2010 Nike Pro Combat football uniforms

bhs7695

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might see them again. Remember, the white jerseys from last year were only supposed to be for the Maryland game. The players liked them so much they wanted to wear them for the UVA game as well and did!

Black and Orange... I'd think Halloween if they played that weekend.

My next best guess is the Thursday night game when GT rolls into the Burg...

Edit: Not sayin' they WILL wear them again, just brainstorming some decent opportunities should they want to again...

You might see them again. Remember, the white jerseys from last year were only supposed to be for the Maryland game. The players liked them so much they wanted to wear them for the UVA game as well and did!

Good! If the players want to wear them, then by all means, they should wear them. You know who else likes Nike, wants Nike stuff, and wants to be treated like kings by Nike? Recruits! So if Nike wants to tastefully toe the line with what we wear, then I'm all for it. It makes us look edgy, modern, and gets the players of our future to notice us.

Black and Orange... I'd think Halloween if they played that weekend.

My next best guess is the Thursday night game when GT rolls into the Burg...

Edit: Not sayin' they WILL wear them again, just brainstorming some decent opportunities should they want to again...

Yeah, they might wear them again IF we win on Monday. If not, then I say burn the jerseys and refuse to participate in Nike's silly propaganda ever again.

And yes, this is in stark contrast to what I have been posting. I realize that.

I just went to the VT bookstore to see if they had any of these jerseys, and they did... for $80!!! that's a bit steep for me. and looking at them, I really didn't like the graphics that they put inside the orange parts. regardless, I'm sure it'll look good on TV when Beamer ball takes it to the house.

on a side note, they did have the blackout tshirts for $6. I grabbed up one of those, and will be rockin it where ever I am watching the game from (wish I was going to DC)

Even in announcing the release of a uniform dedicated to the memory of fallen coal miners, Bob Huggins has to curse. Keepin' it classy.

always negative on anything WVU. Was it classless when he flew in to visit the families of the miners and brought them homemade food while waiting to hear from their trapped loved ones? Get over yourself!

They're better than anything VT's put on the field in a decade. Count it an upgrade to solid s*** from diarrhea, if you will.

You guys ruined a good thing that you had in the 90s. Those unis looked good.

I think you'll like this season's "regular" unis...look like the ones VT wore way back when UVA could beat them...:D...

17.jpg

Now, THAT is a sweet uniform!!!

They're better than anything VT's put on the field in a decade. Count it an upgrade to solid s*** from diarrhea, if you will.

You guys ruined a good thing that you had in the 90s. Those unis looked good.

Too bad UVA isn't picked to wear special uniforms or made for TV games.

I think you'll like this season's "regular" unis...look like the ones VT wore way back when UVA could beat them...:D...

17.jpg

Now, THAT is a sweet uniform!!!

Better. Hopefully the winning tradition will follow them...

Too bad UVA isn't picked to wear special uniforms or made for TV games.

I could not care less what colors my team wears on the field.

The Hoos could wear Wyoming's colors, as long as they WIN.

I could not care less what colors my team wears on the field.

The Hoos could wear Wyoming's colors, as long as they WIN.

Maybe they should switch to Wyoming's uniforms since the Cowboys ran the Cavs out of War Memorial Stadium a few years back

They wont wear them again. They're auctioning them off so they either think they'll bring in more money then the white out game or don't like em. Either way this will be the only game, i got the info from hokiesports. Its good to stay in the nike loop, but they can come up with uni's better than these.

They wont wear them again. They're auctioning them off so they either think they'll bring in more money then the white out game or don't like em. Either way this will be the only game, i got the info from hokiesports. Its good to stay in the nike loop, but they can come up with uni's better than these.

Didn't they say that last year and ended up wearing them again against UVA?

always negative on anything WVU. Was it classless when he flew in to visit the families of the miners and brought them homemade food while waiting to hear from their trapped loved ones? Get over yourself!

I'm not negative on anything WVU...they do a good enough job of that by themselves.

Looks like Boise will also be wearing their Nike Pro Combats for this game as well according to some of their bloggers on Twitter. Old school jersey purists heads may explode while attempting to watch this game.

http://twitpic.com/2k4ze2

Bad idea...the grey looks too close to the black...how the heck will they tell them apart?...I hope they have a white version of that jersey.