The Falcons VS. The Mighty Richlands!

kineticks

I commend the Abingdon fans for their dedication and hope for their win for Friday night against Richlands. There is a time and a place where we can keep it civil and not degrade the other team. These boys work hard and I am saying this for both teams! Richlands, is the better team and they have played some tough teams. The winner will shine through on Friday night!!!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I commend the Abingdon fans for their dedication and hope for their win for Friday night against Richlands. There is a time and a place where we can keep it civil and not degrade the other team. These boys work hard and I am saying this for both teams! Richlands, is the better team and they have played some tough teams. The winner will shine through on Friday night!!!

i think most people realize, or should...that the Abingdon talk that goes on here is just meant to offened the few idiots that hang out here and post crazy stuff, not the actual team or players...its sort of just a running joke, no harm intended.

2 things about this statement!

1. the day is over and its night

2.well everybody will get a fluke and win but to have a year in year out beating ph is differant come talk to me when you guys beat us year in year out ;)

Take a little of your own advice here ! Abingdon hasn't beaten Richlands in about 20 years now and " most " of the games are not even close. The only difference in that statement you made to that guy is, you haven't gotten that "Fluke" win yet...lol

Talk a little after you have beaten somebody, that's why most people on here think of you guys as a bunch of clowns.

Soooo much talk and nothing to back it up with.

But please keep talking, you are entertaining and good for a couple of laughs !

Richlands is just like the hokies!!!!!! and we are JMU baby!!!!!! everybody counts us out but saturday we will show the hardwork on the gridiron!!

richlands are not like the hokies the look like alot like the tide for you all to be like jmu dont put jmu down by saying the falcons are going to be like jmu

i think most people realize, or should...that the Abingdon talk that goes on here is just meant to offened the few idiots that hang out here and post crazy stuff, not the actual team or players...its sort of just a running joke, no harm intended.

I agree.

Abingdon 77 Richlands 3

Oh and here are a few recipes for those of us that will be eating crow after Friday.

http://www.crowbusters.com/recipes.htm

LOL Are you giving Richlands +74 ? This thread is great, please don't let it die. I am totally neutral on this game, but they still have to play it. Just ask Ole Miss & Va. Tech.

LOL Are you giving Richlands +74 ? This thread is great, please don't let it die. I am totally neutral on this game, but they still have to play it. Just ask Ole Miss & Va. Tech.

Hey I did give a good link to some great crow recipes.:D

ok its embarassing losing to the team thats ranked first in the sate of va single a, its embarassing losing to the team that hasnt lost a home game in 5 years by 2 points,....not

JI Burton isint ranked #1 in anything, not is Single A, not in Division 1, not in Region D, not even projected #1 in their own district. Get your facts straight, they are prob the second best D1 school in region D,.

Well personally i believe the tornadoes are overrated! they havent played anyone to the caliber of J.I. Burton and as a falcon we gave J I all they wanted we just had some mistakes and the REFS were horrible!!!!!!!!!! I have heard that crosswhite wasnt at 100% last week but he is coming out at 110% this week!!!! since richlands lost their star player, Austin Johnson, there wont be anyone that will hurt us with speed! the new transfer will easily score at least 3 touchdowns on Richlands so im feeling the Falcons are going 2-1 on friday! Because we all know that Falcon Hill is a crazy place to be at in the Fall!!!! give me some predictions!!!

what is it with you abingdon people, i know the majority of abingdon fans are nice, and SMART people, and i like abingdon, good place, but with falconman, southbound and a few others, make paople think your slightly "Handicapped". I mean come on, if abingdon beats richlands, I will beg forgiveness and praise the amighty falcon all season, but it-aint-gonna-happen. sheesh.

Richlands will win like 69-13...and thats a pessimistic score.

Maybe Abingdon should start recruiting players from other schools and states like Richlands does. Chances of Abingdon beating Richlands with their own "original" players would be alot better than playing against an "all star" southwest Virginia and eastern Kentucky and southwest West Virginia team. Will Abingdon beat Richlands this weekend...probably not...but at least we will dance with the ones that brung us. What cracks me up the most about the Richlands posters on here is that they act like the players that play for Richlands actually are FROM Richlands...and that's simply not the case. For as many wins as you get, tell me, what players FROM Richlands have been recruited to D1 schools? I'll hang up and listen. (dial tone...hear that...constant hummm)

Guest hokiehaven

I'm surprised the Johnson boys are able to play. Have you heard them talk...? Wow? I would love to know how Devon is getting through school. He might be a nice kid, but they might want to focus on their reading and writing skills before ever thinking about a D1 program.

