WVU vs. Duke Predictions...

futbolking

I'm pulling for Butler and WVU...yeh, that's right, I said "I'm pulling for WVU"...LOL...

But I really think it'll be Duke vs. Michigan St. for the title on Monday...

Tom Izzo is the BEST post-season coach in college basketball. He takes more "so-so" teams to the Final 4 than any other coach...

Butler and Mazulla are playing great ball right now but..... Duke's 3 are hard to stop. They play fundamental basketball and shoot lights out. Since Tech didn't make the tourney I'm glad to see an area college team make it this far but it stops here. Duke wins by 10 and adds another Championship banner to Cameron Indoor. The 1 3 1 won't contain Scheyer, Singler and Smith THE LAWFIRM! Coach K is too good of a coach and his players play to calm to let that defense disturb them! LETS GO D U K E!!!!

WVU-74

Duke-69

Officials-12

So, Duke wins.

Yes, that's how Duke win EVERY GAME. It's officals, not talent or coaching. So maybe they should vacate all wins in basketball since the program was started.

Yes, that's how Duke win EVERY GAME. It's officals, not talent or coaching. So maybe they should vacate all wins in basketball since the program was started.

Seems like every sore loser always has an excuse. If the ref blows his whistle then it was a foul, but if not than it was clean. Just play the game..officials very seldomly decide the outcome.

Hello, old friend. If you would take off your dark blue glasses, you would see that Duke gets a ridiculous proportion of game-changing calls in close games. My Hoos got screwed in the ACC Tournament because of a super-ridiculous Duke flop with a 48-46 score late. Baylor got screwed with the worst charge call I've seen this year, and it completely swung the game.

Again, take off the freaking glasses. If you watched ANY ACC basketball since 1981, it'd be clear as crystal.

Seems like every sore loser always has an excuse. If the ref blows his whistle then it was a foul, but if not than it was clean. Just play the game..officials very seldomly decide the outcome.

Officials DO decide and change games more often than they should.

See: Tony Bennett's technical foul in the Virginia-Maryland game on March 8th. You have a human volcano in Gary Williams, F-bombing officials all game, nothing ever called. Tony takes of his coat and throws it down, and the officials T him up, in a 2-point game with 48 seconds to go. Maryland hits both free throws, Vasquez hits a 3-pointer, and that's the ball game.

The officials decided that game. It's the way of life in the ACC, and it disproportionately affects schools not named Duke, North Carolina, or Maryland.

Edited by UVAObserver

in my opinion the reason why duke gets so many calls is because of coach K he works the officials on just about every play and what is BS about it all is that the refs are afraid to get him a technical for some reason.

in my opinion the reason why duke gets so many calls is because of coach K he works the officials on just about every play and what is BS about it all is that the refs are afraid to get him a technical for some reason.

Exactly.

He got a technical in the ACC Tournament. His first since 1993, and I wish I were kidding about that ridiculous stat. Anyone who knows anything about basketball has seen him do everything from F-bomb everything in earshot to LAY DOWN ON THE FREAKING COURT and not get a technical foul. But if anyone else takes off their coat, ooooh boy, the refs will T you up in a heartbeat.

I agree with you, it's directly in the officials' hands.

Exactly.

He got a technical in the ACC Tournament. His first since 1993, and I wish I were kidding about that ridiculous stat. Anyone who knows anything about basketball has seen him do everything from F-bomb everything in earshot to LAY DOWN ON THE FREAKING COURT and not get a technical foul. But if anyone else takes off their coat, ooooh boy, the refs will T you up in a heartbeat.

I agree with you, it's directly in the officials' hands.

I agree Duke gets a few calls every once in a while but every big time program does. Duke received a lot of bad calls in the Baylor game so it goes both ways boys.

Hello, old friend. If you would take off your dark blue glasses, you would see that Duke gets a ridiculous proportion of game-changing calls in close games. My Hoos got screwed in the ACC Tournament because of a super-ridiculous Duke flop with a 48-46 score late. Baylor got screwed with the worst charge call I've seen this year, and it completely swung the game.

Again, take off the freaking glasses. If you watched ANY ACC basketball since 1981, it'd be clear as crystal.

Officials DO decide and change games more often than they should.

See: Tony Bennett's technical foul in the Virginia-Maryland game on March 8th. You have a human volcano in Gary Williams, F-bombing officials all game, nothing ever called. Tony takes of his coat and throws it down, and the officials T him up, in a 2-point game with 48 seconds to go. Maryland hits both free throws, Vasquez hits a 3-pointer, and that's the ball game.

The officials decided that game. It's the way of life in the ACC, and it disproportionately affects schools not named Duke, North Carolina, or Maryland.

did the refs make sure he hit the 3 pointer too? how many chances did they give him to make it?

On the topic of officals impacting games:

The way I was taught as I grew up playing sports: if you let the officials decide the game or a couple of bad calls cause you to lose, you didn't play hard enough for them not to be a factor. You, as a team or an individual, have to play to a level to where the officials can make a couple of bad calls but it doesn't impact the game.

That being said, let's get to the topic...

I think WVU's defense has sucked this tournament. Leaving Missouri an infinite amount of open shots and they just missed. WVU's defense did nothing to beat Missouri, but they won the game. I thought it wouldn't last against Kentucky, but what do you know? The defense struggled, but Kentucky's offense struggled more, so WVU got the win.

Do I think WVU's poor defense will last against Duke's shooters? No, I don't. However, I was wrong, as well as 4 big time WVU fans I talked to about the Kentucky game. If WVU continues to get their breaks with leaving guys open yet they continue to miss shots, they'll win.

Duke - 78

WVU - 70

Atleast America is showing WVU some love this time....Before the Kentucky game only 1 state on espn picked WVU to win (WV)...Now out of 539,000 plus votes 39% pick WVU to win the championship, 30% Duke, 17% Butler, and 14% Michigan State.

I find it funny everyone ripping on duke, like they are some evil empire or something. They play hard, they win, they graduate players. They play the right way, and there has not been a hint of cheating at Duke or Carolina ever. Yet everyone hates them, because they can't beat them. It is called jealousy.

CPF, you're exactly right. Duke and Carolina are two incredible programs because they play hard, they win, they graduate players, and you hardly hear a single negative thing about them (arrests, academic issues, etc.). Jealousy happens.

FWIW, I hate Duke and everything about it. I also hate Mike Kryzewski and everything about him. That being said, I've rooted for Duke exactly two times in my entire life, and tonight is one of them. Anyone want to take a stab at the other time I pulled for them?

FWIW, I hate Duke and everything about it. I also hate Mike Kryzewski and everything about him. That being said, I've rooted for Duke exactly two times in my entire life, and tonight is one of them. Anyone want to take a stab at the other time I pulled for them?

The last time they played WVU?

I am beyond thrilled right now that my Dukies won but on the other hand.

Da'sean Butler, 6 game winners this year, 3rd on alltime scoring at wvu, and now the naismith...wow

I enjoyed watching him some this year and hope he makes a full recovery so he can play in the nba next year