Powell Valley @ Richlands!!

mv91

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PV could suit up their cheerleaders and still beat Richlands easily. This is Phils last year as their coach and he will be heading out with one last State Championship this year. Richlands is in a world of hurt tonight.;)

Are you sure your not Falconman and Southbound in disguise ?

You sound a lot like them...lol

good luck to the Blues on Friday Night

This is w/u in BHC today:

Powell Valley @ No. 1 Richlands

Last meeting: Richlands 19, Powell Valley 14 (Sept. 11, 2009 in Big Stone Gap)

Richlands has opened the season in style, outscoring GC and Honaker by a combined margin of 92-22. Devon Johnson (224 yards rushing) is one of many standouts for the Blue Tornado....Powell Valley averages 225 yards rushing, including a 276 yard effort against rugged Lebanon last week....Veteran PV coach Phil Robbins has been forced to retool his entire game plan since his top defensive player Evan Orr (6-2, 275) was injured in a car wreck on Aug. 30....This is a marquee rivalry, but Richlands has a potent mix of experience, size and balance.

Prediction: Richlands 35, Powell Valley 13

Life has many choices---eternity two

GO BLUES!!!!!

richlands- what ever they want

PV-21 with one score coming on a busted play, and the rest against JV

I remember reading this earlier in the week thinking that you were talking out of your rear end but you were about spot on with this. Nice one.

Have to say that the blues looked great the first half ! Played extremely well in every phase of the game. Got a lot of good playing time & experience for the young kids in the 2nd half

Now.....it's time for Abingdon ! Look out Falconman, here we come......lol !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

swvaoutdoors is a Gate City fan. He likes messing with us Richlands Fans. By the way Jason PV must have forget their slop bucket.

If I did not like you I would not mess with you.;)

Next up Abingdon brings in their slop bucket and puts the beat down on the little wind gusts winning 49 to 7.:p

Next up Abingdon brings in their slop bucket and puts the beat down on the little wind gusts winning 49 to 7.:p

I dont know if Abingdon even knows what a slop bucket is. Congrats to GC on the win over South tonight it sounded like it was good game.

I dont know if Abingdon even knows what a slop bucket is. Congrats to GC on the win over South tonight it sounded like it was good game.

Thanks! It was a dandy! How did you guys think PV looked?

Thanks! It was a dandy! How did you guys think PV looked?

Pv had a hard time stoping anything in the first half way over matched. They do have a little speed but could not get anything going. I had keep hearing PV was a physical team but if they are it didnt show tonight. I think Honaker give the Blues a better game than PV did tonight.

Now see, there you go again...........just like ole Falconboy.....LOL ! :p

Just messing with ya also ! Congrats on the win tonight ! Way to represent SWVA.

Pv had a hard time stoping anything in the first half way over matched. They do have a little speed but could not get anything going. I had keep hearing PV was a physical team but if they are it didnt show tonight. I think Honaker give the Blues a better game than PV did tonight.

I agree with you on the Honaker thing ! They were much more physical. Powell couldn't do anything on offense and couldn't stop anything we tried to do when we were on offense tonight. I was really surprised. I thought that Mance showed a lot of respect for Robbins with the way he called off the dogs as fast as he did !

But he is a class act ( Mance that is ).

Where are Southbound and FalconMan now??? They bragged big stuff that PV was "far more physical" than Richlands. And how the world would know about Abingdon tonight. So now that we were playing our 2nd string with 6 min left in the first half, and they got beat, they are nowhere to be found. Hahaha. Boy I cant wait till next Friday. I hope every player in that locker room finds out what people are saying and post it in the locker.

Where are Southbound and FalconMan now??? They bragged big stuff that PV was "far more physical" than Richlands. And how the world would know about Abingdon tonight. So now that we were playing our 2nd string with 6 min left in the first half, and they got beat, they are nowhere to be found. Hahaha. Boy I cant wait till next Friday. I hope every player in that locker room finds out what people are saying and post it in the locker.

You know they will have to talk about how they had Burton on the ropes and got robbed! I don't know any details of the game but it seems like they might be improved a bit. Either way there should be some interesting banter back and forth from them this week with their wild delusions!.

Now see, there you go again...........just like ole Falconboy.....LOL ! :p

Just messing with ya also ! Congrats on the win tonight ! Way to represent SWVA.

It would be boring if we did not rib one another some on here.:D Thanks for the congrats! Our boys grew up a whole lot last night and close games like that really help a lot.

It would be boring if we did not rib one another some on here.:D Thanks for the congrats! Our boys grew up a whole lot last night and close games like that really help a lot.

I love seeing these SWVA schools go out of the area and show how well we can play ball !

A game like that should really help GC. Even though it was a close game, it sounds like they really laid the lumber! That's the kind of game that can pay dividends later in the playoffs.

And it did sound like Abingdon played Burton pretty tough. They may be a little improved this year..........but not enough for next week !

Mance said after the game on the radio that Austin Johnson will be back in three weeks, so I guess he will suit up for the Tazewell game. Congrats Blues you clicked on all cylinders. Thought PV looked really weak and scared. Personally thought Honaker had a better football team.

Edited by Nadoball

Mance said after the game on the radio that Austin Johnson will be back in three weeks, so I guess he will suit up for the Tazewell game. Congrats Blues you clicked on all cylinders. Thought PV looked really weak and scared. Personally thought Honaker had a better football team.

Didn't Cody look good at QB last night ! I think he is getting more & more comfortable in the spread, and what can you say about Bradley last night. IMO I thought he was the player of the game ! Just so athletic and quick and elusive !

Cody Thomas and Will Lowe had their usual great game.

Just a very good all around game last night. A small glimpse of what this team is capable of. So many interchangeable parts.

When they get Austin back and Devon at full strength they will really be scary.

Richlands had a great game last night....they WERE the better team.

Really, that's all that needs to be said. No need to make negative comments (weak and scared) about the other team....what's the purpose.

As Blues fans, we should try to mimic Coach Mance when he speaks about the other team after the game.... he's not uttering negative comments about the other team's performance.

Being more diplomatic about your win earns you more respect among others....than degrading your defeated opponent.

Providing fodder for locker rooms is an unwise course to pursue in this day and age of the internet..... as, we've seen discussed in a recent thread on here.

(Now, carrying-on with SB and FCman is a comical, harmless distraction....b/c they start most of the banter.) :)