HaHa!!! Bobby Wyatt...

GMan

you people need to get a vhsl rule book .the ball can not be caught by a lineman down field tipped or not this is not the NFL its high school football.

VHSL does not make the rules...the NFHS makes the rules.

Found this for you...

Question: Can an offensive lineman EVER catch a forward pass?

Answer: Yes, once a forward pass is tipped/touched by the defense, then all players become eligible.

http://homepages.cae.wisc.edu/~dwilson/rfsc/intro/johnson.shtml

Scroll down to the 7th question/answer...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people just need to get over the call. either way graham won the game and that play had no factor of graham winning the game. graham was the better team and thats why they won. if people want to talk about something that almost affected the game, talk about the horrible time management during the last 2 min. but im sure tazewell people will say that it doesnt go against vhsl rules.

Guest Moore31
Yea i was surprised by that to tell the be honest and was shocked that the dogs are #2.

if you guys was actually smart you would notice that it goes by the opponents win % not the teams, all it sayys is that we have the second hardest opponents

if you guys was actually smart you would notice that it goes by the opponents win % not the teams, all it sayys is that we have the second hardest opponents

I just thought it would be something of interest to everyone I liked it I know what it is you did not have to tell me that is why i posted it by no means was i saying tazewell had the 2nd hardest schedule in the state.

"if you guys WERE smart"....gosh, is that what SOS means....I thought they were talking about distress signals sent :) jk

(Sorry, for departing from the subject of this thread)

people just need to get over the call. either way graham won the game and that play had no factor of graham winning the game. graham was the better team and thats why they won. if people want to talk about something that almost affected the game, talk about the horrible time management during the last 2 min. but im sure tazewell people will say that it doesnt go against vhsl rules.

I think it's more about people acting like they know the rules without actually looking them up....

I think it's more about people acting like they know the rules without actually looking them up....

We are going to say this one more time GO LOOK IT UP A TIPPED PASS CAN BE CAUGHT BY ANYONE. Once that pass is tipped the defender and knock the WR and give him no chance to catch it and it will not be called. Once the pass is tipped it is a free ball for everyone.

We are going to say this one more time GO LOOK IT UP A TIPPED PASS CAN BE CAUGHT BY ANYONE. Once that pass is tipped the defender and knock the WR and give him no chance to catch it and it will not be called. Once the pass is tipped it is a free ball for everyone.

I believe you need to clarify "tipped". A ineligible offensive player can only catch a pass after it has been tipped by someone from the defense. Your statement, "Once the pass is tipped it is a free ball for everyone" is really false. The tipped pass is a free ball for everyone only after it is tipped by someone from the defense.

Rule 7-5 Art.13 -- An ineligible A player has illegally touched a forward pass if he bats, muffs, or catches a legal forward pass, unless the pass has FIRST been touched by B.

A = offense

B = defense

I believe you need to clarify "tipped". A ineligible offensive player can only catch a pass after it has been tipped by someone from the defense. Your statement, "Once the pass is tipped it is a free ball for everyone" is really false. The tipped pass is a free ball for everyone only after it is tipped by someone from the defense.

Rule 7-5 Art.13 -- An ineligible A player has illegally touched a forward pass if he bats, muffs, or catches a legal forward pass, unless the pass has FIRST been touched by B.

A = offense

B = defense

Thank you i should have included that when i was posting.

Also, I saw earlier in the thread asking if a lineman reported as an eligible. That has no bearing on NFHS rules. Anyone wearing an ineligible number in HS cannot receive a forward pass unless it has been touched by the defense.

Guest Moore31

The tipped pass wasn't the only thing that the coaches was mad over. grahams linebackers was cutting the fullback everytime he was leading the ball carrier.