl, media people and Miami players were well known for their bragging. Here's a sample...one of my all time favorite videos. The voice at the beginning is Paul "Bear" Bryant.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=36898656

Here's something for you 'horn fan...

VT is 1-0 vs. Ol' Tex University...

BTW, nice win against the Texas St. Armadillos last night...

Here's something for you 'horn fan...

VT is 1-0 vs. Ol' Tex University...

BTW, nice win against the Texas St. Armadillos last night...

and that was what? back in '95??? if the Hokies were good enough to get into the bowls that Texas gets to then we would see the Hokies get destroyed. but you gotta get to the BCS bowls in order to play Texas in a bowl game.

and that was what? back in '95??? if the Hokies were good enough to get into the bowls that Texas gets to then we would see the Hokies get destroyed. but you gotta get to the BCS bowls in order to play Texas in a bowl game.

Yes it was and here's another fact for you, just like everything else I've posted on this board...

The mighty Ole Tex 'horns have never beaten the Hokies...and the media "talking heads" and Ole Tex fans ran their mouths in '95 just as loud as the "talking heads" and Miami fans did THIS year...same results...a good old fashioned woodshedding...Hokie style...

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/stats/showstats.html?5904

Hasn't VT went to a BCS bowl last two or three years?

Guest BEAVERTAIL
have they been good enough to play in the same BCS bowls that Texas has in those same past two or three years????

You mean the Alamo (2006) or the Holliday (2007)???????

and every single one of you VT fans has shown why i hate VT so much. Gman made another post talking about an "asswipe from Miami". well VT fans are the biggest, most arrogant, ignorant asswipes. if you don't see things their way, you are wrong. simple as that....................... i was trying to give everyone a non-biased point of view and of course, it wasnt praising VT so i got all the VT fans all pissy and they all had to say something.

Dude, if you're a hater there's no way you can ever have a unbiased opinion......

have they been good enough to play in the same BCS bowls that Texas has in those same past two or three years????

The ACC's BCS tie-in is the Orange Bowl, so Tech doesn't have a choice of the BCS bowl they play in. I understand where you're coming from, but you're making some really bad points, which is giving you zero creditability.

Preach it brother, preach it...

Preach it brother, preach it...

Beano loses me when he throws the word "unbiased" into the discussion. It is clear that he, like all of us, have a bias when it comes to the teams we support, or hate.

I have seen all of Miami's games this year, as well as two of FSU's games and two of GA Tech's games, and I have come to this conclusion. Jacory Harris is an outstanding quarterback who is among the best in the country. GA Tech's defense failed to pressure him and their secondary coverage was poor. The FSU game showed me that Miami's defense is still not up to their own standards.

Is Miami a very good team? Yes. Did they get beaten by a better team? Yes. Was the weather a factor? No, both teams had to play in the same conditions.

Am I biased? Yes, but I know when my team has been out played and do not make excuses.

First of all, biased or "non-biased", your view of the game is simply wrong. Your hate for VT has gotten in the way of what actually happened in the game. Every article I've read (si.com, realclearsports.com) has said that Virginia Tech is the better team, plain and simple. Stewart Mandel even went as far as saying this, "But the Hokies really deserved the credit for making it happen, putting pressure on the heralded sophomore that he hadn't seen in his first two games and causing him to make critical mistakes, including a fumble that led to a touchdown after his fifth snap."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/scoreboards/2009/09/26/39702_viewcast_recap.html#ixzz0SLLICVU6

(Also included is the rest of the link to that article.)

For you to come on here and say that this game was a fluke (I paraphrase...) is absolutely false. We pushed the action, and again proved that we're the class of the ACC.

Second, if you say something about my team that is false, then I am going to get pissy. I take pride in my University and the players that represent it. Their effort deserves to be defended against people like you who try to reduce their work to if's and but's.

Also, I will be, and I have been, the first to criticize the Hokies when I don't think they're performing up to their potential. But when they do, I will congratulate them on their effort and take pride in their accomplishments. And if you get in the way of their obvious accomplishments, expect to be told where you are wrong. Beano, I hope this is making sense to you.

and did i not give them credit where credit is due. every person i have talked to, VT fan or not, claims that on any other day, where Miami and VT both bring their A game's, VT would not have come out on top. and my opinion is unbiased (i realize now that i used the wrong word lol) i do not hate VT athletics, i do not like Miami athletics, it's most of the FANS i hate from VT, most have the attitude, our team is best, no one can compare, if they play bad it's someone else's fault. just my view on things. and Gman, i know you think i have no credibility at all, and i dont care, and i know if i make a jab at you i will be banned for a few days, so i will not say what is on my mind about your jab. if it were the other way around however, and someone said you had no credibility im sure they wouldnt be around a few days. notice i didnt say you had no credibility, i just said if someone were to say it they would probably get banned. so i am in no way stirring up controversy with you, nor have i ever. however since i downed VT, you start controversy and hostilities with me. so be it.