2010 SWD talk...

Lance

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the Distric who will challlange Richlands for the swd title this year.

This just in no one will, they have the trophy already to hand over to them, they are set to inscribe there name on next week!

This just in no one will, they have the trophy already to hand over to them, they are set to inscribe there name on next week!

Sounds like you are waving the white flag already. Always the first to point fingers at everyone else for the lack of success at Tazewell. I am going to let you in on a little secret. Richlands has been kicking Tazewell's tail in football since 1991. That encompasses the time that you got your tail handed to you in the mid-nineties. All those sour grapes. My suggestion is if you are drinking some "whine" avoid the red and white varieties and try some BLUE! Oh and by the way, Richlands has not been receiving transfers on a regular basis since 1991. That means that 99% of the time it has been "ours" kicking "yours." If that lonely chill of losing has penetrated your bones, 52, then accept my invitation and sit among the Bluenecks at ole Ernie. We may even include you in on your "trophy presentation."

Sounds like you are waving the white flag already. Always the first to point fingers at everyone else for the lack of success at Tazewell. I am going to let you in on a little secret. Richlands has been kicking Tazewell's tail in football since 1991. That encompasses the time that you got your tail handed to you in the mid-nineties. All those sour grapes. My suggestion is if you are drinking some "whine" avoid the red and white varieties and try some BLUE! Oh and by the way, Richlands has not been receiving transfers on a regular basis since 1991. That means that 99% of the time it has been "ours" kicking "yours." If that lonely chill of losing has penetrated your bones, 52, then accept my invitation and sit among the Bluenecks at ole Ernie. We may even include you in on your "trophy presentation."

Yeah keep dreaming!

very true, very true

Wonder how many kids ever transfered to Tazewell to play baseball. I believe there is a Pro pitcher out there that was from a different school zone that went to Tazewell. I heard he came there because of the great baseball program, go figure.

Billy Wagner came to Tazewell because the cousin he was living with came to Tazewell. The baseball program at the time Billy was in high school was good - but it did not have the facilities or the reputation that it has now. Billy has helped make that reputation. Billy was a bulldog because that was where his aunt and uncle choose for him and his cousins to come -- it made sense -- they worked in Tazewell and could be closer to their children. However, I will say that Billy is probably very thankful that he was able to play for a class act like Lou Peery who helped him get into college as he has so many over the years.

As for Lockhart moving to Richlands -- I completely understand why he did it.

Billy Wagner came to Tazewell because the cousin he was living with came to Tazewell. The baseball program at the time Billy was in high school was good - but it did not have the facilities or the reputation that it has now. Billy has helped make that reputation. Billy was a bulldog because that was where his aunt and uncle choose for him and his cousins to come -- it made sense -- they worked in Tazewell and could be closer to their children. However, I will say that Billy is probably very thankful that he was able to play for a class act like Lou Peery who helped him get into college as he has so many over the years.

As for Lockhart moving to Richlands -- I completely understand why he did it.

but isnt he gonna be a 19 year old senior and too old to play? least i have heard that anyway. im pretty sure even though tyler crouse was a senior he was younger than cody. anyway i dunno

As long as your 18 on Sept. 30th. Maybe if coach Wyatt was half the coach that Lou Peery is players would not look else where. Believe me I know first hand Tazewell coaches do not lift a finger to help their players go to the next level.

As long as your 18 on Sept. 30th. Maybe if coach Wyatt was half the coach that Lou Peery is players would not look else where. Believe me I know first hand Tazewell coaches do not lift a finger to help their players go to the next level.

Thank you bark1time I always wornder what the date was .

Coach Marrs is the best coach for getting a player to the next level just look at all the players in the past that went on to play and he has 4 going on to play after last season possibly D1

The thing i dont understand is that i thought Lockhart had an injury that was gonna keep him from playin football. If thats true, then i dont quite understand the logic behind this move. Dont you think he would stay to play for a quality baseball program?

Just my .02 cents: Ive grew up and played with lockhart all my life. He's a good kid and while i dont quite understand the move, i wish him luck. If he does get to play football, he's playin for the top of the line around here. And for people on this board to down talk him, it just doesnt make sense. This is a kid thats just tryin to better himself and get to the next level.

The thing i dont understand is that i thought Lockhart had an injury that was gonna keep him from playin football. If thats true, then i dont quite understand the logic behind this move. Dont you think he would stay to play for a quality baseball program?

Just my .02 cents: Ive grew up and played with lockhart all my life. He's a good kid and while i dont quite understand the move, i wish him luck. If he does get to play football, he's playin for the top of the line around here. And for people on this board to down talk him, it just doesnt make sense. This is a kid thats just tryin to better himself and get to the next level.

Very classy post, Tax. Maybe you would like to be a NADO? Just a thought!!

I'm sure it was a difficult decision for Lockhart to leave a top quality Baseball program. But I also know that Coach Peery will support Cody's decision and will help him anyway possible to get to the next level. After all, he represents Tazewell County!!! Unlike the Tazewell Coaches and Boosters who are more involved in politics!! It's a shame they have so much control!! Like I mentioned before,that program did not help one particluar athlete reach the next level what so ever!!!

Very classy post, Tax. Maybe you would like to be a NADO? Just a thought!!

Cant do it man. I bark and bite.....not blow. haha. I apologize, but it had to be done. Just a joke, just a joke haha

Cant do it man. I bark and bite.....not blow. haha. I apologize, but it had to be done. Just a joke, just a joke haha

That's cool, I find nothing wrong with some good ole "jawin" between rivals. Its part of the fun of being a part of something special like the Tazewell/Richlands rivalry. I played for Richlands way back in the day and it hasn't change on bit and love it that way.

I'm sure it was a difficult decision for Lockhart to leave a top quality Baseball program. But I also know that Coach Peery will support Cody's decision and will help him anyway possible to get to the next level. After all, he represents Tazewell County!!! Unlike the Tazewell Coaches and Boosters who are more involved in politics!! It's a shame they have so much control!! Like I mentioned before,that program did not help one particluar athlete reach the next level what so ever!!!

One problem with players going to the next level is they first need to have the talent to play at the next level. No coach, from anywhere can help you move on if you aren't good enough. Even if they don't help if you want to play in college bad enough there are enough resources to get yourself there. Plus if you're good enough you don't need help colleges come to you.

One problem with players going to the next level is they first need to have the talent to play at the next level. No coach, from anywhere can help you move on if you aren't good enough. Even if they don't help if you want to play in college bad enough there are enough resources to get yourself there. Plus if you're good enough you don't need help colleges come to you.

first thing you have to have is good grades...when the people from Miami were looking at Marcum, the first thing they wanted to know is how are his grades...not 40 time...not yards per carry...no how many TD"s did you have...first thing they asked was how are his grades...kinda shocked me at the time.

So any of you guys that think you want to move on, better take care of business in the classroom as well as on the field...trust me it matters.