Open Week in Falcon Nation

southbound

When I first heard the news no football in Abingdon this week, I was kind of upset. What? This is like the Yankees not playing on opening day or the Cowboys having a week 1 bye. After thinking about it for a while, I compiled a list of why this is a good thing.

Top 5 Reasons Abingdon is open this week:

5. If you can afford to eat at the Tavern in downtown Abingdon, head on down there for a magnificent steak to enhance your evening. Then you can walk around beautiful downtown Abingdon and check out the scenery. If you are cash strapped then head over to Bellas for some pizza & subs. Not much to do on that end of town-maybe cruise down to Damascus and end up on the Creeper Trail.

4. Head over to the Martha Washington Inn and be pampered like never before. You can relax and get a massage or head over for some Ballroom Dancing. My parents say either one is a winner!

3. Grab the family and head on over to the Barter Theatre. They have two outstanding plays running-Tuesdays with Morrie or Elvis. I would recommend Elvis! If you are not into the finer arts maybe you can just head over to the Abingdon Cinemall and watch "The Expendables" with actors like Sly Stallone, Arnold, and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Again either one of these selections would be a winner.

2. The Falcons will be undefeated after week 1. Why most of the SWD will take a loss (Richlands, Tazewell, Carroll, Graham, and Marion), there will be only 2 undefeated SWD teams. Grundy & Abingdon I think Grundy will beat Twin Springs Friday night.

1. Falconman will meet me at the lake Friday night with some ladies. His parents are out of town and we will be celebrating. My dad just bought 2 new jet ski's and we need to try them out. Falconman meet me at the Tavern around 6:00. The rest of you have fun losing Friday night!

:cool:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first heard the news no football in Abingdon this week, I was kind of upset. What? This is like the Yankees not playing on opening day or the Cowboys having a week 1 bye. After thinking about it for a while, I compiled a list of why this is a good thing.

Top 5 Reasons Abingdon is open this week:

5. If you can afford to eat at the Tavern in downtown Abingdon, head on down there for a magnificent steak to enhance your evening. Then you can walk around beautiful downtown Abingdon and check out the scenery. If you are cash strapped then head over to Bellas for some pizza & subs. Not much to do on that end of town-maybe cruise down to Damascus and end up on the Creeper Trail.

4. Head over to the Martha Washington Inn and be pampered like never before. You can relax and get a massage or head over for some Ballroom Dancing. My parents say either one is a winner!

3. Grab the family and head on over to the Barter Theatre. They have two outstanding plays running-Tuesdays with Morrie or Elvis. I would recommend Elvis! If you are not into the finer arts maybe you can just head over to the Abingdon Cinemall and watch "The Expendables" with actors like Sly Stallone, Arnold, and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Again either one of these selections would be a winner.

2. The Falcons will be undefeated after week 1. Why most of the SWD will take a loss (Richlands, Tazewell, Carroll, Graham, and Marion), there will be only 2 undefeated SWD teams. Grundy & Abingdon I think Grundy will beat Twin Springs Friday night.

1. Falconman will meet me at the lake Friday night with some ladies. His parents are out of town and we will be celebrating. My dad just bought 2 new jet ski's and we need to try them out. Falconman meet me at the Tavern around 6:00. The rest of you have fun losing Friday night!

:cool:

How will Grundy beat Twin Springs Friday night. TS is headed to Bristol to play Battle.

Open 31

Abingdon 24

Oh...I thought you were asking for predictions

It wont be that close. Open returns everyone they had from last year and I mean everyone. I dont think Open has ever lost a game in their history of football.

It wont be that close. Open returns everyone they had from last year and I mean everyone. I dont think Open has ever lost a game in their history of football.

But they haven't ever played @ Falcon Hill, with the Entrance, the leap, and the MIGHTY FALCON NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Is open a SWD opponent? If so, then great for Abingdon. If not, then it looks like Abingdon will not win a district game this fall.

And battle will win a district game (NOT!!)??? bahhhahahahahahahahahahaha!!! Same ole battle.

Is open a SWD opponent? If so, then great for Abingdon. If not, then it looks like Abingdon will not win a district game this fall.

That is your last post! The rule on here if you have won less than 5 games in 5 years, you are allowed 1 post a week. Goodbye :D

lol , for now, we'll just have to agree to disagree. See you October 1st.

We're focused on Twin Springs first, as no one should ever be overlooked. I hear open date has a heck of a running game and exactly what week does Richlands come to town? It might be a good idea to chain barter theatre to the ground....I hear an F5 tornado is coming your way.

The difference is.....I know where the Battle program has been....but I also know its on an upward swing due to a great coaching staff, and a lot of hardworking kids..... You'll never hear me talk trash, or take someone lightly.... On the other hand, you're program is the laughing stock of the SWD and you still insist on running your mouths year round.....How do you get beat by 50 and still run your mouth? Maybe you all should talk less.....work more. It may be just the formula you need in order to have success.

The difference is.....I know where the Battle program has been....but I also know its on an upward swing due to a great coaching staff, and a lot of hardworking kids..... You'll never hear me talk trash, or take someone lightly.... On the other hand, you're program is the laughing stock of the SWD and you still insist on running your mouths year round.....How do you get beat by 50 and still run your mouth? Maybe you all should talk less.....work more. It may be just the formula you need in order to have success.

