Richlands @ Cave Spring

BigD4VT

LOL you are right I do love that one even more come on people i want you to explain to me the change of heart hahaha.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your referring to my post I said 500-750 and was using approx numbers of SW VA vs River Ridge which most are aprox. 1100-1250.

Cave Spring is the smallest River Ridge school. I think I saw somewhere they're in the 800's while all the rest are over the 1000 mark.

If each team in the RIver Ridge played their counter part in the SWD then RR would win every game. For instance #1 Salem would beat #1 Richlands IMO. Each district #2 would play each other and so on. On paper I think it's safe to say that the RR would win every game. It must be mentioned that Cave is the only D3 school in the RR. Some of the SWD schools actually have single A numbers.

Richlands and Cave will be a great game that could go either way. Richlands experience gives them a great shot in this one. I was surprised when CS beat Northside earlier in the year. I thought Northside was the favorite to win the semis and go to state. Northside has tremendous speed in the backfield so CS has seen and beat speed this year. C-burg also has alot of speed.

I must say that I find it interesting that some posters point to a 42-0 CS loss to Salem but ignore their wins over Northside and C-burg. It has also been brought up that C-burg only beat a 3-7 Floyd team by 3 but yet it goes unmentioned that C-burg lost to undefeated Salem in OT. Let's take the Kool Aid glasses off and say that Cave is going to be a tough task. Every game this time of year should be. Correct? We can compare scores all day but how you line up against each other on Friday night is what matters.

If each team in the RIver Ridge played their counter part in the SWD then RR would win every game. For instance #1 Salem would beat #1 Richlands IMO. Each district #2 would play each other and so on. On paper I think it's safe to say that the RR would win every game. It must be mentioned that Cave is the only D3 school in the RR. Some of the SWD schools actually have single A numbers.

Richlands and Cave will be a great game that could go either way. Richlands experience gives them a great shot in this one. I was surprised when CS beat Northside earlier in the year. I thought Northside was the favorite to win the semis and go to state. Northside has tremendous speed in the backfield so CS has seen and beat speed this year. C-burg also has alot of speed.

I must say that I find it interesting that some posters point to a 42-0 CS loss to Salem but ignore their wins over Northside and C-burg. It has also been brought up that C-burg only beat a 3-7 Floyd team by 3 but yet it goes unmentioned that C-burg lost to undefeated Salem in OT. Let's take the Kool Aid glasses off and say that Cave is going to be a tough task. Every game this time of year should be. Correct? We can compare scores all day but how you line up against each other on Friday night is what matters.

You frogot to mention Northside turned the ball over 7 times in this game and still had a chance to win and missed a filed Goal on the last play.C-burg had 2 tds called back Cave could have been sitting at 6-4 but i guess sometimes its better to be lucky.

That's football. Every team left in the playoffs has had some tds called back and some luck along the way. Again, why are you belittling the wins of CS? Are they not a good team?

If we are going to discuss CS in that matter, then why shouldn't we ask how did Richlands lose to single A Gate City? How come they only beat a 5-6 single A Powell Valley 19-14? Gave up 32 points to single A Lebanon? Does those things matter when they line up on Friday night? Nope

Why are Richlands' fans even attempting to effect what other ppl think or believe about the Richlands program or for that matter the SWD? You'll get this same discussion every year at this time....the SWD is not equal to the programs north of us. We can't convince them otherwise, by throwing out previous stats, records, or enrollment. The only convincing is gonna be done on the "field of play". One poster on VA Preps put it best ...."the Richlands football program is the Rodney Dangerfield" in VA.

Trigger stating that most football teams have gotten breaks or "things" gone their way in some games to get where they presently are.... is correct.

Cave Spring has arrived this year and they're the next opponent for Richlands. Cave Spring has earned it, they deserve it, they believe in their program....and they will face a "mirror" opponent on the field Friday night. If Richlands wins this game, the respect factor for Richlands and the SWD is not gonna magically appear and all conversation about it will cease .....it is what it is.

The most important thing.....believe in YOUR team, work hard and put forth your best effort....the Richlands coaches and players have been very successful with this formula over the last several years.

Edited by trublue

so ur gonna say pulaski county would beat richlands?? i mean swd best rrd's worse, think about what u say

I would say by at least 14 points......

Cave Spring beat them by 7....let's see how things play out friday night.

So Pulaski would beat Richlands by at least 14?

Now here is a quote from you after Richlands beat William Fleming by 3 or 4 scores to none at the Gridorama.........

....I was just very impressed with Richlands....they have some superb athletes...and they did whip a very good William Fleming team who was loaded with athletes. #8 for Richlands is a special player. You wouldn't know by looking at him, but that guy is one heck of a ball player.

