HaHa!!! Bobby Wyatt...

GMan

What i got upset over was the fact that lockhart went down there right before the game started to stand with his teammates and the coach told him to hit the stands did not want him down there. Scuffle broke out between lockharts dad and the coach it was a mess. If i had to guess after last night the dogs have seen the last of coach wyatt.

tell lockhart he can come to richlands and play next year...we might be able to use him as a holder for the extra points....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i got upset over was the fact that lockhart went down there right before the game started to stand with his teammates and the coach told him to hit the stands did not want him down there. Scuffle broke out between lockharts dad and the coach it was a mess. If i had to guess after last night the dogs have seen the last of coach wyatt.

Maybe if the daddy hadn't come out of the stands a couple of weeks ago to tell Wyatt to take his son out of the game when there was nothing physically wrong with him then maybe he might have been allowed on the bench. I don't blame Wyatt. Either you are on the team or you are not. I see the parents are still trying to run the show in Tazewell.

Maybe if the daddy hadn't come out of the stands a couple of weeks ago to tell Wyatt to take his son out of the game when there was nothing physically wrong with him then maybe he might have been allowed on the bench. I don't blame Wyatt. Either you are on the team or you are not. I see the parents are still trying to run the show in Tazewell.

The problem with this comment is there was actually something wrong with Lockhart. If there are still those that do not know Lockhart's football days are over. He played the last two games with a tear in his left [throwing arm] bicep and a pulled quad in his right leg. If any of you have ever had injuries and tried to play through them you also know that you will protect or attempt to protect those injuries -- Lockhart tried to play through these and inturn magnified the injuries to his arm and leg and added a career ending back injury.

thus anyone can catch the ball including lineman!...as far as the throw wyatt actually kicked the ball through the endzone at the end of the half...lol thought i would correct u rhschamps...ha haha ha

What Coach Wyatt was arguing was that Dave Marrs was still throwing to 63 even before the ball was tipped. I was right there.

Wow!!! He's not going anywhere! Dustin Dean was in the stands as well...

Why does he send the players to the stands every time i have seen someone hurt on a team they still get to stand down on the sidelines because they are part of the TEAM. I am standing by my statement that Bobby Wyatt will not be the coach at tazewell next season.

Exactly....two ref's gave the hand signal for a tipped ball as soon as it happened...one ref didn't see it and threw a flag...the ball changed direction in the air...it went from a spiral to wobbling...it was tipped. The reason it took forever to figure it out was because the ref's were pitiful. Plus, Wyatt was out there crying about it for at least five minutes.
Exactly. I thought they gave him too much time to argue his point.

What Coach Wyatt was arguing was that Dave Marrs was still throwing to 63 even before the ball was tipped. I was right there.

It don't matter if he is throwing to 63 if the ball is tipped by a D lineman before it gets their it is leagal.

why would he be throwing to a lineman, he is a smart kid and knows that a lineman cannot receive a pass. your statement is out in left field.

why would he be throwing to a lineman, he is a smart kid and knows that a lineman cannot receive a pass. your statement is out in left field.

Well you better get over that play and worry about next week game, or you will be out in left field...

Yeah, and maybe you could come to Roanoke and sit out in left field, or on the left side of the press box, or wherever you want. Unless of course you're going to the Tazewe..... oh that's right they don't have a game this weekend.

Gotta agree with MNHokie...officiating was horrible both ways. How they put two seconds back on the clock at the end of the game was amazing? Wyatt is the biggest crybaby I've ever seen for a head coach. Tazewell played their butts off and were no where near the team they were when they got blown out at Mitchell Stadium earlier in the year. I'm really wondering if it wasn't crybaby Wyatt that put the holes in the wall at Mitchell....the players are more grown up than he is.

No, what was amazing was kneeing the ball with 4 seconds left...the clock stops with change of possession.... should've had the qb take a few steps back....then take a knee after the clock was out.

Was Lockhart a part of the team? If not, he should be in the stands...I'm confused here..I thought he wasn't playing anymore.

No, what was amazing was kneeing the ball with 4 seconds left...the clock stops with change of possession.... should've had the qb take a few steps back....then take a knee after the clock was out.

futbolking.....Marrs ran backwards for a few yards...then ran from the middle of the field to the sideline and then went down. There were 4 sec on the clock when he took the snap...no way did it only take 2 seconds to do all that running around.

Guest Moore31

the tipped pass wasn't the only thing that the coaches was mad over. grahams linebackers was cutting the fullback everytime he was leading the ball carrier.

Was Lockhart a part of the team? If not, he should be in the stands...I'm confused here..I thought he wasn't playing anymore.

I assumed he was still part of the team that was my impression now i could be wrong not sure.

Did "63" report as an elligible receiver? I know it doesn't matter...if it was tipped.

it is obvious you were not at the game or listened to it, marrs took the snap ran backwards a few yards then towards his own sidline sliding down about 3 yards from the sideline. now if you can tell me with a straight face that took only 2 seconds then you need glasses, and then marrs is the fastest person alive to do that distance in full football gear.

Someone needs to tell mnhokie that a lineman can't be 15 yards down feild on any pass play no matter who tips the ball. The vhsl website has a pdf rule book for you.

Great point: Then why did the officials not call ineligible receiver downfield ? If Tony was 15 yards downfield then a penalty should have been called. You are 100 % correct in your educated assessment. The only problem with your educated assessment is that the play was a middle screen to the fullback. David dropped back nearly 10 yards thus Tony was actually near the line of scrimmage.

great point: Then why did the officials not call ineligible receiver downfield ? If tony was 15 yards downfield then a penalty should have been called. You are 100 % correct in your educated assessment. The only problem with your educated assessment is that the play was a middle screen to the fullback. David dropped back nearly 10 yards thus tony was actually near the line of scrimmage.

good one mnhokie!!!!!!!!

Yeah, and maybe you could come to Roanoke and sit out in left field, or on the left side of the press box, or wherever you want. Unless of course you're going to the Tazewe..... oh that's right they don't have a game this weekend.

WOW! Did you have to get help writing that?

Guest Moore31
Great point: Then why did the officials not call ineligible receiver downfield ? If Tony was 15 yards downfield then a penalty should have been called. You are 100 % correct in your educated assessment. The only problem with your educated assessment is that the play was a middle screen to the fullback. David dropped back nearly 10 yards thus Tony was actually near the line of scrimmage.

the ball was 5 yards over his head and didn't get tipped until it was a couple yards past the line of scrimage

Somebody please call the WHAAAAAAAMBULANCE!!! The play was legal... no lineman was to far down field...it was tipped by the defense before it was caught...it was a legal play.

How old are you?