Richlands At Abingdon

Blues Man

As if that would help...like I've said before, you could take the Washington Co. All-Star team and they still couldn't stay within 4 TDs of Richlands...

You'll get no argument from me this season. Richlands is the real deal.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no students have left Battle to attend Abingdon. All of the underclassmen from last year, are back this year.

No I meant they live in John Battle but parents take them to Abingdon not any have transfered.

I havn't heard much about them. Are they Big ? Can they handle the like of Brown, Bunker, Lowe Blankenship, Thomas, Mcglothlin and Wolf. Is hess going to have enough time in the pocket. He is the best quarter back in the district.So how does there offensive line compare to the rest of the district ?

I think Hess will have a few scrambles for some small gains. Scramble the key word, if he don't scramble he will get drilled. I look for Abingdon to move the ball just alittle bit here and there but this one will get ugly quick.

I think Hess will have a few scrambles for some small gains. Scramble the key word, if he don't scramble he will get drilled. I look for Abingdon to move the ball just alittle bit here and there but this one will get ugly quick.

Like most RHS games I believe it will the case of RHS out-conditioning AHS. We saw it with GC. Weve seen it in the past. Our ability to constantly rotate people and keep them fresh pays huge dividends in the long run. My prediciton 48 10 RHS

Like most RHS games I believe it will the case of RHS out-conditioning AHS. We saw it with GC. Weve seen it in the past. Our ability to constantly rotate people and keep them fresh pays huge dividends in the long run. My prediciton 48 10 RHS

Abingdon may get a few more yds than GC did on us just for the fact that Abingdon will not try to go up the middle every single play. With that said GC is a much better football team than Abingdon. No way this game at Abingdon this week is 3-0 at the half.

Abingdon may get a few more yds than GC did on us just for the fact that Abingdon will not try to go up the middle every single play. With that said GC is a much better football team than Abingdon. No way this game at Abingdon this week is 3-0 at the half.

Agreed. I see it more of a 21-7 at half with us opening it up in the 2nd half with Abingdon getting tired.

Yes, RHS will probably beat Abingdon pretty badly. Having said that, how boring is that? I want to see a close game that conditioning plays a role in. One where a single mistake can cost a team a win. Scores like 48-12 are boring games. Scores like 14-10 are much better games. If you're looking for bragging rights on a high school (again, HIGH SCHOOL) sports forum then this weekend may be the best weekend of your life....which, truly, is very very sad.

Yes, RHS will probably beat Abingdon pretty badly. Having said that, how boring is that? I want to see a close game that conditioning plays a role in. One where a single mistake can cost a team a win. Scores like 48-12 are boring games. Scores like 14-10 are much better games. If you're looking for bragging rights on a high school (again, HIGH SCHOOL) sports forum then this weekend may be the best weekend of your life....which, truly, is very very sad.

I wish we would have a game like that. The Gate City game was like that until the 3rd quarter. Then conditioning came into play. Gate City was tired and you could tell it. And looking at the remaining schedule for Richlands, unless someone jumps up and surises the heck out of everyone, I'm not sure there will be another close game until the playoffs. No disrespect to the other teams on our schedule, thats just the way I see it. But thats why they play the game...

Abingdon has some good athletes and Hess is the real deal theres no doubt about that, regardless of the outcome of this game.

I think he will hit on some of his passes and Richlands has shown at times to be a little vulnerable on the edges ( probably more from a lack of focus in the last 2 games ) but Hess has good legs and can run with the ball. I'm not sure what type of speed their RB has.

But with that being said, they have not played anybody with the speed & size of the Richlands front 7 and Hess will be running for his life on most plays.

As far as the Abingdon D, I know they played Burton, but they have not and probably will not see a team that is so versatile. The blues have speed and power at RB, and even without #8 ( A. Johnson ) they still have plenty of speed & quickness at the wide out. I think some will be surprised when they see #1 ( B.strong ) and what he can do when he has the ball in his hands. Then there's S.Overton and on & on. Both QB's can run and throw so you don't know what to stop and it's rare to see a team that can do both equally well.

That's not even talking about the size and experience of the O line. If you manage to slow down the spread, then they can go to the power I and are just as effective at running that.

