Tough loss for Richlands tonight, but........

CPF

Congrats on another great season Richlands!

The Blues will be TOUGH next year. Mark it down!

You will have some absolute studs suiting up for them next year.

Will Lowe, Cody Thomas, Austin Johnson, Devon Johnson, Bradley Strong, the list just goes on and on and on........

Same team minus 1 on defense and 2 on offense!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

almost pulled off is the key words there! next year this. next year that give me a break. hey what's with all the name calling? you guy's must be from richlands!!!!
And you're from Tazewell. Do you really want to go there little girl? Edited by blueinbama

The General sounds mad. I'll go slow so you can understand me. Richlands will do the same thing next year as they did this year. They will win the southwest district and fold up shop and get the crying towels out. WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR!!

No, I'm all good. Just having a difficult time reading your posts. At least in this one you're getting better at putting a full sentence together. And as for next year, yep you're right just wait till next year.

I think when it is all said and done this season, Richlands will reflect on how close they were not only to another regional title, but to a state title. I think Cave Spring will strongly push for the Div. 3 crown. Think about this. I feel if the game (Richlands @ Cave Spring) was played @ Richlands it would have fell to the Blues (my opinion, and no sour grapes, CS has a GREAT team and were better at that location on that night). When looking at the point and seeding system, it comes to mind that if Honaker,Lebanon (good luck to the Pioneers) or PV had won a few more games. Richlands would have gotten the top seed and homefield advantage. I feel more than turnovers or the QB from CS ( he was a great football player by the way), our schedule was our downfall. No knock on any of these schools. I have always felt strongly about scheduling AA or AAA teams from the Roanoke valley. Or heck bring back Bluefield, they are a quality playoff opponent year after year. It seems that Richlands (year in and year out) have the tendency to play up or down to their opponent's level. Just my 2 cents. I am proud that we have a GREAT program. I can see why now everyone is down on Salem. When you are consistantly at the top, everyone wants your seat.

Roanoke teams won't come to Richlands. They have no reason to. Richlands would've had home field if Carroll County had given a little effort against Graham. I agree though, Richlands wins that game at home.

I expect Cave Spring to lose Saturday. They were celebrating like they had already won state, plus they beat Northside earlier this year... So I think they're already busy thinking about Blacksburg. Don't get me wrong, I hope they win it all... but I don't think they will.

richlands could'nt play mumbly peg much less football. they are great playing the teams of the southwest district after that they got nothing. richland fans can cry until next year but, it will come out the same.
If they can't play outside the SWD then how come they beat Rockbridge Co. in the state championship? in 06....you really need to read and think before you post.

Who is on the other side of the bracket? I'd say some really good teams that probably wouldn't have to much trouble beating Caver Spring perhaps.

If any team makes it to the state final. That team is capable of winning it. I have never seen a BAD team in the state finals, regardless of division. And the last I heard Handley did not want to play Richlands. They are on "the other side of the bracket." Statements like that brew thoughts that AA football is better on that side of the state. AAA maybe, AA not so.

If any team makes it to the state final. That team is capable of winning it. I have never seen a BAD team in the state finals, regardless of division. And the last I heard Handley did not want to play Richlands. They are on "the other side of the bracket." Statements like that brew thoughts that AA football is better on that side of the state. AAA maybe, AA not so.

3/4 of the AAA schools in the state come from "that side of the state". I was just wondering who the other two schools were. I know there are some very good teams in the Charlottesville and Jamestown areas.

You heard that Handley did not want to play Richlands? Last time I checked, Handley was the only team left that was undefeated. Plus they have played for and won the championship more than once. I seriously doubt they were afraid of a Richlands team that quite frankly was not nearly as good as they were in the past. Winning has made some of you delusional...........But I got a good laugh at you. That was funny..........

Roanoke teams won't come to Richlands. They have no reason to. Richlands would've had home field if Carroll County had given a little effort against Graham. I agree though, Richlands wins that game at home.

I expect Cave Spring to lose Saturday. They were celebrating like they had already won state, plus they beat Northside earlier this year... So I think they're already busy thinking about Blacksburg. Don't get me wrong, I hope they win it all... but I don't think they will.

who is cave spring playing saturday?

You heard that Handley did not want to play Richlands? Last time I checked, Handley was the only team left that was undefeated. Plus they have played for and won the championship more than once. I seriously doubt they were afraid of a Richlands team that quite frankly was not nearly as good as they were in the past. Winning has made some of you delusional...........But I got a good laugh at you. That was funny..........

I know for a fact that they had been watching tapes on the blues for months because they said that was the team the feared the most.

You are pissing a lot of people off being a smart ass trying to crack jokes about them losing in the region finals after 5 straight years. But you boys in T-Town didn't make it past the first round