Remember the Falcons

southbound

man i wish the Abingdon people would let it go...you guys couldn't even win the district title in alot of the single A districts

why does everyone assume that "A" districts are so much weaker than the almighty "AA"??

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will I take from this season? The Falcons battled every week and gave their all. Their were 2 games I think they win if Hess plays (Tazewell and Graham), they should have beaten Burton with him. Their were several other games they would have had a chance in with Hess (Carroll, Va High, and Marion). All in all they could have won at least 7 games this season. With all that I said the Falcons battled hard every week and played their hearts out. When I remember this season the thing that I will take out of it is "What could have been?" If Hess comes back next year the Falcons could be real sleeper in the SWD. Keep your heads up Falcons and work hard in the off-season. Go Falcons!!!!

you're lou holtz and abingdon is your notre dame.... sad sad

maybe next year richlands can put the hometown of all the players in the program like a college team :D

Or just maybe, we can continue to beat the p!$$ out of everyone on the football field.

Is anyone on this board stupid enough to think that coach Mance would play an ineligable player???????

Good question? Hmm? Winning comes at a price. Have you not saw the movie "Blue Chips?" I know that is on a college level, but many people from abingdon feel there is some funny business going on down there at the high school level. Just how many transfers do you all have on your team?? (I bet you wont answer that question):D

Why all this talk about a 3-7 team? I would believe that the people of Abingdon that are concerned with their football program should be looking into how they lost to seven teams this season and only defeated three - instead of going on a Tazewell Co. internet messageboard witch hunt...

why does everyone assume that "A" districts are so much weaker than the almighty "AA"??

not saying that A districts are weaker than AA...but you have to admit that there is a dropoff in team talent between the AA to A level with the only exceptions to me being the LPD and Clinch Mountain..I was just saying that Abingdon would struggle in some A districts

Good question? Hmm? Winning comes at a price. Have you not saw the movie "Blue Chips?" I know that is on a college level, but many people from abingdon feel there is some funny business going on down there at the high school level. Just how many transfers do you all have on your team?? (I bet you wont answer that question):D

We love hearing you Whine, keep it up. Abingdon can't touch the football program that Richlands has. Whine, Whine, Whine, please Whine so more we love it.

We love hearing you Whine, keep it up. Abingdon can't touch the football program that Richlands has. Whine, Whine, Whine, please Whine so more we love it.

Quite trying to spin, I'm smarter than that. Answer the question!! "How many transfers are on your team?!"

Quite trying to spin, I'm smarter than that. Answer the question!! "How many transfers are on your team?!"

Honestly dude, we could careless how many transfers we have. Honestly Im not sure, 3,4, 5 don't know and don't care. We care about the Blues and a winning tradition. We have been winning since 04 and will continue next season.

O.K. Richlands fans .....again, thread not about you. To respond to such garbage is just adding to the silliness and of course, it's just gonna generate negative "junk" about Richlands. I repeat......you do not need to defend grown adults that have made a decision to move their families to a location of their choice. Again, just don't respond.

Honestly dude, we could careless how many transfers we have. Honestly Im not sure, 3,4, 5 don't know and don't care. We care about the Blues and a winning tradition. We have been winning since 04 and will continue next season.

I hate to tell you this but Richlands has been winning way before 2004. For you to be a true fan you may need to read about the history and tradition of the Richlands program. Can you name any players before 2004. Trust me there are many great ball players and many great wins before 2004!

I hate to tell you this but Richlands has been winning way before 2004. For you to be a true fan you may need to read about the history and tradition of the Richlands program. Can you name any players before 2004. Trust me there are many great ball players and many great wins before 2004!

I know that. I was just stating what they have done this decade.

Agree. Like when Richie Thomas coached over there, man, we miss him.

Edited by face-n-dacrowd

An open discussion is not garbage, it is a debate. But when you have players from another state is one thing, but, to get players from another district school, thats bull. Notice, no one was talking about the Graham player until I brought it up, but facts are facts. Its no secret that you guys want Hess as well. Well, you are not taking our best Falcon!!!

An open discussion is not garbage, it is a debate. But when you have players from another state is one thing, but, to get players from another district school, thats bull. Notice, no one was talking about the Graham player until I brought it up, but facts are facts. Its no secret that you guys want Hess as well. Well, you are not taking our best Falcon!!!

Why would we want Hess at Richlands to ride the bench. He will not get the start over Vance, sorry.

Nadoball, Responding to this crap ONLY CAUSES MORE CRAP!!! Please leave Falconboy alone so he can get back to stalking Marion.

Just stating that I have heard from so many people that Hess is coming to Richlands. For one thing I don't believe it and second of all I just don't think he is better than Vance. I admit Hess is a pretty good QB but not better than Vance

Just stating that I have heard from so many people that Hess is coming to Richlands. For one thing I don't believe it and second of all I just don't think he is better than Vance. I admit Hess is a pretty good QB but not better than Vance

Ya but competition is good for the heart of the team. All this talk about transfers and recruiting reminds me of when I lived in Louisana. Several school in the area where I lived including private schools always got a finger pointed at them over that "stuff". But just like this situation it is simply a good program attracting kids from areas that have subpar programs. They just want to be part of a winning team and tradition. And in some cases it comes down to kids wanting to get noticed and talked about for the next level. And in some cases kids may want to move to get an opportunity that they may not be getting in their current sitution. (i.e Parnell)

Ya but competition is good for the heart of the team. All this talk about transfers and recruiting reminds me of when I lived in Louisana. Several school in the area where I lived including private schools always got a finger pointed at them over that "stuff". But just like this situation it is simply a good program attracting kids from areas that have subpar programs. They just want to be part of a winning team and tradition. And in some cases it comes down to kids wanting to get noticed and talked about for the next level. And in some cases kids may want to move to get an opportunity that they may not be getting in their current sitution. (i.e Parnell)

I agree totally. The only thing I am arguing is would he want to come and not play? We would gladly take anyone who wanted to live and play football at Richlands. I just think it would be very hard for him to get playing time at Richlands.

I agree i have two boys that are playing for a sub-par program and both are good players that can play at the next level... So me and my wife are looking to move so they can have that chance.

Amazing that Abingdon is 3-7, done for the year, and can provoke this much controversey. Absolutely amazing. By the way, IF, Jake Hess comes to Richlands, he WILL start next year. But, this is enough. Let's focus on the playoffs and decent teams for a change. Any other posts on this thread gives credence to the allegation that everyone is jealous of and wants to be Abingdon. Therefore, if you disagree with that, let this one die! I know my username indicates otherwise, however, I have kids in Abingdon and just wish they'd focus on winter sports now.

I agree with you this thread should die, however you still throw jabs in saying Hess would definetely start. I really don't think so. I have been around Richlands Football for several years now and have watched Hess play in several games for Abingdon . I will say he is a decent quarterback but he is not accustomed to playing in big time games at Abingdon. Jack Vance albeit not in the qb position has played in many big games and is a competitor. When he has been called on to play qb he has performed extremely well. The job is Jack's to lose w/o a doubt Hess could probably hold for extra points and field goals if he could beat out Reece Strong.