Grundy vs Richlands

Nadoball

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that it will be around a 3 TD advantage for Richlands. Grundy is not that great, but they do have some talent there. They have speed and awareness on defense but is still pretty easy to run on them. They defend the pass pretty well. Since it is at RHS I dont see there being any problems beating them.

grundy upsets richlands with lack of discipline and turnovers from the richlands sideline...Grundy has good wide recievers and a decent qb that can spread around the ball along with a feature back to compliment their pass although their defense will needa step up i think grundy will get a big upset regardless of lack of confidence from onlookers

Edited by Pick_Six_27

grundy upsets richlands with lack of discipline and turnovers from the richlands sideline...

Are you joking lack of discipline from the sideline. Grundy better not let the blues get up early or it could be along night.

I just hope Grundy comes out playing there hardest and playing to the best of there abilites. From what most the players say, there already guarnteed a spot in the playoffs but im not for sure if thats correct. I just hope they don't go into this week game with the mindset "well we have already won a district game and got a spot in the playoffs, plus Richlands has more talent than us anyways." They need to go in with the mindset "This is Richalnds, who thinks there better than us and I have beat us like 9 years in a row (im not for sure how long it is.) Time to get back at them in front of there home town. There no better than us anyways"

I just hope they can keep it a intresting ball game, but pulling off the upset would be awesome.

Go Wave.

I dont even remember the last time Grundy beat Richlands? Does anyone else?

I think it would have been in the late 90's, not positive about that. It would be a 100% miracle for Grundy to beat the Blues this week. The Blues would have to have 10 turnovers for that to happen.

I really hope this is grundy's year but for some reason richlands has some kind of vodoo against us. My jr yr. i think it was we were 9-1 and richlands was 2-8 i think and our one loss was to them. Just became some sort of mindset. Really hope Grundy can hang in this one, if its close at the end i think Grundy can pull it out. Been in to many close games this year may prove big if that happens

Wrong. 1997 Luke Owens senior year. Marcus Stiltner interception sealed the deal! Played at Richlands.

oh yeah...i remember that game...wow...forgot all about that one.

I'm glad to see Grundy do well this year and I wish them the best in the playoffs but, with that said, the game is at Ernie Hicks and Grundy hasn't beaten Richlands in 9 or 10 years. They lost to Abingdon, and I just don't think they have the speed to stay with Richlands on the turf.

I know they have a great running back, but they just don't have the team speed to stay with our backs and our receivers. Our D speed is good also and I just don't think that they can keep having sustained drives that you need to keep the ball away from the blues.

But I still want to congratulate Grundy on a good year and their first district win last week !

I'm glad to see Grundy do well this year and I wish them the best in the playoffs but, with that said, the game is at Ernie Hicks and Grundy hasn't beaten Richlands in 9 or 10 years. They lost to Abingdon, and I just don't think they have the speed to stay with Richlands on the turf.

I know they have a great running back, but they just don't have the team speed to stay with our backs and our receivers. Our D speed is good also and I just don't think that they can keep having sustained drives that you need to keep the ball away from the blues.

But I still want to congratulate Grundy on a good year and their first district win last week !

classy post

anyone know how the flu is going this week for either team? Just curious if that might play out...heard it was getting pretty bad at Richlands, but not sure about the kids on the team.

I haven't heard anything this week but a lot of the Richlands players have already been sick. Austin and Devon Johnson were sick for the Graham game, and a bunch of players had it at the Marion game.

anyone know how the flu is going this week for either team? Just curious if that might play out...heard it was getting pretty bad at Richlands, but not sure about the kids on the team.

The flu as pretty much ran its course in Tazewell County. It was bad a couple weeks ago, but as leveled off pretty well now. Last week it was bad in Buchanan County, from what I hear.