Congrats Richlands

saturn125

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was standing at the far end of the endzone on the line, the official was about 5 yards inside the endzone watching if the pass was caught....he had both feet out of bounds but the official was watching to see if the pass was caught, not where he landed. You can say what you want about the penaltys but every Richlands offensive lineman had a fist full of Lebanon jersey practically every play, not to mention all the uncalled chop blocks. I guess it all depends on which side of the coin you're on as to how you see every penalty. I didn't see any relaxing by the Richlands defense, they were tired but not relaxed. But the game is over, if it makes you feel better about your team to make excuses for a team to hang up 32 points on them.....carry on. I wasn't happy to see somebody hang up 46 on my team, I'll make no excuses for it except that Richlands had superior speed and could get outside.

You guys are far and away the best team with the exception being gate city and that is too close to for me to pick between the 2 teams. Man what a game that was Leb showed up and was as good as they have been advertised to be I have no clue how you guys lost to the bulldogs other than it was a fluke night. What a hard hitting ball game between 2 teams that are looking to go very deep into the playoffs the only thing i wish is that the refs had kept that hankee in there pocket a little more the flags were on the verge of making me sick. Horrible calls for both sides and a ton of them and then they miss the actual calls makes no sense to me what so ever all i can hope for is that either Richlands or Leb takes that tape and hands it to the VHSL so that the crew that was doing tonights game does not get a playoff game. We can not allow such terrible refs calling playoff games. Once again hard fought game between the 2 teams wish you the best of luck the rest of the season and we will see you again next year.

Was a fluke? You just don't know what Tazewell team is going to show up!

I was standing at the far end of the endzone on the line, the official was about 5 yards inside the endzone watching if the pass was caught....he had both feet out of bounds but the official was watching to see if the pass was caught, not where he landed.

As I've said before you are wrong.... I was standing on the Richlands side dead looking down the boundary line with 3 friends, looking right at the fellows feet. He got his foot in as he came down with the pass. As he came down could see the ref on the other side of him raising his hands for the TD.

As far as the score I guess it would have made you happy if we had keep using the speed attack and put about 20 more points on you, oops we've done been thru that. Be happy.

Haha......you're wrong!! But, it doesn't matter. Plus, I've been to enough Lebanon - Richlands games to know if Mance could have put up 20 more....he would have. Richlands was having trouble doing anything without a penalty, I guess it just depends on how many times you get caught as to how many points you put up. I guess it is true......apparently Richlands can do no wrong......even if they get caught. I've never seen people take a win so hard! Try to get over yourself and be very thankful for the so-called "tranfers", that's the only "speed" you've got and it had to come from another state.

Edited by clodhopper

We will take the "W" no matter if its by 1 or 30. Reason some of us are taking it alittle hard we would like to see all the self stopping penal. It kills drives and maintains drives just like the other night, you can't give your opp. 40 yds on drives cause they will score with it. Hell Leb didn't have to do much work at all on a couple of drives to come away with 7. We just want to see our Blues clicking on all cyclinders on D and O come playoff time, because usually in the town of Richlands if you don't play 4 games in the playoffs its a let down. With both sides of the ball clicking to there potential and minimized pen's. this is a very very good football team.

Haha......you're wrong!! But, it doesn't matter. Plus, I've been to enough Lebanon - Richlands games to know if Mance could have put up 20 more....he would have. Richlands was having trouble doing anything without a penalty, I guess it just depends on how many times you get caught as to how many points you put up. I guess it is true......apparently Richlands can do no wrong......even if they get caught. I've never seen people take a win so hard! Try to get over yourself and be very thankful for the so-called "tranfers", that's the only "speed" you've got and it had to come from another state.

I think in the earlier games to which you refer......Lebanon wasn't the quality of team they are today.....reason for the lopsided scores.

Yes, penalties affected both teams......but the game is over. Mance in the post game interview talked about Lebanon and what a quality team they were.....(not "Holtz" coach speak....geniune comments about Lebanon's very good squad.)

Richlands does have speed in Bradley Strong....he's back there w/A. Johnson in returns. The one thing in all of this, the Richlands' coaching staff takes whatever players they have on the team and makes it work to the benefit of team success. Sometimes, it's not "pretty" but, they don't award style points on "pretty" to my knowledge.

I hope this convo tones down from both sides b/c it diminishes and takes away from the quality of teams that Richlands and Lebanon have put on the field this year.

Neither one has to defend their program.....their "game" on the field speaks volumes for both.

Who scored the first TD on you guys......Bradley Strong on a flare pass and he out ran the entire Lebanon defense. Good thing we got all that speed from out of state. What a joke!!

I guess all those other years that Richlands has blown everyone out they had transfers then as well. What is everyones excuse for those years. The last time I checked Matt Davis, Austin Fuller, Shane Wicks, Romolo Fajardo Caleb Jennings, Justin McCracken and the list could go on forever, all Richlands Boys Born and Bred. I think if the johnsons weren't there we would still be running for a 6 straight SWD title.

Lets give little Fajardo some credit for his Defence. That makes 2 different games he has been matched up aganist one on one on the outside aganist players twice his size and has not give up anything to them.

Refs. kept Leb in the game first half could have gotten ugly then.clodhopper take the lose and move on.Hate to be this way but people like you bring out the redneck in me.go ahead and put a big L on next years schedule.Go Big Blue!!

Give them refs some credit to. According to some on this board they kept most of the drives alive by throwing flags. I think one of them even caught a pass for a touchdown. It would have been maybe 7 to nothing if the refs had scored the rest of them touchdowns and made all of them tackles. They must have transferred from Big Creek to beat Lebanon. I bet it is all a big conspiracy that started with Kennedy.

Was a fluke? You just don't know what Tazewell team is going to show up!

The only one i seen is the one that played Richlands i would have thought that you guys would play your best ball against us I guess not guess you used it all up against leb haha. From the sounds of it the same team that played Richlands played the G-men and honaker for the first half.

Guys lets move on it must be a thing down there in leb for them to not be able to take a loss easy even there coach with his comment "those WV players are pretty good" give me a break. People move its as simple as that get over it no one knows what might happen people have to go where the work is no ones fault at all if that happens and you expect the kids to quit playing the sport they love just because they go to another school. Please that is one of the dumbest things i have ever heard.

Lets give little Fajardo some credit for his Defence. That makes 2 different games he has been matched up aganist one on one on the outside aganist players twice his size and has not give up anything to them.

Kudos, he is an outstanding DB--just like big brother Romy. Has a diligent work ethic and plays well beyond his size.

Life has many choices---eternity two

I bet the young man in blue in that pic would love to go back to that day and change some things.

There are two different colors of blue in the pic......I know it's not the dark blue.... so you must be talking about the light blue.

Edited by trublue