Hurley and the BDD

Guest stuntdouble

I wouldnt call a one point come from behind win against a team with 3-4 defensive starters out a whipping. Clintwood will roll this season (if they stay healthy) and it will be a three way race for the BDD title. Honaker is probably the favorite tho

Edited by redtiger

I wouldnt call a one point come from behind win against a team with 3-4 defensive starters out a whipping. Clintwood will roll this season (if they stay healthy) and it will be a three way race for the BDD title. Honaker is probably the favorite tho

thats just what i heard, u know how ppl talk and assume. the naders do it all the time

Edited by Falconman

thats just what i heard, u know how ppl talk and assume. the naders do it all the time

Noooo, we don't assume....we know we will kick the falcons butt this year !

Just like we have every year ! The only way you do not loose to us this year is if the sun doesn't come up the morning of the game, but I guess there's always the chance it doesn't. But the odds of the sun not coming up that day, is the same as the odds of the falcons beating the blues.....LOL ! There's about 20 years of history to prove me right.

Now, lets let them get back to talking about the BDD.

I think Falconman just likes being the center of attention. I hope that Hurley improves on their record with the Tigers (Hon. & Haysi) this year. Hurley played with Haysi up until the last quarter and gave Honaker a good game, just losing by 1 point. I don't think Hurley will have a 1,000 yard back this year but they could have 3 backs with 500 yards a piece. I also think the passing game will be improved with Waynick getting a second year of varsity under his belt. I have noticed the Rebels haven't been too enthusiastic during these 2 scrimmages. I guess it's hard to get pumped up for a scrimmage. I have an idea, maybe Falconman can come and do the intro. for Hurley. Enter sandman and the Rebel flop! The fans will have to settle with moonshine and beef jerky instead of the wine and cheese that the Falcons enjoy. LOL

Edited by thevols

No! Honaker will. they whipped Clintwood the other nite according to my cousin!

well do you not remember how close of a game hurley vs. honaker was last year? that says a lot.. you have your teams that are expected to be on top, cuz that's where they've always been, but don't be surprised by the wildcard hurley this year..:)

well do you not remember how close of a game hurley vs. honaker was last year? that says a lot.. you have your teams that are expected to be on top, cuz that's where they've always been, but don't be surprised by the wildcard hurley this year..:)

How many seniors does Hurley have this year, and where did Robbie Rife wind up at?

How many seniors does Hurley have this year, and where did Robbie Rife wind up at?

He wound up in college to prepare for life..He got a 2 year scholarship from SWVCC then he'll transfer to Pikeville to finish his Biology major and do something in the medical field.

UVA Wise offerd him so did Pikeville,Pikeville came up with quite a bit but it's time to begin life. I'll miss watching him play but then again im his dad....Thanks for asking though.

from what the bristol newspaper said. its gonna be hurley or honaker taking the BDD

The Bristol paper is full of $%@# !

I really believe its a three way race. Haysi and Hurley lost their 2-3 best players but most of the teams are intact. Still dont know who honaker lost to graduation but they should be pretty good

That 2 QB type of offense is tricky and usually doesent work out too well. Haysis offense is about the same as always, a gazillion formations, footballs flying thru the air and about 3 run plays,. Its really nice to get to see thaes teams play at the end of the season, both in top form and all, with a playoff berth on the line and the fact that hurley was in the mix last year and will be this year is great!

Neither was great, Haysi looked like they had a long way to go and Hurley lacked big play ability. The rebels werent slow, but they didnt seem to be real fast either. Hurley could be one of those offenses you just cant get off the field, 3-4 yards a run and a passing game that keeps the chains moving. Haysi has the players they just have a few that will have to grow up fast, but the potiental is there.

yeah haysi seems to have its moments on offense, and the potential to score on any play, and i agree about hurley they miss that back they had last year, blankenship i think, but they are a grind it out team that can get 4 and 5 yards every play or maybe break one for 15 every now and again...their defense will be ok, and plus their best receiver wasn't there i don't think, i didn't see a 6'8 guy out there anywhere or however tall he is, so i don't know if he was hurt or what...that will help having that option to just throw it up to him when needed

I am not sure if Hurley thinks that they can beat Haysi.....Sometimes even IF you have a better team it is hard to get over that Hump while on the other side I don;t know how many from Haysi can even rember the last time that they lost a game to Hurley.

Honaker to me looked solid and will be tough for both Hurley and Haysi