Best Games for opening night!

Nadoball

What key matchups do we have going for opening night of high school football? We have Richlands at Legion field to face GC. GC won last season 10-7 should be another great football game to start the season. Any other key matchups on opening night?

This is my fav game of every season because i know that if the blues can beat gate city they should have a pretty good team. This could be a classic the blues return just about everyone as does gate city if im not mistaken they were very young last year also this game could be the best game of the season.

This is my fav game of every season because i know that if the blues can beat gate city they should have a pretty good team. This could be a classic the blues return just about everyone as does gate city if im not mistaken they were very young last year also this game could be the best game of the season.

If we start off clicking well this season instead of waiting a few games to do so I think we leave GC with a victory. Never the less I think it will be a good football game, but I think we take it by 10. I think we have to good of a backfield and passing game for GC to contain (assuming we click early). In addition, I think we have a stout enough defense to contain them under 10 points (Should be one of our best defenses this decade). Should be a classic.

It should be the best if at least not one of the best games of the season. Both teams return almost all of the players from last season and both "could" wind up playing for state championships this season, "could" operative word here.

It was a very close game last year at Ernie Hicks and will be again this year at Gate City..........it's going to be a lot of fun to watch ! It should let both teams know where they stand.

I think the blues can win this game, ( of course I am just a little biased...... ! ) but cannot make any mistakes. I love playing the City because the respect factor is high on both sides and because of the history of both teams.

I also think the Graham and Bluefield game will be interesting also. Graham should be as least a little better this year and Bluefield lost a couple of good players from last years team but still has Fred Simon as coach ! With ESPN filming the game, it could add a little extra incentive for both teams. Bluefield will win but it could be a little interesting.........for a while a least.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

It should be the best if at least not one of the best games of the season. Both teams return almost all of the players from last season and both "could" wind up playing for state championships this season, "could" operative word here.

It was a very close game last year at Ernie Hicks and will be again this year at Gate City..........it's going to be a lot of fun to watch ! It should let both teams know where they stand.

I think the blues can win this game, ( of course I am just a little biased...... ! ) but cannot make any mistakes. I love playing the City because the respect factor is high on both sides and because of the history of both teams.

I also think the Graham and Bluefield game will be interesting also. Graham should be as least a little better this year and Bluefield lost a couple of good players from last years team but still has Fred Simon as coach ! With ESPN filming the game, it could add a little extra incentive for both teams. Bluefield will win but it could be a little interesting.........for a while a least.

ESPN? really?

Guest cj_vt

Blues added Cody Lockhart which should put them over the top on this one. Richlands will match up in regards to size but GC can't match their speed and Lockhart will spread the ball around to all his weapons. That is is the Johnson's don't head home to Big Creek to suit up for the new school. Without the Johnson's GC will roll.

Blues added Cody Lockhart which should put them over the top on this one. Richlands will match up in regards to size but GC can't match their speed and Lockhart will spread the ball around to all his weapons. That is is the Johnson's don't head home to Big Creek to suit up for the new school. Without the Johnson's GC will roll.

Lockhart will make a difference. he has a very good arm and can run also. His experience will help a lot too. but if he is not getting the job done, there are a couple of others that can step in and do the job. As far as the Johnson's go, I didn't think there was much of a chance of them going back to War when all the rumors had come out, but, now that their father has passed away last week unexpected you never know what might happen. From what I am hearing right now, I think there is still a very good chance that they stay in Richlands.

But if they do leave, I think the blues will still be pretty darn good. They are much deeper than many think. It would hurt don't get me wrong, but I think the blues would be alright.

I want to give my sympathy to their family for their loss and I'll keep them in my thoughts & prayers !

I hope they're able to stay in Richlands as they are an asset to the team & the town.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Guys if you take 2 bullets out of a six shot pistol its still dangerous. Even if the Johnsons move elsewhere the Blues will be a hard package for any opponent to handle.

didn't hear about the kids father passing away...what happened? Sad to hear that...hope someone is there for them to help out.

From what I'm hearing Lance it was probably a heart attack but I'm not 100% sure. I believe he was 55. I also believe that they have a brother that is married that lives in Richlands along with some other siblings but I know nothing about who will take care of them or if they will now go back to War or stay here.

That's a big loss for them so I just wish them the best.

Here is a link to his obituary in the Bluefield paper.

http://bdtonline.com/obituaries/x536260701/Albert-Lamar-Johnson

From what I'm hearing Lance it was probably a heart attack but I'm not 100% sure. I believe he was 55. I also believe that they have a brother that is married that lives in Richlands along with some other siblings but I know nothing about who will take care of them or if they will now go back to War or stay here.

That's a big loss for them so I just wish them the best.

Here is a link to his obituary in the Bluefield paper.

http://bdtonline.com/obituaries/x536260701/Albert-Lamar-Johnson

very sad...I'm sure they have bigger worries than where to play football...hope for the best for them.

Lockhart will make a difference. he has a very good arm and can run also. His experience will help a lot too. but if he is not getting the job done, there are a couple of others that can step in and do the job. As far as the Johnson's go, I didn't think there was much of a chance of them going back to War when all the rumors had come out, but, now that their father has passed away last week unexpected you never know what might happen. From what I am hearing right now, I think there is still a very good chance that they stay in Richlands.

But if they do leave, I think the blues will still be pretty darn good. They are much deeper than many think. It would hurt don't get me wrong, but I think the blues would be alright.

I want to give my sympathy to their family for their loss and I'll keep them in my thoughts & prayers !

I hope they're able to stay in Richlands as they are an asset to the team & the town.

It's funny to be reading this about Lockhart coming from Richlands fan, I remember correctly when he first transferred you guys said he would never touch the field as quaterback....

It's funny to be reading this about Lockhart coming from Richlands fan, I remember correctly when he first transferred you guys said he would never touch the field as quaterback....

And I am sure that they will readily and humbly admit.....they were wrong.

Show me the post where I said he would never touch the field ? I think you need to go back and reread any of the post I wrote. I always said that we have 3 guys that can play QB. If Lockhart can't get the job done then we have someone else that can. I do know what skills and potential he has from watching him start for the last 3 years for the dogs. He has also looked good in 7 on 7's so far.

I don't think anybody really knows how good he'll be or "if" he'll be the starter until the season starts.

Somebody may have said he wouldn't see the field, but it wasn't me.

Oh well, Bulldog52 always has an axe to grind!! His posts are actually very entertaining.

Ill admit it about lockhart I was dead wrong about him the kid has the arm to play QB for Richlands i was one of the first that said never touch the feild but from his time in Richlands he has shut me for one up kid has a HUGE upside and i never knew that when he played for the dogs.

Show me the post where I said he would never touch the field ? I think you need to go back and reread any of the post I wrote. I always said that we have 3 guys that can play QB. If Lockhart can't get the job done then we have someone else that can. I do know what skills and potential he has from watching him start for the last 3 years for the dogs. He has also looked good in 7 on 7's so far.

I don't think anybody really knows how good he'll be or "if" he'll be the starter until the season starts.

Somebody may have said he wouldn't see the field, but it wasn't me.

And if you go back and slow down and read what I wrote I said from Richlands fans, that didn't mean you in general, unless you are the only blownader on here!

And if you go back and slow down and read what I wrote I said from Richlands fans, that didn't mean you in general, unless you are the only blownader on here!

No different than the tazewell fans saying he was a trouble maker and not that good. The boy will bite them dogs this year. Come on Dawg!