Southwest District

stu_bean

Don't know much about CC or Marion this year. I think Grundy should have a good showing this year. Probably will come down to the CC Vs Grundy game for the second spot. Last could be a 3 or 4 way tie!

Don't know much about CC or Marion this year. I think Grundy should have a good showing this year. Probably will come down to the CC Vs Grundy game for the second spot. Last could be a 3 or 4 way tie!

I agree with this. They are both good teams this year. I don't know much about CC, but like was stated by Lance, they must have a good team to almost pull that game out against Bassett.

CC & Grundy will be a good game.

1- Richlands

2- Carroll Co.

3- Grundy

4- Abingdon (could finish ahead of Grundy if they win the head-to-head)

5- Marion

6- Graham

7- Tazewell

5-7 could all end up tied for last...

I see Graham as losing 3 definite games. Bluefield, Cave Spring, and Richlands.

I think all other games are toss ups.

They could end up 7-3 but I see them more around 6-4 or 5-5

Carroll 2nd Grundy 3rd .Running back for carroll has has a big night at grundy.

Grundy's defense is pretty solid...if everyone is healthy when they play, it will be a good game...Grundy's given up the big play on passes this year so far in scrimmages...they have done a pretty good job of shutting down the run. Grundy's offense can also score some points this year on the ground or in the air...you stop one they can beat you with the other...so...CC better be ready to put some points on the board to win @ Grundy. They have a good balance of size and speed this year, they've had neither in the past 4 or 5....it's not the usual Grundy team you have been watching the past several years.

I agree with this. They are both good teams this year. I don't know much about CC, but like was stated by Lance, they must have a good team to almost pull that game out against Bassett.

CC & Grundy will be a good game.

Heard Bassett had 5 turnovers in that game.

I see Graham as losing 3 definite games. Bluefield, Cave Spring, and Richlands.

I think all other games are toss ups.

They could end up 7-3 but I see them more around 6-4 or 5-5

If Graham wins 3 games, I'll be totally shocked...:eek:...and somewhat pleased...:o

If Graham wins 3 games, I'll be totally shocked...:eek:...and somewhat pleased...:o

The amount of games they win will all depend on if their o-line gets any better because against Bluefield....WOW

Ok so we all agree that Richlands is going to win the district, but what about the rest? How does anybody else see the rest of the district shaking down?

1. Richlands

2. Carroll County/Grundy

3. Carroll County/Grundy

4. Everyone else is pretty much irrelevant this season.

I wouldn't be shocked to see any of the remaining teams finish 4th-7th. Toss-up, if you will.

Heard Bassett had 5 turnovers in that game.

I heard that too. I don't know what kind of turnovers, but I'd say that CC has a pretty good defense.

They held Bassett to one offensive TD, the other was a punt return by that #5 I believe. That's not bad even with the turnovers.

I have another question for ya Nado. Have you had any trouble getting on the other site tonight ? I haven't been able to get there.

I heard that too. I don't know what kind of turnovers, but I'd say that CC has a pretty good defense.

They held Bassett to one offensive TD, the other was a punt return by that #5 I believe. That's not bad even with the turnovers.

I have another question for ya Nado. Have you had any trouble getting on the other site tonight ? I haven't been able to get there.

3 of the turnovers were caused fumbles from big hits. 1 was from an interception. CC does have a pretty solid D this year. Also, their D1 prospect Hunter Grubb will be returning in a few weeks to the offensive and defensive line.

Im just glad CC has to make the trip up here this year.

I have to say from the perspective of being a die hard Dawg for life, I hope that Grundy tops CC. Don't know how others think and feel, but I have always looked at CC being the outsider in the SW district. So I prefer to see the rival schools do well in the district be it Tazewell, Graham, Grundy, or Richlands. It would be a good showing for Grundy as well since they are probably dropping all the southwest games come next season.

I have to say from the perspective of being a die hard Dawg for life, I hope that Grundy tops CC. Don't know how others think and feel, but I have always looked at CC being the outsider in the SW district. So I prefer to see the rival schools do well in the district be it Tazewell, Graham, Grundy, or Richlands. It would be a good showing for Grundy as well since they are probably dropping all the southwest games come next season.

I'd like to see Grundy have a great season this year also and finish in the top 3 of the district. Of course you know who I want to be on top, but after that I would like to see Grundy #2 especially since this is their last season in the SWD !

I'd like to see Grundy have a great season this year also and finish in the top 3 of the district. Of course you know who I want to be on top, but after that I would like to see Grundy #2 especially since this is their last season in the SWD !

Completely agree. It'd be nice to see them get into the playoffs in their last year here in the SWD. They have a shot, just gotta capatilize.