8th Grade Kid at Richlands

Nadoball

Congrats to the kid for getting noticed.

Now, are we seriously hyping up an eighth grader? I mean really? 8th grade? I have seen 8th graders run for over 300 yards in one game. Some are more mature than others at that age. Can't believe a news station is doing a piece on middle school football.

Congrats to the kid for getting noticed.

Now, are we seriously hyping up an eighth grader? I mean really? 8th grade? I have seen 8th graders run for over 300 yards in one game. Some are more mature than others at that age. Can't believe a news station is doing a piece on middle school football.

What's the big deal? Their just giving some recognition to some local kids. As crappy as the economy and unemployment is around here right now its good to show some good stuff about local people. Feel good stories.......get it!!!

Seriously, look at ALL the videos below this young man's. Note, he has a 4.0 GPA and he apparently strives to put forth his best in any of his endeavors. They are all positive videos about the youth of the area. (There's even one of a second grader). Nothing more, nothing less.

(Could it be the mention of the Richlands' football program would appear to generate the "untoward" response????) :D

Good job WVVA on choosing/selecting these local youth and promoting the OVERALL positive images of the future of this area.

trigger: Now, are we seriously hyping up an eighth grader? I mean really? 8th grade? I have seen 8th graders run for over 300 yards in one game. Some are more mature than others at that age. Can't believe a news station is doing a piece on middle school football.

He's a eighth grader getting some great press. I'm sure his family and friends are extremely proud of his accomplishments in the classroom and on the field. Some of you jealous and immature punks need to get a life and think before you type this ridiculous crap. You should be ashamed of yourselves. How petty and childish you are.

Edited by blueinbama

yeap. Franks a heckuva back. heran for 24 touchdowns and 1,600 some yards. I played on the RMS team that recently completed the first undefeated football season in school history. I think its good that we recognize young athletes an just think if my mind serves me correctly Michael Vick was drafted by the Colorado Rockies when he was in 8th grade. So if you think gettin interviewed by a local news station is a big deal then you are wrong. and yes, Frank will be a very big part of what Richlands Football does the next couple of years. Him and a few other players that i call my teamates

Vick was drafted by the Rockies while he was at Virginia Tech, even though he hadn't played baseball since he was 14... That's probably what you're thinking of, he hadn't played since 8th grade.

IMO the 8th grader to watch for at Richlands who will be going to the high school next year is Jared Sanders. (not for sure if I spelled it right)

I think both will be very good, "if", they stay hungry and continue to work hard ! ( which I think they will )

Hey Bulldogs52, I haven't been able to keep up with the young ones as much as I would like since my back surgery. Does Tazewell have some good young players coming up that we should keep an eye on ?

IMO the 8th grader to watch for at Richlands who will be going to the high school next year is Jared Sanders. (not for sure if I spelled it right)

The other running back is as good as Taylor, if not better. His last name is Staten, don't recall his first name.

I think both will be very good, "if", they stay hungry and continue to work hard ! ( which I think they will )

Hey Bulldogs52, I haven't been able to keep up with the young ones as much as I would like since my back surgery. Does Tazewell have some good young players coming up that we should keep an eye on ?

To tell ya the truth I don't know! I think they all transferred.... just kidding.... Usually this time of the year I am pumped up for football, but not feeling it this year... Gonna be a long fall for the Bullddogs!

To tell ya the truth I don't know! I think they all transferred.... just kidding.... Usually this time of the year I am pumped up for football, but not feeling it this year... Gonna be a long fall for the Bullddogs!

I think the first big 7 on 7 is just around the corner. June 12 to be exact. I haven't got the location yet but RHS will be attending. Its hard to believe its almost here. Before you know it you will be hearing those pad pop.

I played for Richlands back in the 70's and still live here, but I do try to keep up with Tazewell, and do pull for them when not playing us.

My daughter lived with my ex up there and was a cheerleader for them. I also got to know a lot of the kids back then and went to all of her games. She graduated in 2001 and went on to UVA and now goes to law school in Miami Fl.

Unlike a lot of fans down here I don't hate Tazewell ( or should I say a strong dislike...lol ). I think a strong program up there helps the district and the county, plus the athletic director was my best friend back in high school, but we fell out of touch over the years.

Good luck to ya this upcoming season.

I think the first big 7 on 7 is just around the corner. June 12 to be exact. I haven't got the location yet but RHS will be attending. Its hard to believe its almost here. Before you know it you will be hearing those pad pop.

Please let us know. Start a post when you find out.

• 2 weeks later...