Richlands/Grundy (Boys) Region IV-!st Round

tbgfan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand corrected. I truly hate to see Gunner end his career at Richlands that way..

It was not a double technical. Kelly was called for a foul, mcgee threw the ball in Kelly's face for a technical. Richlands shot a one and one, grundy shot two technical free throws. No one from Grundy got a technical.

I also stand corrected thank you but It is sad to see such a good athelete end it in such a horrible fashion

You got to remember they are kids. It is the parents who once again are showing they are not mature enough to handle adversity.

This what happens when you have a game where the refs are letting so much nonsense go on....There were bad calls against both teams last night and the guys just let there fustration out....It should not have happened as for the fight in the stands I didn't stay to see it...Took my 4 year old child and left....I know Richlands players shouldn't have acted the way they did but we shouldn't be hard on them because we all let frustration get the best of us sometimes....

I have a problem with the idea that just because refs make questionable calls that players can let their frustrations out. Bad calls are part of the game. Well coached teams are taught there are many nights where you have to win in spite of the refs.

Sadly, the behavior of the Richlands players and fans will only hurt their reputation for sportsmanship. (For those Richlands fans that I know who show class, win or lose, you have my continued respect.) The poor sportsman in all of our communities give us black eyes.

At first I thought it was like the incident a fewyears ago when Jeff altizer got pushe. Off the bench in Grundy...I stood corrected

how would it have been an incident like that when it was on the complete opposite side of the Gymnasium?

I know Richlands players shouldn't have acted the way they did but we shouldn't be hard on them because we all let frustration get the best of us sometimes....

I hate the defense of "well they're high school and don't know any better;" that's total and absolute garbage. Once an individual enters high school they know, or at least should know how to act. A lack of accountability, and parenting, is a major reason we have the crime rates we have in this country. If that was my child and he behaved like that, he wouldn't play another minute of organized sports until at least the next academic school year. Where was the Richlands' coaching staff in all of this?

The problem when things like this happen in front of a large crowd (most of whom couldn't/didn't see what happened) is it gets blown way out of proportion in a hurry. Read olewave's post in this thread and you will know exactly what happened. The incident on the court happened literally right in front of me. It was uncalled for and it will be dealt with, if it hasn't been already.

The incident in the stands involved TWO people and was ended very quickly by the RPD. There was no riot, and nothing "spilled into the parking lot" as Lloyd Combs said in the paper. The gentleman who was pushed down went outside to collect himself and apparently fainted. The people seen rushing outside were his family and others with medical training who went to help him. He's fine now.

I'm still scratching me head about what Overton did, but he was immediately removed from the game and the gym by the Richlands coaching staff... So that's where they were "when all this happened." I don't know what got into him but I do know he's a good kid.

how would it have been an incident like that when it was on the complete opposite side of the Gymnasium?

I thought at first that the fight was between a richlands guy and A Grundy guy