2010 Nike Pro Combat football uniforms

bhs7695

On 09-01-10, Nike will unveil their new 2010 Pro Combat uniforms special jerseys to be worn for at least one game this season. Ten schools have been chosen and they are: Alabama, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Boise State, Oregon State, Florida, Miami (FL), Ohio State, TCU, & Pittsburgh.

I understand WVU's is supposed to Coal themed

Virginia Tech's appear to be black and the helmet is supposed to be black as well with maroon stripes and orange "VT"s on the sides.

x2_2845be4

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that picture shows a player with the jersey already and this being the biggest game with largest viewer audience of the year, leads me to think that the Hokies will be wearing them next Monday night againist BSU. Anyone confirm or deny??

The fact that picture shows a player with the jersey already and this being the biggest game with largest viewer audience of the year, leads me to think that the Hokies will be wearing them next Monday night againist BSU. Anyone confirm or deny??

http://www.virginiatechfan.com/2010/08/hokies-wear-black-jersey-boise-state/

This has been my thought for a few weeks with the game being the showcase game it's going to be. Who knows though...

Looks like Boise will also be wearing their Nike Pro Combats for this game as well according to some of their bloggers on Twitter. Old school jersey purists heads may explode while attempting to watch this game.

http://twitpic.com/2k4ze2

Those don't look too terribly bad. At least they sort of stayed within the realm of Boise's "school colors."

They look great. I just watched the whole nike presentation on it (don't judge me). They are drawing inspiration from the old Gray and Black that Tech used to wear, while also stressing the phrase "Ut Prosim" heavily. And that design in the numbers reminds us that we are, in fact, a Polytechnic Institute and what that looks like in the 21st century. The numbers represent a motherboard with a VT twist included in it.

So all you jersey purists, I recommend you take it easy for one game and see these jerseys for what they are: a chance to look cool, have fun, (and make a lot of money).

BTW, the best jerseys of this Nike Pro Combat Series goes to WVU. Simple and meaningful.

They look great. I just watched the whole nike presentation on it (don't judge me). They are drawing inspiration from the old Gray and Black that Tech used to wear, while also stressing the phrase "Ut Prosim" heavily. And that design in the numbers reminds us that we are, in fact, a Polytechnic Institute and what that looks like in the 21st century. The numbers represent a motherboard with a VT twist included in it.

So all you jersey purists, I recommend you take it easy for one game and see these jerseys for what they are: a chance to look cool, have fun, (and make a lot of money).

BTW, the best jerseys of this Nike Pro Combat Series goes to WVU. Simple and meaningful.

They can "talk them up" all they want, fact is, they still look like $hit...

Ha! Well, you won't ever have to see them again after Monday...

You might see them again. Remember, the white jerseys from last year were only supposed to be for the Maryland game. The players liked them so much they wanted to wear them for the UVA game as well and did!