Confirmed! Virginia WILL sue FED Govt. over health care

bucfan64

AG, Cuccinelli says that Va. will sue the federal government over FORCING citizens to purchase health care.

This is the only guy on the ballot last year that I voted for, he has done at least one thing that I can and do endorse!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/virginiapolitics/2010/03/cuccinellis_office_confirms_vi.html

AG, Cuccinelli says that Va. will sue the federal government over FORCING citizens to purchase health care.

This is the only guy on the ballot last year that I voted for, he has done at least one thing that I can and do endorse!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/virginiapolitics/2010/03/cuccinellis_office_confirms_vi.html

I'm not siding either way on this Bucfan, but it doesn't seem so popular from the Virginia Tax payers comments at the bottom. It's a loose loose situation, either way it goes we are going to spend tax payers money (after we are already in a budget crisis with the state) raging war on this issue. Or we are going to spend money our federal government do not have... It's a bad time for America indeed.

I'm not siding either way on this Bucfan, but it doesn't seem so popular from the Virginia Tax payers comments at the bottom. It's a loose loose situation, either way it goes we are going to spend tax payers money (after we are already in a budget crisis with the state) raging war on this issue. Or we are going to spend money our federal government do not have... It's a bad time for America indeed.

I didn't count the comments for or against, but I read most of them, and it seems to me that there are several supporters of this law suit. To me, it's not a lose lose situation at all. The only way the American people lose in this situation is if they are forced to accept Obama's health care bill.

I didn't count the comments for or against, but I read most of them, and it seems to me that there are several supporters of this law suit. To me, it's not a lose lose situation at all. The only way the American people lose in this situation is if they are forced to accept Obama's health care bill.

Just a "What if" thought here, what if Virginia fails and do not win the case? Think of the millions spent? I'm just not 100% sure the state can win against the Federal government. We do not have the millions freely available to spend to lose. But if we win, then we have set the benchmark for all other states.

There are presently 36 states that are preparting to follow Virginias lead on this. Should end up being a very interesting hearing.

By the way, the posted comments were more in favor of this measure than opposed. It is just that the first few were opposed.

Beautiful. Light the way, VA!

GMan, the reference is the VA Motto. It means this always to tyrants. It is symbolic of the anti-British sentiment during the American Revolution. The history teacher doesn't have to look it up.

GMan, the reference is the VA Motto. It means this always to tyrants. It is symbolic of the anti-British sentiment during the American Revolution. The history teacher doesn't have to look it up.

OK, five of us say we know it...I know that three of the five knew it without looking it up...I'll take the other two's word for it. But I still would have made lots of money on that bet...:D

OK, five of us say we know it...I know that three of the five knew it without looking it up...I'll take the other two's word for it. But I still would have made lots of money on that bet...:D

A couple of more quotes that I think apply to this thread:

Who said.....

"The tree of liberty from time to time, must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots. It is a natural manure."

"Those who refuse to fight for their liberty deserve to die slaves."

A couple of more quotes that I think apply to this thread:

Who said.....

"The tree of liberty from time to time, must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots. It is a natural manure."

"Those who refuse to fight for their liberty deserve to die slaves."

Hint: he founded my university.

I'm super excited to see my tax dollars wasted on a lawsuit that will have little or no impact other than to waste money. I wonder how all of the school staff and teachers about to be terminated feel about right now?

I respectfully disagree with you on this matter.

Which is more important $$$$ OR Rights? The suit will have ramifications one way or the other. It is not being inacted just to spend money, it is being inacted to preserve liberty and in defense of the 10th amendment. If we can't spend some cash on litigation that will defend those areas, what do we need tax payer money for? I can think of many more areas in whcih our state will WASTE tax payer money, that will have little to no impact, none of which are anywhere near as imporatant of an issue as this.

You argument is akin to saying, "oh they shouldn't have fixed those pot holes in 460 the other day, I wonder how the teachers who might lose their jobs feel about that?"

My argument is this lawsuit is a complete waste of taxpayer's money and will do very little to impact or change anything. To me, that's outrageous when every school district in the state is fighting to stay afloat and thousands are Virginia teachers are going to lose their jobs. Which will further sink the state, and country, into more of a financial shit-hole than it already is. And before something is said, I voted a straight Republican ticket in November.

My argument is this lawsuit is a complete waste of taxpayer's money and will do very little to impact or change anything. To me, that's outrageous when every school district in the state is fighting to stay afloat and thousands are Virginia teachers are going to lose their jobs. Which will further sink the state, and country, into more of a financial shit-hole than it already is. And before something is said, I voted a straight Republican ticket in November.

And those not being terminated will most likely get a big pay cut...and see a big increase in class size due to hiring freezes. A lot of programs will be done away with. I don't think Joe Public realizes just how far reaching these cuts will be. Maybe if the football team was cut out of the budget, the public would take notice...

You argument is akin to saying, "oh they shouldn't have fixed those pot holes in 460 the other day, I wonder how the teachers who might lose their jobs feel about that?"

Actually most of that is part of revenue sharing with the coal road board.. Besides maybe 1 to 1.5 million is spent a year is spent on "pot holes" and other regular maintance (excluding major construction work) from buchanan to bluefield on 460 a year. Your talking MULTI million dollars to fight a losing battle, no where near the same money figure here.

Edited by mapper