Official 2010 Atlanta Braves thread

bluefieldRocks

this one will be tough to get over I think Booby needs to put Glaus at 3rd and Infante at 2nd even though Glaus cant move around like he used too what would it hurt. I think you will see the braves play harder tomm night than they have all season since it could be Bobby's last game.

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, that's gotta be it, right? We can't come back from a loss like that, especially with Conrad in the field. 3 errors today, 5 errors in the past two games. I feel terrible for him, but we just can't get it done if he's our everyday guy.

We had to win every game Lincecum didn't pitch. We failed. Lincecum's a go in Game 4, right?

Never say never, but this is feeling like the end.

Conrad should be on a bus by now headed anywhere out of Atlanta...said it before...the errors are what have killed us since the all star break....why Conrad called off Heyward who had a better line coming in on that pop up than Conrad did floating out, i will never understand...then that last error was just pathetic...as a Braves fan i've never been so pissed at one of our players...this is worse than Otis Nixon trying to bunt for a hit to get the last out.

amazing....we were down to 1 strike from a win and blew it.

as a Braves fan i've never been so pissed at one of our players...this is worse than Otis Nixon trying to bunt for a hit to get the last out.

Speaking of bunt.... did you see Conrad "pop up to the 3rd baseman with his bunt last night? :eek:

3 errors in one game is pathetic. If you can't field a groundball then get down on one knee and take one off the chest. Do anything but let it get by. I have been a Braves fan for all my life and last night was embarrassing to see Conrad have three errors. The fly ball was Heywards but what was Conrad thinking by calling him off? You just can't afford mistakes like that in October.

The Phillies are playing great right now and whoever wins this series will have thier hands full. Really hope the Braves win Game 4 forcing a Game 5 in San Francisco.

Remember guys, we wouldn't be here if it weren't for Brooks Conrad. This is an excerpt taken from Dave O'Brien's most recent blog:

May 11: In his first start of the season, filling in for an injured Chipper Jones, Conrad homers and has a Web Gem in an 11-3 rout of the Milwaukee Brewers. He’d start again the next day, hit a home run and drive in four more.

May 20: Conrad caps a ninth-inning rally with a walk-off pinch-hit grand slam, giving the Braves, who trailed 9-3 entering the ninth inning, a 10-9 win over the Cincinnati Reds. It was the Braves’ third straight walk-off win and the first time a Brave hit a walk-off grand slam when down by three runs since Del Crandall in 1955.

June 12: With the score tied, 2-2 in the top of the ninth inning, Conrad successfully squeezes in a run with a bunt hit. The Braves beat the Minnesota Twins, 3-2. He was one of four players to put his team ahead with a bunt hit in the ninth inning, along with Howie Kendrick, Marco Scutaro and Chris Heisey.

July 24: Conrad snaps a 5-5 tie with an eighth-inning grand slam off Florida Marlins reliever Burke Badenhop. The Braves go on to score eight runs in the inning, rallying from 5-2 down, and go on to win, 10-5. He’s the fifth player in the last 60 years to hit two pinch-hit grand slams in the same season.

August 10: Conrad hits a go-ahead two-run home run in the ninth inning vs Matt Lindstrom. The Braves score three runs in the ninth inning and rally to beat the Houston Astros, 4-2. He became the first player to hit three go-ahead HR in the 8th inning or later off the bench since Rusty Greer for the Rangers in 1995.

August 13- With the Braves and Dodgers in a scoreless tie, Conrad homers off Hiroki Kuroda. The Braves win, 1-0. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Conrad was the fourth rookie in Braves history to win a 1-0 game with a home run.

Here's the rest of it:

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blog/2010/10/11/rough-time-to-be-brooks-conrad-a-good-dude/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_braves_blog&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

You can bitch and moan all you want about Brooks Conrad, but just remember. We're playing with house money at this point. We're lucky to have gotten this far. Don't put that loss (or any other loss) on one guy's shoulders, especially when that guy has left everything he has on the field this season.

The fact is, we're lucky Atlanta still has bodies left to field a team with all the injuries. Conrad is pinch-hitter and nothing more; he has never pretended to be more. Unfortunately, injuries have thrown him into in a situation where he's over his head. The sad part is, unless Atlanta develops some depth in it's minor league system ASAP these are the type of position players that will become the norm. We're going have to dump some of the pitching prospects for position players in the off-season.