By the 3rd qtr the game will be out of hand though. I don't think the score will be as big as some are predicting, only because Mance will play a lot of kids........as he always does.

I do think that Abingdon will be competing with Grundy and CC for 2nd in the district though.

I know I sound like a homer, but when you see this team, then you will understand why.

It is high school football though, and anything can and usually does happen.

Like most RHS games I believe it will the case of RHS out-conditioning AHS. We saw it with GC. Weve seen it in the past. Our ability to constantly rotate people and keep them fresh pays huge dividends in the long run.

Spot on--

Life has many choices---eternity two

This will be the first game, this season, that the Blues will be facing a team who actually has a passing game. The line must keep pressure on Hess to keep him from being comfortable in the pocket and get him scrambling. He is a very capable QB and does have talent to throw the ball. The Blues DB's must be on their toes in this game. Don't believe Falcons running game will be effective against Richlands line.

I would say Hess has devoured the Richlands films watching coverage and matchups--

Life has many choices---eternity two

The Hess kid is a good QB...they have a good RB...they have 1 good WR...the line is not that great...Hess will probably be on his back a lot unless they throw some quick stuff.

The problem is, and has been, there is a flaw in Abingdon's D...I'm sure Richlands knows it and will run right at it all night long...Abingdon over compensates for the wide side of the field...if you run to the weak side then you are one on one blocking on your line from being in the secondary...I guess they do this to try to keep containment on the wide side...but it's a huge give away to me...if you have a good RB and a good line you should be able to roll up as many yards on Abingdon on the ground as you want...I'm not sure why more people don't do it...at least to the point where it makes them adjust it.

If you don't believe me, just go back and look at the films from the Richlands vs Abingdon game last year and the year before that...then watch the first two games from this year...it's still the same flaw.

Abingdon has more problems like this than answers...so until it changes they are going to have some hard times...they have the numbers, they have good kids who can win, but there are lots of problems with what they are running.

just my opinion.

Agreed. I see it more of a 21-7 at half with us opening it up in the 2nd half with Abingdon getting tired.

Richlands will score 21 by the end of the 1st quarter..........I don't think fatigue will even be a factor in this one.

Last year was at least 2 touchdowns. This year was 15-13. But, remember, Burton is D-1. With Abingdon at D-4, well, you make the call. But, Burton does "know" how to win. Think Richlands doesn't? Not gonna be close, even though Jake Hess deserves better.

Actually, the "official" tailgate will be at Glenrochie - starting on the front nine at 10:00 a.m. There will be a fine Chardonnay served at 4:00 and dinner at 5:30 - filet mignon and a rare french cabernet. Should be nice. Heard that the lobster and shrimp appetizer would be flown in that morning. Can't wait!

Holy crap count me in!

The Hess kid is a good QB...they have a good RB...they have 1 good WR...the line is not that great...Hess will probably be on his back a lot unless they throw some quick stuff.

The problem is, and has been, there is a flaw in Abingdon's D...I'm sure Richlands knows it and will run right at it all night long...Abingdon over compensates for the wide side of the field...if you run to the weak side then you are one on one blocking on your line from being in the secondary...I guess they do this to try to keep containment on the wide side...but it's a huge give away to me...if you have a good RB and a good line you should be able to roll up as many yards on Abingdon on the ground as you want...I'm not sure why more people don't do it...at least to the point where it makes them adjust it.

If you don't believe me, just go back and look at the films from the Richlands vs Abingdon game last year and the year before that...then watch the first two games from this year...it's still the same flaw.

Abingdon has more problems like this than answers...so until it changes they are going to have some hard times...they have the numbers, they have good kids who can win, but there are lots of problems with what they are running.

just my opinion.

Are you ever so correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Somethings never change !!!!!!!!!!1

Richlands is good I do agree with that....but feeling sorry for the teams they play....they aren't professionals....you never know what the high school kids are going to give you week to week they might be arguing with their parents or might have broken up with their girlfriend....anyone can be beaten

Not by anybody local sorry they are that good this year. The have too much depth and are well coached not saying they are perfect by any means teams will score on them. The reason I believe they will go undefeated locally is because they just get better as proven in previous years as the season goes on.