I'm a Graham fan, but I'll give credit where it is due....Richlands is the team to beat in the SWD this year...

William Fleming beat Pulaski by 18 this year........Pulaski ends the year at 2-8, but somehow in your mind would beat Richlands by 14+........I'm not too impressed with your analytical skills.....

Never got a response, so I thought I would repost....as I would like to hear the basis for futbolking's opinion

Why are Richlands' fans even attempting to effect what other ppl think or believe about the Richlands program or for that matter the SWD? You'll get this same discussion every year at this time....the SWD is not equal to the programs north of us. We can't convince them otherwise, by throwing out previous stats, records, or enrollment. The only convincing is gonna be done on the "field of play". One poster on VA Preps put it best ...."the Richlands football program is the Rodney Dangerfield" in VA.

Trigger stating that most football teams have gotten breaks or "things" gone their way in some games to get where they presently are.... is correct.

Cave Spring has arrived this year and they're the next opponent for Richlands. Cave Spring has earned it, they deserve it, they believe in their program....and they will face a "mirror" opponent on the field Friday night. If Richlands wins this game, the respect factor for Richlands and the SWD is not gonna magically appear and all conversation about it will cease .....it is what it is.

The most important thing.....believe in YOUR team, work hard and put forth your best effort....the Richlands coaches and players have been very successful with this formula over the last several years.

I have in no way dissrespected Richlnads. Richlands has proven their worth over the years. No one can debate that. In fact, I see fans questioning the worth of the River Ridge when questioning why did C-burg do this and CS won because of turnovers and such. Other than Richlands the SWD is viewed as a very weak AA distict right now. Being mostly a D3 district and having teams "play up", will get you that opinion when talking to RR and Seminole fans.

Another discussion is the schedule of Richlands. Being a single A fan I know how good Gate City, Powell Velley, and Lebanon can be. I also understand the scheduling difficuties that Richlands must face due to their location. Richlands plays some good smashmouth teams every year. It would be very hard to shedule even 2 RR teams because of traveling. I wish I could go to every region championship this Friday but it's not going to happen.

I don't think anyone can run on Richland's Defense they are too fast. The only weakness I see that they might have is their pass defense. I don't know how tall CS recivers are but the RHS DBs are short. RHS has the option down to an art, if they can make that keep that working it should be a great game.

what did he say then

I said that Cave had been at the bottom of the RR for years...they proved me wrong...(they were about the only team I thought ANY SWD team would have a chance against....I was wrong...Richlands would finish dead last in the River Ridge this year...).

I hope they prove me wrong, but that's what I think.

I'll say CS 34...Richlands 20...

Also...Pulaski County's worst teams....can compete with Richlands best teams.

Schedule Pulaski County on your schedule year in and year out....you might go 2-8 over a 10 year period....

The entire SWD should drop to single A where they belong.

So Pulaski would beat Richlands by at least 14?

Now here is a quote from you after Richlands beat William Fleming by 3 or 4 scores to none at the Gridorama.........

William Fleming beat Pulaski by 18 this year........Pulaski ends the year at 2-8, but somehow in your mind would beat Richlands by 14+........I'm not too impressed with your analytical skills.....

Never got a response, so I thought I would repost....as I would like to hear the basis for futbolking's opinion

I said Richlands was the best team in the "SWD" this year...they would finish last in the River Ridge this year....in my opinion. You're comparing apples to oranges...or should I say lemons to oranges...and unlike you...I do not compare scrimmage scores to actual game scores.

I'm not trying to disrespect Richlands...obviously, they are the best in their district. I just think the River Ridge is loaded with quality teams this year and it will show....Cave Spring didn't go 8-2 by beating up on the likes of a patsy SWD and single A schedule (and it will show on friday).

I would like to see Richlands win, but I don't see it happening.....I am sorry that my opinion about who is a better team and which is a better district cuts you so deeply. Try not to take somebody's opinion so personally, I mean no disrespect.

In short RiverRidge > SouthWest.....by a longshot.

Edited by futbolking

I said that Cave had been at the bottom of the RR for years...they proved me wrong...(they were about the only team I thought ANY SWD team would have a chance against....I was wrong...Richlands would finish dead last in the River Ridge this year...).

I hope they prove me wrong, but that's what I think.

I'll say CS 34...Richlands 20...

Also...Pulaski County's worst teams....can compete with Richlands best teams.

Schedule Pulaski County on your schedule year in and year out....you might go 2-8 over a 10 year period....

The entire SWD should drop to single A where they belong.

We played Pulaski just a couple of seasons ago can not remember but i think it was the first game of the season beat them 35-0 if i am not mistaken