I'm surprised the Johnson boys are able to play. Have you heard them talk...? Wow? I would love to know how Devon is getting through school. He might be a nice kid, but they might want to focus on their reading and writing skills before ever thinking about a D1 program.

You just reached the "bottom of the pit."

These young men just recently lost their father.

If you want to bash the Richlands team as a whole..have at it!!! However, the personal degradation remarks are a "low blow." Are you inferring b/c they came from WV or the demographics of that area they are lacking refinement in a vanilla world? If not, what else could you mean???

Shame on you for such "how superior I am" remarks ....if we all could be like you!!!

JI Burton isint ranked #1 in anything, not is Single A, not in Division 1, not in Region D, not even projected #1 in their own district. Get your facts straight, they are prob the second best D1 school in region D,.

ok regardless they are a pretty decent team, and we beat ourselves in that game

Guest hokiehaven

You expect me to know their family business. I'm sorry for their loss. I lost my mother when I was a sophomore in high school and grew up poor. However, that never kept me from possessing the quality of education. I could careless of where they are from or who they came from. Great athletes? Yes... but how long can they lean on that before the real world smacks them in the face. Who of the Richland’s is to care of them once they have passed through your school and win your state title? Once you get your next great athlete they will be forgotten. Left to a college scratching their heads because the lack of education that should have been instilled in them. Shame on me? NO. life sucks then you die... The statement was meant as purpose... education!

I am not sure they have 3 players together on the line that can keep Will Lowe out of the backfield but lets just pretend they found someone that can stop him then I will name some more

Cody Thomas

Devon Johnson

Skylar Bunker

Bradley Strong

Albert Fajardo

Jack Vance

I have seen several teams in the SWD play and I am not sure you could put an all star offense together and score very often on this defense or stop the offense for that matter. Since I named several players after you only asked to someone to name one it is your turn name one player who can stop Devon Johnson when he has the football

You forgot a few, Hunter Brown, Jeremy McGlothlin, Nick Wolfe, Tanner Smith, Shaun Overton........I could start naming some subs too............

Richlands by a whole lot. I have seen abingdon this year. They will look like an 8th grade team out there with Richlands. If Mance calls dogs off, 49-0. If he fills like letting the rest of the SWD know what they are in for 68-0.

You expect me to know their family business. I'm sorry for their loss. I lost my mother when I was a sophomore in high school and grew up poor. However, that never kept me from possessing the quality of education. I could careless of where they are from or who they came from. Great athletes? Yes... but how long can they lean on that before the real world smacks them in the face. Who of the Richland’s is to care of them once they have passed through your school and win your state title? Once you get your next great athlete they will be forgotten. Left to a college scratching their heads because the lack of education that should have been instilled in them. Shame on me? NO. life sucks then you die... The statement was meant as purpose... education!

Just be little more classy.......keep remarks to teams and just don't go there. There is no reason to degrade an (16 or 17 yr old) kid. You should probably just keep comments to your self, if your not familiar with the situation you are referring to.

I played for mance but for once I wish he would run the score up richlands would brake 100 easy from what I saw burton has no size compaired to what the blues are bring to town

Richlands 52

Fal 14 against jv

Stay classy, it's no wonder that everybody wants to beat Abingdon so bad.

We'll let you guys keep making comments like this along with all the other trash you talk and we'll just show up and play football !

I thought we could have a little fun this week with a little banter back n forth, but I think that's over with these type of comments so we'll see you Friday and you better hope that Mance takes it easy on ya.

And thanks, the players will not post on here, but I'm sure they read all this stuff and I think you just gave them a little extra motivation, not that they need it, but thanks for the help anyway !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

you know...when i read the first post, it was pretty low ball...but, you actually have a point here...I hope that someone in the Richlands crew helps these boys out after the games are all over with, they will probably need some even if they get some sort of college scholarship be it local or whatever. I hope they do well after high school with whatever they do.