The fact is, we're lucky Atlanta still has bodies left to field a team with all the injuries. Conrad is pinch-hitter and nothing more; he has never pretended to be more. Unfortunately, injuries have thrown him into in a situation where he's over his head. The sad part is, unless Atlanta develops some depth in it's minor league system ASAP these are the type of position players that will become the norm. We're going have to dump some of the pitching prospects for position players in the off-season.

I agree about Conrad. I like the guy, but there's a reason he's a 30 year-old rookie.

The Braves have a decent defensive infielder in Diory Hernandez but he can't hit a baseball to save his life. That's where Conrad comes into the picture. Like it or not, Atlanta needed his bat in the lineup, especially when Prado went down with his injury. That put the Braves between a rock and hard place. Do we risk a inconsistent infielder for a bat in the lineup and hope for runs or do we go to the plate with virtually 7 batters (subtract Hernandez and whoever the pitcher is) and play good defense?

I said it all season, and it hasn't changed yet... The Braves need that big bat in the lineup.

i dont really care what Conrad did before last night, the fact is he probably ended the season on his own...he should never be on the field again in a Braves uniform...send him to the Cubs or somewhere.

i bet if the chance arises Cox will put him in to hit to give him a chance to redeem himslef.

And let me guess. You wouldn't like it if Cox did that. FIRE BOBBY!! Right?

did I say that? no...stop being a drama queen.

I'm just saying, he is not in the line up, but I wouldn't be surprised if the chance comes up that Cox gives him a shot at redemption.

Remember guys, we wouldn't be here if it weren't for Brooks Conrad. This is an excerpt taken from Dave O'Brien's most recent blog:

May 11: In his first start of the season, filling in for an injured Chipper Jones, Conrad homers and has a Web Gem in an 11-3 rout of the Milwaukee Brewers. He’d start again the next day, hit a home run and drive in four more.

May 20: Conrad caps a ninth-inning rally with a walk-off pinch-hit grand slam, giving the Braves, who trailed 9-3 entering the ninth inning, a 10-9 win over the Cincinnati Reds. It was the Braves’ third straight walk-off win and the first time a Brave hit a walk-off grand slam when down by three runs since Del Crandall in 1955.

June 12: With the score tied, 2-2 in the top of the ninth inning, Conrad successfully squeezes in a run with a bunt hit. The Braves beat the Minnesota Twins, 3-2. He was one of four players to put his team ahead with a bunt hit in the ninth inning, along with Howie Kendrick, Marco Scutaro and Chris Heisey.

July 24: Conrad snaps a 5-5 tie with an eighth-inning grand slam off Florida Marlins reliever Burke Badenhop. The Braves go on to score eight runs in the inning, rallying from 5-2 down, and go on to win, 10-5. He’s the fifth player in the last 60 years to hit two pinch-hit grand slams in the same season.

August 10: Conrad hits a go-ahead two-run home run in the ninth inning vs Matt Lindstrom. The Braves score three runs in the ninth inning and rally to beat the Houston Astros, 4-2. He became the first player to hit three go-ahead HR in the 8th inning or later off the bench since Rusty Greer for the Rangers in 1995.

August 13- With the Braves and Dodgers in a scoreless tie, Conrad homers off Hiroki Kuroda. The Braves win, 1-0. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Conrad was the fourth rookie in Braves history to win a 1-0 game with a home run.

Here's the rest of it:

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-blog/2010/10/11/rough-time-to-be-brooks-conrad-a-good-dude/?cxntfid=blogs_atlanta_braves_blog&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

You can bitch and moan all you want about Brooks Conrad, but just remember. We're playing with house money at this point. We're lucky to have gotten this far. Don't put that loss (or any other loss) on one guy's shoulders, especially when that guy has left everything he has on the field this season.

Thanks for posting that. I have been trying hard to not be bitter towards Brooks Conrad, because I know he was just a victim of circumstance. Sure, he should have made those plays, and anyone that has ever played baseball could have probably made those routine plays (minus the tough pop-up, that he should have never attempted to catch). But crap happens, and life goes on.

Just think if he wouldn't have hit that walk-off grand slam, or that squeeze bunt, or any of the other big hits that he had through-out the season...we would be sitting at home. Remember, 1 or 2 more loses and we wouldn't have won the wildcard out right.

I think if anyone here is being a drama queen it is the people calling for Brooks Conrads head.

On a side note: I heard Brooks Conrad tried to kill himself after his 3 error performance by jumping in front of a train...but it went through his legs. :D