We outwork you guys every year. :mad: Just because you guys started weightlifting this year, doesn't mean you are outworking us. The Falcons have been lifting weights and running a summer program for 20 years. Welcome to the club! :)

Ummm, you guys play richlands?? Ummm, no! We do! We r not scared of the naders. You guys would get beat by 100 by the naders. Back on off here, you are outta of league BOY!

Yeah, Abingdon may be open the first week of the season, but then again, when have they ever showed up for game 1?

You need to get out of the house more often. The Falcons have started many seasons undefeated for 4-5 games. Your team the Bucs dropped their football team years ago. Need I say more :confused:

Poor Mr. battleftbl... He must be bored. It is bad when you come on here and start taking jabs against a team that has outscored Battle 300-44 in the last nine years. That is all the scores that I can find . And I know Battle hasn't beaten Abingdon in at least the 18 years..... so take it somewhere else.

Edited by falconfansrock
Edited for additional material

Poor Mr. battleftbl... He must be bored. It is bad when you come on here and start taking jabs against a team that has outscored Battle 300-44 in the last nine years. That is all the scores that I can find . And I know Battle hasn't beaten Abingdon in at least the 18 years..... so take it somewhere else.

Kinda sounds like Abingdon & Richlands....but yet a couple of the Abingdon fans still think they have a right to talk smack.

Looks like they need to take a little of your advice also.....

Ummm, you guys play richlands?? Ummm, no! We do! We r not scared of the naders. You guys would get beat by 100 by the naders. Back on off here, you are outta of league BOY!

If Richlands left their starters in for more than one half last year against Abingdon the score would have been well over 100 points.:eek:

Guest cj_vt

They could drive to Gate City and watch two real teams play. All those teams you listed in the SWD will probably beat Abington so I guess a week one bye is a good thing.

You need to get out of the house more often. The Falcons have started many seasons undefeated for 4-5 games. Your team the Bucs dropped their football team years ago. Need I say more :confused:

Its called SARCASM, look it up!

and by the way my Bucs DID NOT drop football, they are still playing......

lol, poor battleftbl had a record of 46-10 in highschool and won more playoff games than Abingdon has won in the past 20 years. Come to think it....I won more state titles (3) in my 4 years, than Abingdon has won in the history of their football program. Poor battleftbl also played on the 2001 Furman team that lost in the national title game. poor battleftbl isn't from Bristol and had nothing to do with the past 100 years of pitiful football played at Battle.....but I do know what it takes to be successful, and I promise that the days of Abingdon beating John Battle are numbered. I'm not saying that the streak will end this year, but as I've said before, it will end next year. I wouldn't be blown away though, if it does end this season. lol, poor battleftbl .. that's funny stuff though.

Care to explain what credibility you Abingdon clowns have? Sitting in the stands watching your falcons get dominated by 3/4th of their schedule doesn't give much credibility, nor does your falcon leap, or entrance, or any of that other useless stuff that you guys do up there. So try something else.

Your entire fan base....you run your mouth, get it shut, run your mouth, get it shut, run your mouth, get it shut. Your community has 1 championship that will never be taken away. Abingdon without a doubt has the most delusional, trash talking, full of themselves fans in the State of VA....in any division. Sad thing is, it's never backed up. You've been the kings of washington county for years.....is that something to be excited about? your school is larger than John Battle and Holston combined. I guess its the best you'll ever achieve though.

Its called SARCASM, look it up!

and by the way my Bucs DID NOT drop football, they are still playing......

It is called FACTS! Know them before you put something on here. I have never heard of anyone called the bucs. What football team is that? Maybe a USFL TEAM. :confused:

lol, poor battleftbl had a record of 46-10 in highschool and won more playoff games than Abingdon has won in the past 20 years. Come to think it....I won more state titles (3) in my 4 years, than Abingdon has won in the history of their football program. Poor battleftbl also played on the 2001 Furman team that lost in the national title game. poor battleftbl isn't from Bristol and had nothing to do with the past 100 years of pitiful football played at Battle.....but I do know what it takes to be successful, and I promise that the days of Abingdon beating John Battle are numbered. I'm not saying that the streak will end this year, but as I've said before, it will end next year. I wouldn't be blown away though, if it does end this season. lol, poor battleftbl .. that's funny stuff though.

Care to explain what credibility you Abingdon clowns have? Sitting in the stands watching your falcons get dominated by 3/4th of their schedule doesn't give much credibility, nor does your falcon leap, or entrance, or any of that other useless stuff that you guys do up there. So try something else.

Your entire fan base....you run your mouth, get it shut, run your mouth, get it shut, run your mouth, get it shut. Your community has 1 championship that will never be taken away. Abingdon without a doubt has the most delusional, trash talking, full of themselves fans in the State of VA....in any division. Sad thing is, it's never backed up. You've been the kings of washington county for years.....is that something to be excited about? your school is larger than John Battle and Holston combined. I guess its the best you'll ever achieve though.

What do you want-an apology? I'm sorry we beat you like a drum every year. Hey everybody needs a good homecoming game on their schedule. I can tell you nothing will change, the Falcons will beat down the Trojans year in year out. Learn to deal with it Partner!