Wyatt resigns!!!

BigD4VT

I was told from a very reliable source that his resignation was not by his choice - I was also told that Doug Marrs has been asking some of the Tazewell assistants to come to Graham -- who knows -- albeit much of the difficulties with coaching is the parents - but being fair and understanding that you are working with kids helps you be successful and makes for a better chance for a long tenure.

How many assistant positions does Graham have open? I have heard Litz is not coaching this year at Graham, but I haven't heard that there were any other openings.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many assistant positions does Graham have open? I have heard Litz is not coaching this year at Graham, but I haven't heard that there were any other openings.

I have heard that Litz is going to coach at Bluefield under Fred.

I'd like to see Mike Compton coaching Tazewell...hope it happens.

they do that anyway...you either hear it in the stands or they go down on the sidelines and fight with the coaching staff after halftime.

Compton just bought house over there where he is at now.....

Compton just bought house over there where he is at now.....

doesn't matter...I think he would move to coach at Tazzy...unless the green monster has already run him off.

Some drugs are good---I throw Graham in with Bluefield, Tazewell would beat them both!!!

DUDE! Graham THROTTLED Tazewell last year...if they couldn't beat them last year, they may never beat them again...although this year might be T-town's best chance...

The rumor in Bluefiled is that Bobby Wyatt, Billy Roach, and Jerome Wolkoff are all coming to Graham to be assistants. No one up here will confirm or deny. Also rumors that Don Jones is going to Charlotte because he can't find teaching job locally. Concensus rumor is that Dave Litz will be at Bluefield this season.

Some drugs are good---I throw Graham in with Bluefield, Tazewell would beat them both!!!

Let me see if i get this straight you think Tazewell a team that can not beat Richlands can beat the team that blew Richlands out the last time they played. Yea that only makes sence to someone from tazewell. Trust me the Bulldgogs want no part of Bluefield and I MEAN NO PART.

BLUEFIELD — The Tazewell High School Bulldogs will begin preseason football practice in about seven weeks with a new man in charge.

After six years as the Dogs’ head football coach, Bobby Wyatt has resigned the position, he said on Tuesday. He turned in his letter of resignation as coach to the office of THS Principal Keith Hovis on Monday afternoon.

“I’ve been thinking about it for the last little bit,†Wyatt said in a phone interview. “I didn’t feel like I was getting support, in some areas. It’s just a number of things, nothing I could pinpoint.â€

He will continue to teach physical education and in-class driver’s education at Tazewell High, he said.

He also hopes to be on the football sidelines this fall — somewhere else.

“I’d like to coach, somewhere,†he said. “I wouldn’t necessarily be a head coach. If something comes available, I’ll certainly consider it.â€

A Mercer County resident and Bluefield State graduate, he added, “I don’t plan on leaving the area.â€

His coaching credentials indicate that the search may be a short one. During five of his six years running the Bulldogs, they made the playoffs.

The Bulldogs reached the state semifinals in 2004 and the Region IV finals in 2008.

In addition to his six years at Tazewell, he spent the previous 15 as head coach at now-closed Pocahontas High School. He was also the school’s director of athletics.

When Pocahontas closed after the 2008, many of its students transferred to Tazewell.

His overall head coaching record is 106-104, including a 70-78 record at Pocahon-tas and 34-26 at THS.

All told, Wyatt has 28 years of high school football coaching experience. He was an assistant coach at Grundy and at Pocahontas High before assuming the head coaching job with the Indians in 1989.

At the 2008 Pocahontas Coal Association-Bluefield Daily Telegraph annual football banquet, he received the coach of the year honor.

sounds like he got run off to me

sounds like he got run off to me

Nope...he just got tired of everybody trying to tell him how to run his program...same thing happened to Harris Hart....