Bluefield v. Wayne -- State Championship

Bluefield_Rules

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite remarkable that the Beavers are making their sixth trip to the state finals in Wheeling in the last 8 years. I am not sure the average fan fully understands the hard work and commitment required to accomplish such a remarkable feat. Congrats to the players and coaches for such hard work and dedication. My hat is off to all of them.

Thoughts, opinions, etc.? Who all is making the trip to Wheeling? I'll be there and cannot wait to make another journey north.

Count me in. Been to every game, so can't miss this one. Go Beaver!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite remarkable that the Beavers are making their sixth trip to the state finals in Wheeling in the last 8 years. I am not sure the average fan fully understands the hard work and commitment required to accomplish such a remarkable feat. Congrats to the players and coaches for such hard work and dedication. My hat is off to all of them.

the beavers are a remarkable program with great pride and tradition......you will not find a big picture on the wall of a team that only won 1 playoff game....only state champions are on the bluefield wall..........and there are plenty of them too........good luck to coach simon, his staff and all the beavers past, present and future....your program is admired and respected by many.

Bluefield - Wayne...I don't know anything about WV football beyond these two hook up in big games a lot ...lol...I am amazed that Bluefield was able to make it back to State again this year...they picked a great time to get hot...lol. I sure hope they can bring it home...would be an awesome ending to a crazy season.

Personally having a bias opinion of being a beaver supporter all my life the game will be close friday night but i think that when push comes to shuv bluefield will dig deep as they usually do. Friday will be coach simons fourth championship if all goes well. Its very important to these boys and coaches they have all worked extremely hard since januarury 2nd and should be rewarded for it. GO BEAVERS

I'm thinking about coming up for this one. I haven't been able to attend a Bluefield Championship game since '84. That game was played in Charleston.

In hours, how far is Wheeling from Bluefield? I know it's in the upper part of the state.

Hmmmm........

Wow! Just wow!

I'm thinking about coming up for this one. I haven't been able to attend a Bluefield Championship game since '84. That game was played in Charleston.

In hours, how far is Wheeling from Bluefield? I know it's in the upper part of the state.

Hmmmm........

If you drive carefully with stops, around 6.

It's a long trip for certain even from bluefield. I've estimated that since they've been in aa, this is their 9th trip to wheeling, even though it's almost 6 hours, round to 5 for easy math, 10 hours round trip, x9 is 90 hours of travel, you can drive to ca. in 40 some from here.

That's almost if not the equivalent of coast to coast to coast travel to and from the title games for bluefield.