Official 2010 Atlanta Braves thread

bluefieldRocks

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the talk at these days?

Braves are .5 up in the Wild Card with 5 games to go. Feels like a funeral in this thread.

I cant speak for everyone, but I myself am afraid to get my hopes up. A half game up, at this point, means nothing...especially when we have 3 games remaining against the Phillies.

Hopefully the Phills win one more game before we play them, that way they will clinch the best record in the NL, and then maybe they will sit some of their guys against us.

Edited by BigBlueAlum

I cant speak for everyone, but I myself am afraid to get my hopes up. A half game up, at this point, means nothing...especially when we have 3 games remaining against the Phils.

I expect teh Phills to rest several players in that series. I wouldnt be suprised if you guys sweep us in that series.

It'd be a nice gesture. :)

I agree. If the braves need 3 wins to make it to the playoffs, I would let em get it if I were the Phills. What do they have to lose? Your resting players, getting backups valuable playing time, We are far enough ahead that we are gonan have homefield. I want Cox in the playoffs. Just seems it should be that way.

If I'm Philly, I want Atlanta in the playoffs over SF or SD b/c of all the injured Brave players.

Philly already knows they can sweep the Braves if needed...so why risk it against SF or SD? Looking more like SD these days as SF has pulled away here the last couple of days. If I'm Philly, I'd want the Braves in though over either of the other two.

I agree. If the braves need 3 wins to make it to the playoffs, I would let em get it if I were the Phills. What do they have to lose? Your resting players, getting backups valuable playing time, We are far enough ahead that we are gonan have homefield. I want Cox in the playoffs. Just seems it should be that way.

They haven't sealed up home field as of yet. I mean it looks like they will certainly get it, but until they do, they will still be trying to win. They need one more win, or the Giants need one more lose. That's why I'm hoping they win against the Nats tonight...then they will have nothing else to play for.

They haven't sealed up home field as of yet. I mean it looks like they will certainly get it, but until they do, they will still be trying to win. They need one more win, or the Giants need one more lose. That's why I'm hoping they win against the Nats tonight...then they will have nothing else to play for.

Ah. I dont have ESPN currently so I was going off what my buddy told me. My bad...and/or Im sorry. haha Have you seen that commercial? With the turtles talking about internet?

The Phillies wrapped up home-field throughout the playoffs with their win on Monday night over the Nats.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=300927120

The Phillies have the league's best record and are assured of home-field advantage throughout the postseason -- the NL won the All-Star Game, remember -- although it's still uncertain which team they'll face next week in the division series.

The Phillies wrapped up home-field throughout the playoffs with their win on Monday night over the Nats.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=300927120

Hmmm...I was just going by records.

The Phillies have 94 wins with 4 games remaining. If they lose out they would end up with 94 wins.

The Giants have 89 wins with 5 games remaining. If they win out they would end up with 94 wins.

I guess the Phills have the tie breaker. But from what I can see the season series is tied between the two teams at 3-3.

Beats me.

Shoot, for a Braves thread, there's sure a lot of talk about the Phillies...

The Braves have won 3-in-a-row, and now hold a 1.5 game lead on the Padres with just 3 games to go.

If the Braves take 2 of 3, they can do no worse than a one-game playoff.

Guys, NOW is the time to get genuinely excited, especially facing the Phillies, who should be resting guys.

Where's the spirit? Especially for people who were ready to pop the champagne cork in July...

The Braves have won 3-in-a-row, and now hold a 1.5 game lead on the Padres with just 3 games to go.

Guys, NOW is the time to get genuinely excited, especially facing the Phillies, who should be resting guys.

Where's the spirit? Especially for people who were ready to pop the champagne cork in July...

I really like our chances...

I am just hoping that the Padres lose out so the Braves don't have too much pressure on them! ;)

after losing to the Nats and Pirates as much as we have lately, i dont think anyone is happy with a 1.5 game lead and needing to take 2 of 3 from the Philly's even if they are resting people. I know I'm not.

after losing to the Nats and Pirates as much as we have lately, i dont think anyone is happy with a 1.5 game lead and needing to take 2 of 3 from the Philly's even if they are resting people. I know I'm not.

Well, we have them at home. That definitely helps.

And out pitchers are throwing well right now, especially our bullpen.

So yes, I'm excited.